Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I go on a vacation every 6 months and that keeps her happy. Also, we've concluded it's better I spend my money on statues than drinking with the guys and going to strip clubs or buying crack. She sees it as a harmless hobby that keeps me trapped at home

Smart woman

My wife and I go on a vacation every 6 months and that keeps her happy. Also, we've concluded it's better I spend my money on statues than drinking with the guys and going to strip clubs or buying crack. She sees it as a harmless hobby that keeps me trapped at home

You mean this harmless non-addictive hobby?

My wife says the same thing. She only starts to question me when frequent boxes come in :lol, but it's all good :)

I need this guy either way as Brown costume Wolvie is how I first saw him in the comics. MUST HAVE.

I'm a HUGE Wolvie fan so I need him in both his classic yellow and blue duds, and his brown costume. I have the original COM and this brown PF will take care of his brown costume for me. I can never have too much Wolvie. He is that rare character where I allow myself multiple statues of him in my collection. Batman is the other character I feel the same way about. Every other character gets a one statue per scale limit.

Hate bump this with no news, but this things has really grown on me and am very much looking forward to this on my shelf! Hell even my brother and his friend ordered one upon seeing him.

sideshow-wolverine-630x420.jpg

Even though I had a few issues with it, I PO'd it. It's still an impressive looking statue and I think he'll look great displayed with Sabretooth.

I think the one thing that gets me about him is the no hair. Don't think for one minute I'm trolling or trying to bring this thread down. We all love what we love and art is subjective. But when I go back to the brown costume memories he was just so hairy it WAS Wolverine. Short. Hairy. Not quite a hero. Not quite a villain. To me the lack of any hair is like Cap without a star, Thor without blonde hair, Spider way too muscular. It may seem like nitpicking but the dude is a hairy beast. Thats who he is. Especially in the brown costume days. Call me crazy but that's the deciding factor for this guy. And I own the classic yellow Wolvie and it has its own flaws imo. But at least he's hairy.

^ true, this would be better with hairy arms (assuming SS QC could pull it off) but I think its still ok cuz his older costumes, even the early brown one I think, he actually had flesh colored sleeves if you can believe it lol- I'll just go with that.

This statue is groovy ...and a long ways off :thud:

Back