Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back and too with price but it really looked great on video and I have all the others so went for it as I like the range despite the few flaws on other busts, think I will be seeing what busts other companies come up with in future and I don't think i'm the only one from comments on here

I just read through the last few pages to see what all the talk was about and wow, that does look (and sound) very cheap. Normally I didn't really care about a statues "weight" since I never pick them up and as long as it looked great that's all that matters but this one doesn't even look that great. And the fact that is was $650 is just crazy for that. Like a few have all ready said you could get a better plastic one for under $100 if you want. I only have one thing on order from Sideshow (the Nightmare Batman) and I am hoping it turns out nice but man I'm going to be very careful with future orders.

I only have one thing on order from Sideshow (the Nightmare Batman) and I am hoping it turns out nice but man I'm going to be very careful with future orders.

I have that on order as well...I'm excited about that line...but man, after getting boned so hard on this, I'm leary at best.

I just read through the last few pages to see what all the talk was about and wow, that does look (and sound) very cheap. Normally I didn't really care about a statues "weight" since I never pick them up and as long as it looked great that's all that matters but this one doesn't even look that great. And the fact that is was $650 is just crazy for that. Like a few have all ready said you could get a better plastic one for under $100 if you want. I only have one thing on order from Sideshow (the Nightmare Batman) and I am hoping it turns out nice but man I'm going to be very careful with future orders.

Weight isn't necessarily the issue. It isn't nice having feather wait busts when all of the others are so solid, but it does have the benefit of being able to sit on normal shelving units at least. The issue is that the plastic used feels horribly cheap, it smells cheap and it looks cheap in person which you cannot pick up on in pictures. Imagine those little dolls that your young daughters or sisters used to play with, this thing is made out of the same c**p. It's mind boggling.

I've sat mine in the corner of the living room while I wait for sideshow to respond. The saddest part is that it looks good in the corner a few meters away! Looking okay from a distance is fine for some people, but you always know how unbelievably bad the thing is in reality. And at $650, it certainly isn't enough for me. I so wish they hadn't done this as I really want this beautiful bust in my collection. Just to hammer it home, my girlfriend usually couldn't care less about my collectibles. She walked into me and said "your new Predator is rubbish" I assumed she meant ugly looking for obvious reasons. But no, she said it feels like a toy and then asked how much it cost. Even with my usually sugar coated response, she almost fell over and said I should send it back. Then I showed her how the head didn't even fit. She thinks this whole situation is hilarious, I don't, but I can see why she does.... Even if mine was perfect, I couldn't keep it on principle, this cannot become the norm.

Add a name plate, and make this solid... Instant "grail" Center piece worth talking about for years at least. How did they mess this up so badly?! :slap

. . . How did they mess this up so badly?! :slap

I'm going to beat Centurion, Rebecca & co. on this one . . . .

Because_Sideshow_03_meme.jpg

Then I showed her how the head didn't even fit. She thinks this whole situation is hilarious, I don't, but I can see why she does.... Even if mine was perfect, I couldn't keep it on principle, this cannot become the norm.
We're talking about a LSB here mate. We don't want to know what you and your girlfriend are doing in the bedroom.

:wink1:

I'm going to beat Centurion, Rebecca & co. on this one . . . .

Because_Sideshow_03_meme.jpg

:mwaha

I've already contact my lawyer,actually my brother in law and hes ready to starting something against SS.False advertisement is a bia.tchy,I was told it should be disclosed what parts was made of what.

The way it was disclosed in description,it wasn't clear what was vinyl and what was polystone etc...100% supposed to be plastic ? The base was plastic the dreadlocks polystone ? Necklace plastic or polystone ? Very confusing ? Be more clear next time to avoid trouble and STOP SCAMMING THE COSTUMERS THAT MADE SIDESHOW A VERY SUCCESSFUL COMPANY.Well this time will be legal trouble.Good luck sleeks.

Will take about a week or two for SS to get a certified letter.:yess:

Dude let me know what happens. Side show has been doing **** like this for years. I have had many issues with them and how they rip people off. I would love to see them get it back on them what they have done to so many loyal collectors!!

I think I'm going to keep it. :chase I knocked it down to $465 with reward points, and even with its issues, it looks good at normal viewing distance on my shelf. That's not to say I'm 100% satisfied with it--though I don't remember the last piece I bought from Sideshow where I could say that (and judging from the comments in every thread on this forum, I don't think many other collectors can either). I'm going to contact Sideshow about the stuff I'm not happy about and see how they respond.

I can honestly say that I'm done with Alien and Predator pieces from Sideshow after this though. They're not producing pieces with the quality a buyer should expect for the prices they're charging. I'm desperately hoping Prime produces pieces that really show how badly Sideshow is failing the licenses.

Not%20Alone.gif

Maybe I can get them to renumber my base to fit the new ES of 10. :lol

:lol :lol

tenor.gif

The man doth truth speak. At least you can send yours back and hopefully claim the tax back separately.

RE: "the number 16 engraved on the front of the very front dreadlock in full view." - wait . . . wut????

Just so you know I wasn't making this up. I snapped a few pictures. I've had a few days to compose my thoughts better. I'll dig through the images I took earlier and post a few up in a bit with my thoughts on this as a whole. If I'd done it a before now, my entire post would have been negative and served little purpose, the sad thing is that there are some good things. I'll get into it all later. For now though, have a chuckle at this little gem, it would have made too much sense to use a pencil, or to put it on the part that actually glues inside the head. Much better to fully engrave it in deep, large letters on the front of the bust in plain site..

I'm assuming this may be fairly accurate to the total surviving ES number on this products run. It's so care free that it's almost funny. :lol

ysXQ1HT.jpg

DuAVUZL.jpg

That’s not the number 16. It’s ancient Yautjan scribe. Translates to the human word lackluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you know I wasn't making this up. I snapped a few pictures. I've had a few days to compose my thoughts better. I'll dig through the images I took earlier and post a few up in a bit with my thoughts on this as a whole. If I'd done it a before now, my entire post would have been negative and served little purpose, the sad thing is that there are some good things. I'll get into it all later. For now though, have a chuckle at this little gem, it would have made too much sense to use a pencil, or to put it on the part that actually glues inside the head. Much better to fully engrave it in deep, large letters on the front of the bust in plain site..

I'm assuming this may be fairly accurate to the total surviving ES number on this products run. It's so care free that it's almost funny. :lol

Now I know what you mean, I checked mine - I have a "16" too, along with a "31" on the dred next to it, and a "17" and "32" on dreds on the other side . . . and it goes on-and-on-and-on.

Basically, seems like they ALL have numbers, and it just depends on how they have been put in place as to whether you can see them or not.

When they said these were the first dreds sculpted with texture - that was NOT what I thought they had in mind :wacky

Once again . . .

69f.jpg

Back