Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to order this
Price tag to high the portraits are terrible they need to redo them
No hair on his arms

Well I hope SS gives the head sculpts another look being a proto but I'm not holding my breath.

Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character, and the brown costume that this more or less represents (apart form the weird lines and leathery look on the brown part) is my favorite Wolvie costume. But, like others, I am not a fan of this sculpt. Wish they would have done a closed mouth sculpt or something else, to distinguish it from the great existing yellow/blue PF, but more importantly because this sculpt just looks weird. Not sure if I'll buy or not, and if you asked me yesterday I would have said with almost 100% certainty that I planned on getting this. Bummer. I know they won't listen, but. . .resculpt that head, SSC!

Ok it seems like many people will be passing on this, I hope that will translate to low ES :)

I will order this most likely, I like the pose and yeah the faces have some room for improvement, but it's actually growing on me. It's probably will look better in person.

I think this piece is great when viewing above the eye level like pic below, I will put this on my top shelve.

21f01av.jpg

I like the sword and I hope it will be metal not cheap plastic.

Original Wolverine PF
EX: $299.99 ES:700
Regular: $289.99 ES: 1000

Since the price was increased by 60% than the original, I would like to see 2 things:

1. ES will be smaller than original or at least the same. In my view higher price should be smaller ES.

2. Hopefully with not too big of ES is easier for the factory to maintain the quality control. Again higher cost I expect higher quality.

I've always been more of a fan of the yellow outfit. Any chance they'd make the yellow suit variant?... Who am I kidding, it's SideShow, of course they will. Well, all they'd have to do is change the shoulderpads. Also, with the X-men+ universe characters licenses in limbo, could I be wrong?

Im surprised this came out with the licensing war. Especially since it came out after they axed XM merch that hadn't gone to PO.

looks ok, I'm pretty much done with ssc though. the escaladed price increases and the sub par product and issues that they refuse to look after people once they receive the statue has basically turned me into a window shopper. Nothing has really spiked my interest in a very very long time....

a year or two ago and this would of been instant order, not so anymore......I wish...

I am surprised by the amount of negativity this is getting.

It is a 1/4 scale fully sculpted brown wolverine. And the chance of another licensed version coming out any time soon is zero.

I am fine with the heads, but even if I wasn't it would remain a must have. There will be plenty of custom portraits to choose from once this is released.

As an enormous Wolverine fan and owner of most of the custom pieces i have to say this looks...........!!!!!!!!!.....?

PANTS.

Probably about 5th in the all time Wolverine 1/4 scale and it's not even out yet. Sorry to be a negative, but it's not got any spark. It's more like an amalgamation of the good Wolverine PF's released but it's just not worked.

It's got the Brown of Madx's costume, the pose of XM's and the arrows and feel of Resinworkx. It's just not got anything outstanding about it. The face is terrible for a start.

If they could sort that face out (why not just go stock standard tough face like Batman PF?) , add hair to the arms and do something about that strange texture, they would have my money.

As it is, this is just another pass. I actually don't mind the masked sculpt so much as it has a animal look about it and they nailed the colors. That's about where it stops though.

looks ok, I'm pretty much done with ssc though. the escaladed price increases and the sub par product and issues that they refuse to look after people once they receive the statue has basically turned me into a window shopper. Nothing has really spiked my interest in a very very long time....

a year or two ago and this would of been instant order, not so anymore......I wish...

Best post ever.

I am surprised by the amount of negativity this is getting.

It is a 1/4 scale fully sculpted brown wolverine. And the chance of another licensed version coming out any time soon is zero.

I am fine with the heads, but even if I wasn't it would remain a must have. There will be plenty of custom portraits to choose from once this is released.

:exactly: I wasn't even a Wolvie fan until the modern films. Then I saw this leaked and was super intrigued, PO'd immediately today. But I do agree these prices have me all but finished on cool vs must have PFs. Plus the price of more Bestas to house them, sheesh!

So any history on why the sword is red?

:exactly: I wasn't even a Wolvie fan until the modern films. Then I saw this leaked and was super intrigued, PO'd immediately today. But I do agree these prices have me all but finished on cool vs must have PFs. Plus the price of more Bestas to house them, sheesh!

So any history on why the sword is red?

Muramasa Blade
- The first Muramasa Blade, often referred to as the Black Blade, was many centuries old. This original blade was forged by Muramasa using a piece of his own soul and granted a number of superhuman physical attributes to the one who wielded it. Muramasa, who has been stated as being quite mad, also poured his madness into the blade. After wielding the sword for a period of time, the wielder would slowly be overcome by the sword's influence. Wolverine wielded the sword briefly and quickly fell under its influence[2]. Wolverine managed to reassert his will over the sword just as he was about to kill the Silver Samurai and Jessica Drew and threw the sword into a wall. The Silver Samurai pulled the sword from the wall and, apparently, was chosen as its fated master. The Samurai noted that the sword was controlled by a person as equally driven as the sword itself[3]. The fate of the sword is unknown as the Samurai was the last one known to have it in his possession but he was not seen using it again.

Muramasa_Blade.jpg

Muramasa Blade
- The first Muramasa Blade, often referred to as the Black Blade, was many centuries old. This original blade was forged by Muramasa using a piece of his own soul and granted a number of superhuman physical attributes to the one who wielded it. Muramasa, who has been stated as being quite mad, also poured his madness into the blade. After wielding the sword for a period of time, the wielder would slowly be overcome by the sword's influence. Wolverine wielded the sword briefly and quickly fell under its influence[2]. Wolverine managed to reassert his will over the sword just as he was about to kill the Silver Samurai and Jessica Drew and threw the sword into a wall. The Silver Samurai pulled the sword from the wall and, apparently, was chosen as its fated master. The Samurai noted that the sword was controlled by a person as equally driven as the sword itself[3]. The fate of the sword is unknown as the Samurai was the last one known to have it in his possession but he was not seen using it again.

Thanks Josh, but it doesn't say how we/SS got to red...

Also regarding price points on the recent PF's, unless Im forgetting one, NONE of the hiked up price PF's have been released yet, so we may just see an significant increase in QC... (doesn't mean Im not getting priced out but...)
For ex. although PO'd much earlier, but releasing now is BG, and she is getting a lot of positive paint app reviews, from whats been seen...

Red in some of the Comic story's.

Edit; Ahhh thanks

Back