Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where the hell is his upper lip? This Matt Black guy has big time trouble with head sculpts. What's up with the Danger Room part of the base? They should've just kept with the environment all the way to the bottom of it. They should have a Silver Samuria to pair up with this.

I get they are trying to go for Miller cover image but it doesn't work. Masked HS is not bad but what is with the leather of on the tunic and forearm parts of his uniform? Its like they painted over a hairy bare-chested Wolverine piece and thought we wouldn't notice. Odd too, as the rest of the leather looks like how you would expect. Its an easy no for me in this new age of SS PFs that cost over half a grand shipped. Where it seems the PFs are now a rich man's hobby, a piece has to be perfect to get a PO with NRD from me. It seems like this might be becoming the case for others too, as exclusives for Spider-Man and Arkham Joker & Batman are still not sold out.

Looks like Wolverine was not wearing a shirt and fell into some brown paint - amazing detail:lol

Eh, I'm over wanting a brown version. I had been itching for one for years, but I'm tapped out on space and I can't bring myself to cram it in the collection somewhere for $500. Were was Sideshow years ago when we were all crying for one of these? Sadly, I'm out.

I just dont get how Sideshow justifies these prices with such huge Edition Sizes. For $1000 from XM you get a truly limited piece to ES 999 thta will go up in value and be rarer. With Sideshow, you pay $500 for a statue with a huge ES that you can find for under retail on the after market. Look at all the Batman and Wonder Woman Reg PFs selling for under retail on ebay. Their business model just doesnt make sense anymore. I am not buying direct at these prices unless they start realing in their overblown edition sizes. If not, wait for the aftermarket and get this for $100 to $200 off on ebay just like Bats and WW. Make too many and you can wait as long as you need to to buy when you find a deal.

I hate that Wolverine costume the most

I don't mind it. That's probably because it's nowhere NEAR as awful as this is

wolverine-1-cornell-stegman.jpg

Like it and Ordered.

:hi5:

I just dont get how Sideshow justifies these prices with such huge Edition Sizes. For $1000 from XM you get a truly limited piece to ES 999 thta will go up in value and be rarer. With Sideshow, you pay $500 for a statue with a huge ES that you can find for under retail on the after market. Look at all the Batman and Wonder Woman Reg PFs selling for under retail on ebay. Their business model just doesnt make sense anymore. I am not buying direct at these prices unless they start realing in their overblown edition sizes. If not, wait for the aftermarket and get this for $100 to $200 off on ebay just like Bats and WW. Make too many and you can wait as long as you need to to buy when you find a deal.

1000 for something rare is only nice if you can get it.... If not you are out of luck and have to pay the flippers the huge after market prices...

Prices going up sucks... I wont argue with that... But you better be sure what you order is something you like/love because you are probably going to take a hit... I am OK with that. Its nice when something increases in value but it's never been why I got into this hobby.

Great point with the after market prices on those recent pieces. Ebay is the ultimate truth teller on what the value of a piece is.

Having said that ... I can't argue with your Wait and get it on ebay argument. ES for EX should remain lower IMO... Around 500 or a little more for the fans... Reg should stay around 1500 to 2000. that way you could probably at least make you money back if you had to.

Good luck finding a Lobo Ex on ebay for cheaper. I've said this before, DC controls or has a VERY large influence in the size of an edition size. They do that with all of their collectibles. Even Prime1 has to sell a crapload of 1/3 Arkham Batmans to use the license.

Good luck finding a Lobo Ex on ebay for cheaper. I've said this before, DC controls or has a VERY large influence in the size of an edition size. They do that with all of their collectibles. Even Prime1 has to sell a crapload of 1/3 Arkham Batmans to use the license.

There's no sense in crying over ES

Okay so yeah...didn't take long for the hate to spill forth.

I love the pose, probably one of the better poses I've seen for a Wolverine Statue in a while. I like the masked head sculpt gives that Wolverine Berserker Rage look and the Katana is a nice touch from the Miller days. I do not like the sculpt on the Milleresque unmasked sculpt. It's almost as if Matt went a little too harsh with the lines in the face trying to mimic Miller's art style, but that's okay I prefer to display Wolverine with the mask on.

Those saying the leather texture looks like fur....right...it looks like the same texturing they used on the Ghost Rider Maquette's Jacket and that actually looks very good and gives it a little more depth.

I love the Japan inspired base, even with the metal looking bottom, which I'm sure is just a pedestal for the rest of the statue, of course that's not going to stop anyone from spitting venom at it, but whatever.

Pricing...well that's always a negative these days, no matter what company it comes from. I'll get this but it's going to probably be after SDCC and will probably be after I tack some RP on to it.

Okay so yeah...didn't take long for the hate to spill forth.

I love the pose, probably one of the better poses I've seen for a Wolverine Statue in a while. I like the masked head sculpt gives that Wolverine Berserker Rage look and the Katana is a nice touch from the Miller days. I do not like the sculpt on the Milleresque unmasked sculpt. It's almost as if Matt went a little too harsh with the lines in the face trying to mimic Miller's art style, but that's okay I prefer to display Wolverine with the mask on.

Those saying the leather texture looks like fur....right...it looks like the same texturing they used on the Ghost Rider Maquette's Jacket and that actually looks very good and gives it a little more depth.

I love the Japan inspired base, even with the metal looking bottom, which I'm sure is just a pedestal for the rest of the statue, of course that's not going to stop anyone from spitting venom at it, but whatever.

Pricing...well that's always a negative these days, no matter what company it comes from. I'll get this but it's going to probably be after SDCC and will probably be after I tack some RP on to it.

Agreed about the "fur" comments... Don't get them... Looks like textured leather to me...

Would not mind a little adjustment to the Feline looking Masked head sculpt... But the POSE IS KILLER.

Great point with the after market prices on those recent pieces. Ebay is the ultimate truth teller on what the value of a piece is.

Ebay is an ok barometer of what's currently desirable, be it weeks months or years and is always a matter of opinion. You can "buy it now" at a over-inflated unrealistic price or wait for something more appropriate/acceptable.

Would not mind if there was a bit more paint detail to the face and arms... Some Hair for the arms... Some 5 o'clock shadow for the face and some blue for the arm veins... He is just a tad to clean looking...

Still happy abut the order... Spidey and Wolverine coming next year... Very happy.

Back