Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the price!!!!! but I love more the bust...and Sideshow knows it!!! its simple, instant pre-order for me, no regrets later

Avpr came out like 9 years ago, and for 9 years I have wanted awesome wolf collectibles. I loved the SS life size bio helmet and picked that up, i didn't like how the hot toys figure came out and passed on that, I passed on the 1/1 weapons cuz I didn't really have a good set up to display them. I picked up the Avpr art book and love it. I passed on the 1/1 bust cuz I couldn't afford it at the time and I wasnt crazy about how the dreds came out and how it was a head on a stick and not a true bust with partial chest/shoulder section (Still wish I would of picked it up tho) I picked up the awesome DX 1/1 bio helmet and love it, and I picked up the awesome SS diorama with wolf and the three aliens and love it. I had the hot toys wolf/pred alien dio and sold it due to poor quality on the wolf paint/sculpt. I passed on the legendary scale figure cuz I really wasn't crazy about the pose and sculpt, and I passed on the 1/5 scale statue cuz I hated the pose and wasn't crazy about the sculpt. Basically wolf items don't come along that often, and when they do half the time I don't like how they come out, and the older this movie gets, the less likely it is that collectibles will continue to be made of him especially since his movie was so poorly received (except for the hardcore cult following of the wolf himself) So when a diehard wolf fanboy like myself sees an almost flawless sculpt that I LOVE come out of wolf in a 1/2 scale bust, I know I have to have it. The only thing that had me hesitate at all, is that I would have preferred it be 1/1. Unfortunately I think SS knows this all to well, they know they hit their mark with this one and now we all have to pay dearly for it.

I honestly hope for the ones that preordered it comes out stellar, and, I honestly hope that it comes out like crap so I'm not shooting myself in the foot for not forking up the cash for it. Lol

Site says "product weight" is 8lbs. The others say 10. Rather small difference, but I wonder if it's the dreads? A light, flexible material less prone to breaking during shipping...

considering all the other busts have been like 25lbs, that is shocking to hear. I can't see this weighing only 10lbs unless the dreads are foam.

considering all the other busts have been like 25lbs, that is shocking to hear. I can't see this weighing only 10lbs unless the dreads are foam.

Sideshows website shows that the P1 LSB weighed 10 lbs, so it's really not that drastic of a difference. I never owned any of the lsb's tho, maybe their web site info is off? Exclusive p2 with the name plate weighed 12 lbs, not sure where you are getting 25 lbs from?

This should weigh more than 10 WITHOUT dreads, that has to be a typo, probably 18.

I never quite understood the weights - too often they seem inadequate. The P1 LSB still says 10 pounds, for example, and they list the Masked as 15. My P1 feels more like a freaking boat anchor.

I'm confused. :huh Which is it? On the bright side you saved yourself close to $700. :wave

That's the problem I'm still ****ing wavering on this. I say NO but then in the back of my mind I keep hearing "it could end up great"......

I wonder if Sideshow is raising the prices on some of these pieces because of how popular they know it will be. And they see us collectors spend tons of money on XM statues or $750 for the Iron Studios spider-man- so why not raise the price on the more popular statues/busts. Hence the price tag on Wolf.. dunno. just a thought. I'd rather have this for over $100 less than the IS Spidey.

Back