Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarthChris your subtle approval has sold me on this statue. I need a brown wolvie in my collection. I'm sure some awesome custom heads will make their way around to put this guy into the stratosphere.

I totally assumed 1/4 scale. I even have the Koto brown Wolverine ...and I automatically excluded him because of scale. But you're right tho if you include the different scales.

That's OK. You are forgiven. :) I'm sure that 1/4 is probably also the most relevant to discuss in this context, but thought I'd just make sure it was being regarded by the interested party. :)

Interesting read. Thanks for posting!

My pleasure!

DarthChris your subtle approval has sold me on this statue. I need a brown wolvie in my collection. I'm sure some awesome custom heads will make their way around to put this guy into the stratosphere.

Thanks! ;) I appreciate this. As I think I wrote in the article, if I was in the market for one, and didn't already have a Wolverine, this would be a purchase for me. Such a key character needs to have a spot in a Marvel collection.

That's OK. You are forgiven. :) I'm sure that 1/4 is probably also the most relevant to discuss in this context, but thought I'd just make sure it was being regarded by the interested party. :)

Uh ....thanks? Lol! :lol

I hear ya, tho. It's good to know the other choices.

The masked head is slightly growing on me, very slightly. At some angles, usually low angle 45 he looks pretty cool. Still don't like the unmasked head, now my attention has somewhat shifted to the waist/body. In some of the prototype photos, it looked really thin and it caught my eye but it may have been the angles, I'm not sure, his thighs looked almost as wide/big as the waist, hopefully I will grow past that as well, haha.

If the claws were out while he was holding the sword, that'd be pretty cool.

CDK makes a good point about the claws vs sword, but I made a rule if I'm paying for an Ex, I'm displaying same. As for the unmasked portrait... will never see the light of day.

Thanks, Snoopy! :)

The EX is same price, no? Just go with the regular then. :)

Exactly so might as well get the EX. I don't think this one will be cheaper in the aftermarket (sorry CBG). I meant I like both options actually, guess Ill have to break the rule and rotate switch-out hands.

There is nothing wrong with the masked sculpt its supposed to convey wolverine's animalist nature and it does just that. The unmasked head however is atrocious. They should have just scrapped that head and charged less for the statue- It would probably be sold out by now had they done that. People don't like knowing they are paying more for a add on piece that looks like **** and they will never display.

Last edited:
I'd actually love to get a custom unmasked snarling portrait based on Jim Lee's art.

That'll look cool with this Wolverine PF.

The face is fine. It just has to grow on you.

Are we talking about the same face?

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 6.00.11 PM.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the unmasked sculpt its supposed to convey wolverine's animalist nature and it does just that. The unmasked head however is atrocious. They should have just scrapped that head and charged less for the statue- It would probably be sold out by now had they done that. People don't like knowing they are paying more for a add on piece that looks like **** and they will never display.

:confused:

Back