Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't Sideshow cancel this and return people's money ? They won't sell the returns.Or whatever is left.

I wish (actually - we all wish).

Here's the combined totals for the 2 forums - 57 confirmed pre-orders - duplicates removed - just LOOK at those numbers :slap

Sadshow_Wolf_Predator_LSB_-_Combined_chart_v01.jpg

I wonder how many years SS will have to give these things away in contests. This wasn't even close to selling out before shipment, crazy to think how many will be returned.

I wonder how many years SS will have to give these things away in contests. This wasn't even close to selling out before shipment, crazy to think how many will be returned.

Yeah - this is only for these 2 forums of course - but still - if the trends are the same elsewhere then someone should get "spoken to harshly" for this.

(* actually - screw that - someone should get "spoken to harshly" regardless! *)​

We can also assess via the 3 existing YouTube vids (all linked earlier in the thread) - none of THESE are complementary - especially the comments/feedback:

• From Chienkramer * - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7FQLZvLkxo
• From Jason Jaeckel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TnxARH-PE
• From RICCI MAN PRODUCTIONS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2erHJ-ezs

Can anyone comment on the feedback from other sources like Facebook & Twitter etc. ? I don't go anywhere near that sort of stuff as I'm a "forum dude".

I've only seen nothing but disappointment in facebook groups for this bust. I would've never thought with the competition that is out there, how much worse SS would get. I guess because they get paid to distribute Prime, they don't feel the heat. They are very good in a lot of ways, but producing statues is not their best quality anymore. There are so many pieces I wanted to get, but now I just wait for in hand pics and those don't usually convince me to buy.

Yeah - this is only for these 2 forums of course - but still - if the trends are the same elsewhere then someone should get "spoken to harshly" for this.

(* actually - screw that - someone should get "spoken to harshly" regardless! *)​

Can anyone comment on the feedback from other sources like Facebook & Twitter etc. ? I don't go anywhere near that sort of stuff as I'm a "forum dude".

I don't know about twitter, but the reception on facebook has been hugely negative. I think there's one person on there who said they are keeping it, and everyone else has cancelled or is returning it.

Just for fun, here's a few posts from Facebook for your reading pleasure :duff

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!"
This ****ing thing IS A PLASTIC TOY!!! God damn it ... I'm PISSED!! $650 for this ****ing god damned plastic ****ING TOY?????????
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'M GOING TO LET SIDESHOW GET AWAY WITH THIS BS! Someone should start an online petition calling for 100% recall for this ****ing disaster!
Man, this piece of **** makes me seriously consider moving away from all things Sideshow. Probably I'm guessing this must be the direction they are moving in ... cheaper and Cheaper and CHEAPER materials until they're basically pumping out McFarlane action figure quality for 50x the price. I'm now SCARED ****LESS awaiting the predator maquette!
Something has got to be done about this. I'm going to do my part Monday morning when Sideshow opens it's doors ... this ****ing thing is going back and they had better be prepared to refund me 100% of my money including the NRD PLUS the shipping I paid. NO WAY IN HELL I'M PAYING FOR THIS GARBAGE. This thing belong on a shelf at Toys R Us ... it's that BAD.

You have to see this thing to believe it ... I knew it was trouble when I picked up the big box with the head and I could have picked it up with one pinky. It LITERALLY looks like something from a TRU shelf. No way in hell this is worth more than $99 tops. Even the base is loaded with plastic parts. GOD, I looking at my Masked Predator bust right here which is a damn MASTERPIECE compared to this thing ... that is an actual statue with solid resin and heavy .. hardly reminds me of a plastic toy you give to your kid like this Wolf disaster is. Really, really sad day for Sideshow collecting ...

Oh this is going to get nasty. The entire head is made of plastic. Not a single piece of resin on this statue other then the base. Just when you think they've changed their ways.... Plastic-Gate is here once again haha
This is getting shipped back just as quickly as they sent it. It's poop

It looks terrible. Similar to something you would find at a kid's toy store but with a killer sculpt. And it wreaks of plastic. I can smell it Everytime I walk by it.

Here is the hilarious thing about this piece. It photographs tons better than it looks in person which is literally a first for me. Always in past a piece looks better in person than pics. Lol.
What's there to say about this piece? Well it has ripped to shreds online and sadly for good reason. Here are my thoughts.
1. In terms of the art design and the sculpt I like it a lot. I think Amilcar Fong did a phenomenal job creating a Wolf bust with a lot of passion and ferocity. I love this way better than my 1:1 pez dispenser Wolf bust.
2. Plastic. I'm not a huge fan of this decision but I can understand it because Predator pieces are notoriously difficult to ship without damage. The quills, the dreads, the bone necklace, you get the idea. Also the weight of it would make shipping even more expensive.
So I don't mind the plastic as long as the detail is there.
3. This brings us to the unacceptable part which is the paint job. Even though the lighting from pics brings out some of the detail I have to say in person this is a truly terrible paintjob. I'm not completely sure whether the plastic casting truly has detail or not because the paint is so poor.
I paid over 700 when you take into consideration tax and shipping. The question that must be answered is this: is this original sculpt and interpretation of the Wolf by Amilcar Fong good enough to warrant a 700 dollar price tag since the material and paint is not? Do I return it for refund and give up on this piece or send it to Joe Dunaway for complete repaint to make it as good or better than even prototype? That will involve investing even more money into the piece. That's the question I have to answer and I'll take this weekend to look at it and think it over. Not easy decision.

SIDESHOW WOLF PREDATOR LSB
Damage everywhere
The Head is Plastic and painted by a toddler.
The base wall is resin with a kind of cardboard on the back, not even plastic!
Last picture above on the jaw its blattering.
THE WORST PAINT AND PRODUCT EVER!
I have got i have to say a quick respond to return the item.
I hope i get my taxes back (54 €)

Just for fun, here's a few posts from Facebook for your reading pleasure :duff

Rebecca - thanks SOOOO much - my hero! :hi5:

Even without the author names, I can recognise who some of those folks are from the style of writing & phraseology :)

Were any of these from an official Sideshow page? - or are they from other unofficial fan "groups"?

It's interesting to hear the feedback on FB and such, as I am never exposed to that stuff. I am surprised though that in all those complaints, no one lit them up about the mandible seam. I also wonder how many people have the issues I have with mine, with the dread paint (skin or whatever it is) coming off, and the head not fitting into the neck joint, ect. ect....Spike, I could use a QC issues list. :)

About their excuses for the use of plastic...it just doesn't make sense.

1. The use of PVC for exceptional detailing- Um, yeah, maybe if they had given us that. But I see nowhere on this sculpt where the detailing is captured better than what a resin cast could have gotten. In fact, I dare say that the features are LESS sharp and crisp from their choice of using PVC.

2. Shipping damages- They are already shipping in 2 "Art" boxes. They could have easily done the whole head in resin, and had the dreads made from a more compliant material and separated in individual pieces to be inserted into the resin head by the customer, much like what has been done before. Breakage problem solved.

3. They took it on the chin cost wise for us to provide us with a much more expensive PVC bust- Eh, why? Who asked for that? You mean you could have given us a less expensive resin bust with weight and crisp detailing, but instead you went with a much more expensive route with from what I can see, zero upsides to? I would have loved to have raised my hand in that meeting.

Last edited:
I've already contact my lawyer,actually my brother in law and hes ready to starting something against SS.False advertisement is a bia.tchy,I was told it should be disclosed what parts was made of what.

The way it was disclosed in description,it wasn't clear what was vinyl and what was polystone etc...100% supposed to be plastic ? The base was plastic the dreadlocks polystone ? Necklace plastic or polystone ? Very confusing ? Be more clear next time to avoid trouble and STOP SCAMMING THE COSTUMERS THAT MADE SIDESHOW A VERY SUCCESSFUL COMPANY.Well this time will be legal trouble.Good luck sleeks.

Will take about a week or two for SS to get a certified letter.:yess:

Last edited:
Made a decision yet bud?

I think I'm going to keep it. :chase I knocked it down to $465 with reward points, and even with its issues, it looks good at normal viewing distance on my shelf. That's not to say I'm 100% satisfied with it--though I don't remember the last piece I bought from Sideshow where I could say that (and judging from the comments in every thread on this forum, I don't think many other collectors can either). I'm going to contact Sideshow about the stuff I'm not happy about and see how they respond.

I can honestly say that I'm done with Alien and Predator pieces from Sideshow after this though. They're not producing pieces with the quality a buyer should expect for the prices they're charging. I'm desperately hoping Prime produces pieces that really show how badly Sideshow is failing the licenses.

Rebecca - thanks SOOOO much - my hero! :hi5:

Even without the author names, I can recognise who some of those folks are from the style of writing & phraseology :)

Were any of these from an official Sideshow page? - or are they from other unofficial fan "groups"?

They were all from unofficial groups. Sideshow doesn't run a group on fb, they just have their official page where they post news and such.

It's interesting to hear the feedback on FB and such, as I am never exposed to that stuff. I am surprised though that in all those complaints, no one lit them up about the mandible seam. I also wonder how many people have the issues I have with mine, with the dread paint (skin or whatever it is) coming off, and the head not fitting into the neck joint, ect. ect....Spike, I could use a QC issues list. :)

About their excuses for the use of plastic...it just doesn't make sense.

1. The use of PVC for exceptional detailing- Um, yeah, maybe if they had given us that. But I see nowhere on this sculpt where the detailing is captured better than what a resin cast could have gotten. In fact, I dare say that the features are LESS sharp and crisp from their choice of using PVC.

2. Shipping damages- They are already shipping in 2 "Art" boxes. They could have easily done the whole head in resin, and had the dreads made from a more compliant material and separated in individual pieces to be inserted into the resin head by the customer, much like what has been done before. Breakage problem solved.

3. They took it on the chin cost wise for us to provide us with a much more expensive PVC bust- Eh, why? Who asked for that? You mean you could have given us a less expensive resin bust with weight and crisp detailing, but instead you went with a much more expensive route with from what I can see, zero upsides to? I would have loved to have raised my hand in that meeting.

That's just what it is. Excuses.

Adjusted to reflect recent postings. Thanks again for the updates folks
thumb2.gif

There are 17 of you that we haven’t heard from yet
– do any of you know what you’re doing with this?​

(* Matt (Python) – I’ve added you as a "Damaged - asking for refund" due to your post on Statue Forum *)​

Sadshow_Wolf_Predator_LSB_-_chart_v03.jpg

Sadshow_Wolf_Predator_LSB_-_table_v03.jpg

not got mine yet, not sure what to do as will lose deposit customs extra delivery cost from customs etc, what happens if it's damaged in relation to refund etc, never had to send anything back before, TIA

I bet plastic will be the new staple their at SS and they continue to use plastic in all their statues and busts, regardless of this fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not got mine yet, not sure what to do as will lose deposit customs extra delivery cost from customs etc, what happens if it's damaged in relation to refund etc, never had to send anything back before, TIA

They will offer you a replacement.
If you decline they will ask you to destroy it, hammer will just bounce off this, and send pictures as evidence for a full refund.
You will then have to jump through hoops, keep the destroyed parts as evidence for the HMRC, to get your V.A.T & Duty back.

thanks col, so out of pocket either way I guess, going to see what it's like as I have the line up to now but after scathing feedback it's not looking good

and there was us originally complaining they didn't put a nameplate in, if only that was all we had to complain about it

Back