WITCHBLADE Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artistrex

Super Freak
Reaction score
witchblade178.jpg

I don't know of anyone has posted anything on this, but here's the story

https://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7192

Well....the costuming will be changed from Turner's original designs I guarantee. The TV Show was horrid so I don't have much faith in a film.

Neither the comic, live action TV show, or the Anime really have much story wise. The comic was just an excuse to draw a female wearing practically nothing but some "armor" that strategically placed pasties over her naughty bits for teenage boys to drool over. Story came second.

I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Neither the comic, live action TV show, or the Anime really have much story wise. The comic was just an excuse to draw a female wearing practically nothing but some "armor" that strategically placed pasties over her naughty bits for teenage boys to drool over. Story came second.

I'm not looking forward to this at all.

you got a point there.....:horror

:eek:This brings back bad memories of Barb Wire for some reason.

I got Witchblade (and the Darkness) during their first issues. Absolutely right that it was an excuse to draw a half-naked girl.

However, I read that the comic has gotten better thanks to writer Ron Marz who has done away with most of the scantily-clad women and focuses more on the storyline.

He also has one of the BEST new artists out there, Stephen Sejic (sp?)

witchblade_tpb_cover_top_cow_by_neb.jpg

witchblade-teaser-poster-big.jpg

Teaser Poster. FYI, the woman is digitally created from Sara's comic images and the sexiest digital image ever created.

I've got a feeling this is gonna be another Bloodrayne with a bigger budget and maybe a few semi name actors... I actually thought the tv show was decent on occasion but that may have had to do with Yancy Butler...if there ever was an actress that should have made it to the big time it was her but alcoholism reared it's ugly head.

I'll end up watching the movie just like I did bloodrayne and complain to myself about it for days.

Evan

I collected the comic, watched the TV show (it wasn't that horrible), and netflixed the anime. I gotta say, I'm a fan. Apparently, the only one. :lol

If the movie is like the comic (decent enough story, and massive amounts of eye candy) it will do just fine.

Wizard did one of their casting calls so what do you think of their choices?

WITCHBLADE CASTING CALL
Wizard casts the leading lady of Top Cow’s newest big-screen comic adaptation
pad
By Kevin Mahadeo

Come 2010, Witchblade leaps from the two-dimensional world of comics and busts into the realm of three-dimensional live-action with the production of a Witchblade movie—and the thought alone already has us salivating.

As Top Cow’s flagship title, the comic stars Detective Sara Pezzini, who gained the power of the Witchblade gauntlet—an ancient and sentient artifact that imbues its host with vast destructive and protective powers.

Undoubtedly, any actress that earns the right to bear the ’blade needs to convey as much charisma and independence as Sara herself, and while no cast announcement has been made, we at Wizard freely offer up some potential candidates worthy of the title.

WITCHBLADE CASTING CALL

bladecast1a.jpg
bladecast1b.jpg

EMMANUELLE VAUGIER
Already having dabbled in both realms of the character as a detective in “CSI: NY” and as a star of the comic-book inspired “Painkiller Jane,” Vaugier definitely possesses the background needed to slip on the Witchblade artifact.

wizarduniverse_2009_470184444

MEGAN FOX
She may skew slightly young for a female NYPD detective, but Fox (“Transformers”) encapsulates the two biggest attributes of Pezzini: a tough-as-nails attitude and an air of mystery that just oozes an inordinate level of sexiness. No argument here over whatever artifact Fox wishes to bear.

wizarduniverse_2009_470240928

ERICA DURANCE
As Lois Lane on the CW’s “Smallville,” Durance displays a witty, inquisitive nature and the strong sense of independence needed to adequately play Pezzini.

wizarduniverse_2009_470314698

MICHELLE MONAGHAN
Monaghan would bring a lively and more playful spark to Sara, and her role in the acclaimed “Gone Baby Gone” highlighted the rough-and-tough personality needed for a New York cop.

wizarduniverse_2009_470399552

ELIZA DUSHKU
Dushku gained immense popularity on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” as renegade slayer Faith. Dushku easily fulfills the necessary kick-ass female quotient and plays well to Witchblade’s previously established “chosen to wield great power” mental toughness.

Remember they possibly could be wearing this:

390px-sara_pezzini_-_witchblade.jpg

Michael Rymer Helming Witchblade
Source: Variety
July 21, 2008

Variety has confirmed a story that first appeared on Bloody-Disgusting - "Battlestar Galactica" stalwart Michael Rymer will direct and co-produce Witchblade, a feature film adaptation of the Top Cow comic.

The fantasy involves a jewel-encrusted gauntlet that bestows extraordinary powers upon the possessor, one chosen female from each generation.

Rymer, who has directed 20 episodes of the revived series and produced 40, is filming the "Battlestar Galactica" series finale. The Australian filmmaker recently wrapped production on "Revolution," a two-hour series pilot for NBC Universal Media Studios and the SCI FI Channel.

Witchblade is a co-production of Platinum Studios, Top Cow Productions and Arclight Films.

"Witchblade" Movie To Be "Very Different"
MTV’s Splash Page had an interview with the producers of the new "Witchblade" movie – to be called "The Witchblade", apparently – and learned all sorts of information that might interest the nine people who might possibly interested.

But don’t take my impossibly-unimpressed-by-the-majority-of-trying-too-hard-post-and-in-most-cases-during-90’s-’hard-edged’-psuedo-super-heroes-who-were-more-interested-in-looking-cool-and-having-’dark’-origins-than-anything-actually-meaningful-or-relatable-of-which-Witchblade-is-arguably-the-poster-child-for-the-girl-version-of-that opinion, take it direct from the horse’s mouth:

"We sat down with a couple of guys, [co-producer] Platinum Studios and Marc Silvestri and I, and we banged out a three-page document that says here’ the basic story idea we want to do," said Hawkins. "It’ sort of a balancing act—it’ very different from the book, but thematically, it’s very much the same."

Oh, good! Then thematically we’ll have a ‘tough’ female cop who has a thing that gets all sharp and insectile-looking replace all of her clothes. Well thank GOD for that, because if they didn’t nail that, I don’t know what we would have done.

Look, the premise of a cop–a well-balanced character–who mistakenly inherits an ancient object that forces her to fight demons and the forces of darkness and all that could be great if handled well. It’s a good, fun premise. But statements like the below don’t fill me with much hope that this thing is going to be done well:

"You look into the feelings, the tones and how the character acts, the thing that is the same in ‘Wanted’ is the character arc of Wesley," said Hawkins of the main character in the "Wanted" movie and comic book series. "If you actually look at his journey, it’ the same arc—the circumstances are slightly different and the other characters are slightly different, but it’ the same character arc—so that’s what we’ve been diligently working on with ‘Witchblade,’ too."

Still in search of a new screenwriter, "Witchblade" presents some unique challenges to potential scribes, said Hawkins.

"When you do a female-lead film that’ successful, they always turn it around and they say it was the effects," he explained. "People in Hollywood… When you talk to people about something like ‘Underworld,’ it’s always the werewolf/vampire thing and it’s not Kate Beckinsale. … It’s not that they always think a female lead film is going to fail, but… I don’ know. It’ just one of those things."

Yep. Give up now, guys. Is Fox making this thing and we just don’t know it yet?

Keep it here for wildly cynical comic movie bashing by yours truly, the ever-effervescent Zombiezeus!! Play me off, Keyboard Cat!!

Back