Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the people who converted on the waitlist make their reservation early when it was first available. I bet by now there is many reservations.

I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. Are you speaking as an authority or just putting a theory out there? Has SS told you something the rest of us don't know about?

How could it not? It only takes 2 eyeballs to see how hard this thing must be to put together. All the leather components, the netting, the dreads, quills and all the switch out/removable parts. There is a lot going on in this piece. It is easily the most complex/detailed piece I've seen in any collectible to date. That's no excuse for the poor qc, but that's how I see it. The Death LSF will be on par for complexity, I'm curious if it will suffer from tons of qc issues too.

Did the people who converted on the waitlist make their reservation early when it was first available. I bet by now there is many reservations.

It won't hurt anything, just do it. Some people might cancel if theirs converts.

How could it not? It only takes 2 eyeballs to see how hard this thing must be to put together. All the leather components, the netting, the dreads, quills and all the switch out/removable parts. There is a lot going on in this piece. It is easily the most complex/detailed piece I've seen in any collectible to date. That's no excuse for the poor qc, but that's how I see it. The Death LSF will be on par for complexity, I'm curious if it will suffer from tons of qc issues too.

You misunderstood. I'm not disagreeing that the Wolf is a more complicated piece. I'm posing the question of whether or not that has anything to do with why they shut this piece down so fast.

You misunderstood. I'm not disagreeing that the Wolf is a more complicated piece. I'm posing the question of whether or not that has anything to do with why they shut this piece down so fast.

probably the profit per piece wasn't worth it. and they only have so many workers and production warehouses and tons of products they're trying to push out. with the time needed to produce one statue combined with the damages on this one (think about the cost of return they pay for both ways or if they they have to replace a body, etc.). Also, think of how simple the maul piece must be to produce in comparison. Which I'm wondering why they are stopping production on that one.

probably the profit per piece wasn't worth it. and they only have so many workers and production warehouses and tons of products they're trying to push out. with the time needed to produce one statue combined with the damages on this one (think about the cost of return they pay for both ways or if they they have to replace a body, etc.). Also, think of how simple the maul piece must be to produce in comparison. Which I'm wondering why they are stopping production on that one.

If that's the case, they'll be hurting on the Reaper LSF too. I always felt that the Wolf was a good $500 too high and then there's pieces like the Reaper and Sauron. Makes me wonder. I'm surprised that Sauron isn't part of the LSF line. It's a huge piece. If it was part of the LSF line, I'd imagine it would cost $1000 more.

If that's the case, they'll be hurting on the Reaper LSF too. I always felt that the Wolf was a good $500 too high and then there's pieces like the Reaper and Sauron. Makes me wonder. I'm surprised that Sauron isn't part of the LSF line. It's a huge piece. If it was part of the LSF line, I'd imagine it would cost $1000 more.

But those have a set number of pieces so they produce and then done. Sounds like what they ended up deciding with this one but just won't say the ES.

Sauron was a LSF at first! Most people forget that. SS decided to make it a pf instead. Thank heaven for that cause that is the only piece I have on order right now and as long as the paint isn't horrendous, I think it will be an amazing piece. I only paid $700 shipped for sauron and I payed $2057 for wolf. That makes no sense in the world lol. Sauron looks like a huge bargain in comparison.

But those have a set number of pieces so they produce and then done. Sounds like what they ended up deciding with this one but just won't say the ES.

But then why not do the Wolf the same way, you know? Have an ES and sell those out. There's an answer to this question, but SS doesn't seem to have any desire to provide it.

Sauron was a LSF at first! Most people forget that. SS decided to make it a pf instead. Thank heaven for that cause that is the only piece I have on order right now and as long as the paint isn't horrendous, I think it will be an amazing piece. I only paid $700 shipped for sauron and I payed $2057 for wolf. That makes no sense in the world lol. Sauron looks like a huge bargain in comparison.

Very true. It seems that the only difference between a big PF like Sauron and an LSF is the price tag.

But then why not do the Wolf the same way, you know? Have an ES and sell those out. There's an answer to this question, but SS doesn't seem to have any desire to provide it.

I think because they came out and said it would be an open ES and now don't want to go back and say the ES...doesn't make sense I know because they did that exact thing with the Reaper...open ES and then changed it.

Very true. It seems that the only difference between a big PF like Sauron and an LSF is the price tag.

Well sauron was an in house project. SS went out and hired ADI and a private sculptor outside to do wolf, so that prolly cost a lot.

BTW- If anyone is a planning on throwing away their box for this piece, please let me know. I just want the styrofoam for the heads on this.

Well sauron was an in house project. SS went out and hired ADI and a private sculptor outside to do wolf, so that prolly cost a lot.

BTW- If anyone is a planning on throwing away their box for this piece, please let me know. I just want the styrofoam for the heads on this.

You getting a repaint?

Yeah, I'm sure it does. Legacy stuff is always pricey. I don't know if it would double the retail price, but I'm sure it makes a big difference.

You getting a repaint?

I still want the unmasked head repainted, just the eyes, teeth,mouth and scarring. I think it would make a huge difference. I don't want to ship it without the styrofoam piece though and I don't really want to cut up my styrofoam box for it either.

I still want the unmasked head repainted, just the eyes, teeth,mouth and scarring. I think it would make a huge difference. I don't want to ship it without the styrofoam piece though and I don't really want to cut up my styrofoam box for it either.

True that, true that.

Couldn't agree more! It's been a week now and I still find myself going out of my way to my collection and staring at it. It's rekindled the flame for collecting in a way that makes me scared and nervous.:lol

DSC_1729 by kwkim2010, on Flickr

We do the same we still stare at Wolf even though he's been here for awhile ... this and Maul have cemented our collecting of the LSF's can't get all of them but they have replaced all our other SSC.

Back