Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the replacement, I do find a big paint chip, please tell me the head is okay guys. I won't think they will give me another replacement.

DBD899FC-5597-42DD-A014-0E2CD8D1287D-43198-000003C618E5489D.jpg

C9841B4D-DB17-4231-8572-98690915D077-43198-000003C61EBA1FB7.jpg

950C2A31-99CA-45B0-8067-39EAB11E6EE8-43198-000003C622F968A3.jpg

Heads look fine but the chip...bah. I saw a few microscope chips on mine that you would nearly need a microscope to see them. This one looks bigger but it is still really small Judging from it next to the Shuriken. SMDH at them sending this one out as a REPLACEMENT piece. Crazy they seemed to not even check the new one they were sending out. You would think they would be hardcore about making sure the replacement was perfect. :slap

Looks sweet. Chip is an easy fix though, I'd keep it.

Chris

I second this.....id keep it personally. I think every single one of these has issues, just some are way smaller than others. I seemed to have gotten a good one as many others on here.

3 on mine. I always thought he had 2 but I then again, never really paid attention.

Cool I forgot to count them on the little statue before I packed it up.
I actually have 3 lifesize ones so it's a good coincidence!
One is the sideshow one and I have 2 that are sculpted folded up, like bigger versions of the ones on his belt now.

Looks like they forgot to update some things on the site when they added new pics:

•Backpack with magnetically attached non extended spear

It's not magnetically attached for me.. it's pegged.

400093_press09-001.jpg

Last edited:
Heads look fine but the chip...bah. I saw a few microscope chips on mine that you would nearly need a microscope to see them. This one looks bigger but it is still really small Judging from it next to the Shuriken. SMDH at them sending this one out as a REPLACEMENT piece. Crazy they seemed to not even check the new one they were sending out. You would think they would be hardcore about making sure the replacement was perfect. :slap

BBTS is gonna get me a $150 refund, but they said they are going to try again to get me a replacement. If I get the refund, I am going to send this to a member here to have the face repainted, the crack repaired, some minor touch ups and maybe even have the leg netting removed.

I think it's pretty obvious SS cut this piece short so quick when they realized this piece would have all these issues. I have my suspicions because this piece was so hard to keep good QC on, we will never see another Predator bigger than 1/4 scale again from them. I know they were planning on doing a 1:2 P1, but I highly doubt that will happen because the factories can't get these right.

Looks like they forgot to update some things on the site when they added new pics:

•Backpack with magnetically attached non extended spear

It's not magnetically attached for me.. it's pegged.

400093_press09-001.jpg

mine is pegged too, the proto prolly had a magnet.

BBTS is gonna get me a $150 refund, but they said they are going to try again to get me a replacement. If I get the refund, I am going to send this to a member here to have the face repainted, the crack repaired, some minor touch ups and maybe even have the leg netting removed.

I think it's pretty obvious SS cut this piece short so quick when they realized this piece would have all these issues. I have my suspicions because this piece was so hard to keep good QC on, we will never see another Predator bigger than 1/4 scale again from them. I know they were planning on doing a 1:2 P1, but I highly doubt that will happen because the factories can't get these right.

mine is pegged too, the proto prolly had a magnet.

Congrats....sounds like a good plan.

I'll email SS, Cinemaquette's number so they can ask where their factory is that had no problems with a 1/3 Predator.

I thought I'd post some pics of my Wolf stuff since I got the real camera out. Tried to take some wide shots so you could see more stuff as well.

Here's where the LSF lives currently:

DSCN5633.JPG

Here's my WALL OF WOLF. I have to get the lifesize bust over there on a pedestal I think:

DSCN5664.JPG

Here's a replica wolf stapler and dissolving vial:

DSCN5666.JPG

Can't seem to find a good pic of the folded shurikens or claymore so I'll have to get those up too eventually.

ha, yea, but CM is a classier company run by basically a collector like us. That's why they only do one piece a year. I'm sure they use a much better painting factory, which prolly costs a lot, and that causes CM to only be able to release one piece a year.

Yeah I said it before there are so many rooms for error with this piece due to its detail and complexity. I would imagine this statue is MUCH more difficult to make than other LSFs. I am sure it’s hard for the factory to match the proto due to complexity of this piece. If many people returning or demanding a large credit Sideshow will not make as much as they thought, so no reasons for them to continue making this. I feel lucky that I get a good one with no quality issues that warrant a replacement/credit. I feel my puppy is getting rarer every time I see the Wolf with a flaw :)

On the other hand Hulk maquette another open ES product is easier to make and has less room for errors, I would imagine that statue will be available on Sideshow site for a LONG time, Sideshow should and will milk the Hulk, so they can offset their profit margin for this Wolf with the Hulk Lol.

ha, yea, but CM is a classier company run by basically a collector like us. That's why they only do one piece a year. I'm sure they use a much better painting factory, which prolly costs a lot, and that causes CM to only be able to release one piece a year.

I agree but if they want to come out with $2k products they better handle them differently than a $400 PF and they are not....the packaging, paint..everything appears to be part of the same process. Just frustrating but I don't have one so I say all that as an outside observer. but with all that said I still want one but only because I don't see another 1/3 (or whatever scale it is) Wolf being made again (and I do think it's awesome!).

I agree but if they want to come out with $2k products they better handle them differently than a $400 PF and they are not....the packaging, paint..everything appears to be part of the same process. Just frustrating but I don't have one so I say all that as an outside observer. but with all that said I still want one but only because I don't see another 1/3 (or whatever scale it is) Wolf being made again (and I do think it's awesome!).

after the P2 statue and maybe a new 1/4 P1 statue, I don't think we will ever see another large scaled Predator statue with this much detail ever again unless CM does one, but they said they are only doing one character to represent a franchise now. The only Pred I could see SS coming back to in a large scale is the Berserker cause he has no netting and less detail than the rest.

Back