Media Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah 90s kid here. First played both original DOOM and Wofenstein on DOS system, but DOOM was far more superior compare to Wolf back then. But up to now now Bethesda has done amazing jobs with new DOOM and Wofenstein franchise. Im looking forward to their next and maybe final sequels.

Unless you find yourself triggered by those political references which hated by certain group of people... these kind of shoot 'em up games like Wofensteins or DOOM which deep story line is not necessary at all. Wof -> killing nazi and save the world. Doom -> idiots open portal to Hell so kill every last of demons and close the gate, save human. Just simple and straight to the brutal gun blazing and execution.

Main protagonist in Wolf series revealed in this game is half Jew..so the hatred which spreading currently toward Bethesda as using this game as "propaganda" is understandable to certain group of people, again as I have mentioned above.

It has nothing to do with being "triggered". What I disliked heavily about this sequel is the lack of depth and characterization as opposed to the first game. Calling "The New Order" an unnecessary plot "to kill nazis" is an oversimplification. It had rather deep moments for a FPS, such as your survivor (Fergus or Wyatt) having survivor's guilt all those years later and giving you **** for it, the relationship between Klaus and Max Hass, the ramifications of the secret jewish society and its implications and consequences about the war, etc... In the sequel, Fergus is now a stereotypical drunk irishman whose sole plot arc is that his bionic hand plays pranks on him, Set Roth is now a typical mad scientist as opposed to the regretful but hopeful man from the first game.

The best way to sum up the disappointment about this episode in the franchise would be that it jumped the shark. Anya is now a super hero who is deep in the enemy lines tossing grenades while 8 month pregnant with twins, B.J suvives disembowelment, decapitation, etc.. Set Roth is basically a wizard. Many plot points are also left up in the air, such as the mysterious artifact he runs into. Also, Frau Engel is a terrible main antagonist, she was fine in the first one because her role was limited but Totenkopf was such a better villain.

I'm definitely not buying the next one blindly, they'll have to prove they aren't doing the same mistakes again.

Other than that, sure the graphics are neat and the gameplay was less clunky than the first, but if I wanted "just another FPS", there are tons out there. This one's main interesting selling point was the whole nazi dystopian "what if?" future, and in that regard it really dropped the ball.

It has nothing to do with being "triggered". What I disliked heavily about this sequel is the lack of depth and characterization as opposed to the first game. Calling "The New Order" an unnecessary plot "to kill nazis" is an oversimplification. It had rather deep moments for a FPS, such as your survivor (Fergus or Wyatt) having survivor's guilt all those years later and giving you **** for it, the relationship between Klaus and Max Hass, the ramifications of the secret jewish society and its implications and consequences about the war, etc... In the sequel, Fergus is now a stereotypical drunk irishman whose sole plot arc is that his bionic hand plays pranks on him, Set Roth is now a typical mad scientist as opposed to the regretful but hopeful man from the first game.

The best way to sum up the disappointment about this episode in the franchise would be that it jumped the shark. Anya is now a super hero who is deep in the enemy lines tossing grenades while 8 month pregnant with twins, B.J suvives disembowelment, decapitation, etc.. Set Roth is basically a wizard. Many plot points are also left up in the air, such as the mysterious artifact he runs into. Also, Frau Engel is a terrible main antagonist, she was fine in the first one because her role was limited but Totenkopf was such a better villain.

I'm definitely not buying the next one blindly, they'll have to prove they aren't doing the same mistakes again.

Other than that, sure the graphics are neat and the gameplay was less clunky than the first, but if I wanted "just another FPS", there are tons out there. This one's main interesting selling point was the whole nazi dystopian "what if?" future, and in that regard it really dropped the ball.

Well they're definitely make Wolf3, and might be the last part in Wolf series..to kill ultimate mastermind - Adolf Hitler.

Thank you for the breakdown; I'm less excited for this now. I'll get it if and when they announce a sequel, in the hope that the plot will improve, but it seems like we loved the same parts of the original so I'd probably feel let down in the same way.

I've also heard BJ feels more fragile in the sequel, funnily enough given your comments about him surviving everything in cutscenes, and that's a big negative for me.

Thank you for the breakdown; I'm less excited for this now. I'll get it if and when they announce a sequel, in the hope that the plot will improve, but it seems like we loved the same parts of the original so I'd probably feel let down in the same way.

I've also heard BJ feels more fragile in the sequel, funnily enough given your comments about him surviving everything in cutscenes, and that's a big negative for me.

Well, without getting into story spoilers, I'll just say that no, B.J doesn't feel fragile. He feels emo. The angst level is over 9000. Something tragic happens very early in the game and B.J is nearly suicidal about it for half of the game, including sad monologue, suicidal thoughts, etc... And then suddenly it's all over thanks to a huge deus ex machina. What a payoff.

That said, don't let my opinion darken yours, definitely make your own. I don't regret playing it, I am however very happy that I cancelled my collectors edition at the last moment and got it for "only" 40 bucks otherwise I'd be a bit more disappointed even. As I said in my posts, the gameplay IS a lot more fast paced and overall less clunky/more fun, although I found it a bit too repetitive compared to the first game that included some exploring of the levels and some sneaking around. The graphics ARE gorgeous, and I played it on PS4 so PC would look even better if you have a good machine. Just lower your expectations if you loved the first one for the same reasons as I did, and you should like it at least in that regard.

If you really want a story as deep as the first one though, then yeah you'll be sorely disappointed. It doesn't even have an ending.

I meant in terms of the gameplay--a few shots will drop you, whereas in the last game going in guns-blazing after being found discovered was an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant in terms of the gameplay--a few shots will drop you, whereas in the last game going in guns-blazing after being found discovered was an option

Ah gotcha. Well, I played it on an easier setting because the wife wanted to watch me play (for the story, she loved the first one too) and I didn't want to have to restart parts over and over from dying. On easier difficulty I was basically unkillable because the axe melee attack is a gamebreaker, you can one shot everything with it. But some enemy types require some dodging, like the huge mechs that shoot cluster rockets. There's only a few in the game though, the enemy variety itself isn't much, it's mostly normal soldiers with the occasionnal heavy soldier or a couple dogs. I planned to do a run on Uber difficulty afterwards like I did the first game (got it finished 100% back then) but I don't even want to play it again honestly. It's not even anger like for say, Mass Effect 3. It's just.. a huge shrug. "So that's that.. "

People actually care for deep story and characters development in this kind of game ? I dont, the only thing I care is the brutal shooting and killing - same like DOOM. Playing wofenstein similar to watch a film directed by Quentin Tarantino .. Uber violence -> main theme of this series, and thats it. If you care for the story, there are tons of game out there suit you more than expecting from Wolf/Doom.

Eh. The first remake did an excellent job with it's story, so it's no surprise that people wanted more of the same with the sequel. If I want to tear through hordes of enemies, Doom is enough game for me :wink1:

People actually care for deep story and characters development in this kind of game ? I dont, the only thing I care is the brutal shooting and killing - same like DOOM. Playing wofenstein similar to watch a film directed by Quentin Tarantino .. Uber violence -> main theme of this series, and thats it. If you care for the story, there are tons of game out there suit you more than expecting from Wolf/Doom.

It's probably not your intent, but it would be cool to not tell other people what they should care about and what they should play. People will play games for different reasons than you. Most Quentin Tarantino movies are violent, but if you want violence there are tons of movies you could watch instead, even more violent and with less artful dialogues and convoluted scripts. See what I did there?

Playing Wolfenstein and DOOM for the fun, violent, fast-paced shooting action is perfectly fine. But you shouldn't patronize people that enjoy the setting, the characters, the story or the atmosphere.

BTW anyone wanting the Collectors Edition with the 1/6 Scale Figure it’s price dropped to $59.99 at Best Buy with free shipping. I already have the digital download with the season pass but was happy to get the collector set for the Figure and the Steelbook and physical disc of the game.

Anyway has anyone modified their BJ aka Terror Billy?

I know what they were shooting for with the packaging it was suppose to invoke feelings of a 1960s GI Joe. Sadly the blow molded dollar store type body is very light and has no cross arm or lateral movement thigh swivel or ankle movement. So, Joe he is not.....on the other hand, a replacement Joe body a hollowed out head, and some decent boots can turn BJ into a bit of a bad ass. Now I’m not shooting for Hot Toys Type Figure I wanted to keep that retro feel to him because that’s where the charm of this piece lies. Luckily for me one of side businesses is making re-string kits for vintage Joe’s so this mod was quick and simple and well look at the pictures.

Original BJ body.
69b1174561acffa34e08e95507072c94.jpg

A new vintage style Joe body...
a65e1b5d7879d54e25bf3d566e1c0190.jpg

Head retooled to fit a vintage post. Color is better match but the Flash makes it look more obvious.
10428e9af9f259f179f7572938e03eee.jpg

Dress him up....new boots with laces
ffd0873e90b6209444307cd8dbe851d3.jpg

Clothes and Jacket actually fit him better like they were made for a vintage type figure. Also he can now hold weapons in both hands and cross his arms so he can properly hold the heavy weapons with both hands like he is suppose too. He can also duel weld better since he now has a left hand that can actually grip.
713d9cf465cf3b863f5cf4a67d46b755.jpg
f909deff3d48ceb2e0f03d1a1d49aff6.jpg
c41db118e168ba4bceffa6303959d820.jpg

For some reason he even looks better in the tray...
b8e2138279241ebc63037e7dd79bb188.jpg

Maybe about 1/4”-1/2” shorter then the blow mold dollar store body he came with but, totally digging my new Retro “Terror Billy”!
2044e3f996f197271c790759522fb755.jpg

Take care - Jase

Couple more shots....super fun Figure to pose after upgrading the body to a Joe body. Also these pics are without the flash so you can see how the color does match better then the flash pics show.

df9ed18f4b14bc75f7fd092da553a98f.jpg
6b5acc6f6e10435c63aa22eb8bfadf7d.jpg
ef53b9b6c460f7d6c9cecdb0a37ffbe1.jpg
654f9caa94f50ec04c13505e974743df.jpg
04a69a150b71abd533677f9769310b2e.jpg
f7fc9734860f468c33ca864db3fce07a.jpg
c82a71aa3f1cce02b74f6e7cd56eaf27.jpg
28b2415bda03661f5b83045ddd57dbb5.jpg

Hope you dig him.

Take care ~ Jase

I think the quality of this figure is very very bad, very hard to stand on his own, his joints very loose and really cannot pose. Compare to DOOM' Revenant statue - which is super good.. im very dissapoint with Wolf 2 collector edition this time.

I think the quality of this figure is very very bad, very hard to stand on his own, his joints very loose and really cannot pose. Compare to DOOM' Revenant statue - which is super good.. im very dissapoint with Wolf 2 collector edition this time.

Totally agree the base body was some sort of Dollar Store Type 12” Figure, but basically after adding a $13 Cotswold vintage style Joe body he rocks. :)
1e87e1af0d793bd650d75250ee8f6c0b.jpg

It's now $60 with the 1/6 figure?
So a free figure basically. I won't complain.

Totally. I actually picked up a second set sold the game with steelbook for $45 off of evilbay and ended up with an extra figure for roughly $15 that I can kit bash.

Found two more figures off of Evilbay for only $15 each. So I went more modern take this time instead of using a vintage type body. I nodded the head and used a CooModel body and replaced that crappy one. Love how he turned out. Thinking of getting some nice leather like black boots to replace those cheap black rubber ones, but for now I’m pretty pleased.
b57c97776629b1af5b57ddd56787cfbe.jpg
83ff385b24d5d7510ddce4d44bf2890b.jpg
a048dff37f43ef5f31a843977280f913.jpg
c8624c684766f91267b90f03fb15c61a.jpg
b3166df4fede3af7b5ac261178468b16.jpg

The figure is salvageable if you do a body swap and repaint the head, but In the box it makes a nice display. The weapons are GI Joe like. Boots are awful. The game however is freaking sweet and so is the steelbook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if this thread is dead or not. But I customized my BJ if anyone is interested in pics? It was my first custom and I am quite proud of how it turned out :) Had I known of this thread I would have posted pics 2 years ago.

Back