Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent mine back for a replacement on Monday so keeping fingers crossed that the replacement is good :pray:
I dealt with Ashley too and so far no problem.

"Dear Mel,

We are confirming that your returned item has been received.Please allow at least 5-7 business days for the information to post to your account.

Item: 2001991 Ringwraith Statue - EXCLUSIVE

Your replacement order will be leaving our warehouse shortly. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your order to be inspected, packaged, and shipped.

If you have any further questions, please contact our Returns Department at 855-SIDESHOW.

Best Regards,"

Alrighty, now to cross fingers some more.

I received this in the morning. I am really impressed with it. I wasn't expecting such awesomeness! Way better than the Morgul Lord PF.

I received this in the morning. I am really impressed with it. I wasn't expecting such awesomeness! Way better than the Morgul Lord PF.

Yes this is one of my favorite sculpts so far from Sideshow. What impresses me the most is how solid the whole sculpt feels...not to mention it has a nice weight to it making it feel more expensive.
I am one of the lucky ones who received one with zero defects...I feel sorry for the people who have received cracked or completely broken off parts upon arrival.
This "Ringwraith/Witchking" has me even more excited about receiving the "Ringwraith on Steed" once that one is finally released...it is going to probably be the most beautiful sculpt Sideshow has put out IMO. I just hope that the tail of the Horse holds up on that Statue because a Statue that expensive if broken would make me cry. ;)
Anyway back to the Ringwraith...the only complaints I have (and these are very minor issues) are that the Exclusive hand with the extra dagger has the dagger sitting in the hand kinda weird looking...not to mention the whole hand just looks kinda off.
This is only noticeable to me it seems and can only be noticed when looking at this sculpt close up. Also...the main sword needs to be made out of metal not that cheap plastic. If there are people out there that could make a custom metal Sword and Dagger for this sculpt I would seriously be interested.
Still out of my whole collection so far which is getting pretty large and growing,lol...currently this is easily my favorite. I need to buy a decent display case with some good installed lights because the amount of detail from the paint such as the weathering effect can only be fully appreciated under a good fluorescent light. :cool:

Last edited:
Update - Sideshow have agreed to refund my reward points as they supplied a damaged item they cannot replace. However, they want me to smash up the statue and send them photos first!

Bill59 - re:the glue they sent this - "to repair your Ringwraith body, we recommend using Zap-A Gap." The Arm is broken right in where it attaches to the body so won't be visible; the noticeable bit is chipped bits on cloak around "face"- haven't been able to upload pics as says file too large- how do you get over this? Advice would be appreciated as am not a techhie.

Hey guys I just need your opinions on my ringwraith sword hand, to me the bottom of the sword looks crooked. Is it worth contacting sideshow for a replacement? Let me know what you think
B62B8E54-3859-4B80-9AC5-D3671ED6328D-5173-0000045205541BF0_zps362cea6d.jpg

432CE663-BE43-408D-86D8-41EB29E14509-5173-00000452379BB9AF_zpsb879c4e8.jpg

61AB0A28-39A1-402C-B7D6-B14AD94235A6-5173-000004520E2F28FA_zpsc5d6a3a8.jpg

Just a tad bit of heat to soften the poly, bend it back straight, and you're golden.

Same problem with mine, only it was the whole top of the sword that was bent crooked (from being packaged poorly). I heated it up with a heat gun (very carefully) then bent it back straight...it has since gone back to being a little crooked but I can always just do the heat treatment again.
These should have been made out of metal.

Bill59 - re:the glue they sent this - "to repair your Ringwraith body, we recommend using Zap-A Gap." The Arm is broken right in where it attaches to the body so won't be visible; the noticeable bit is chipped bits on cloak around "face"- haven't been able to upload pics as says file too large- how do you get over this? Advice would be appreciated as am not a techhie.

Thanks crazy collector :wave, good to know.

I don't own a heat gun, can I use a hair dryer instead? Also is there a chance that the heat could ruin the paint at all?

I have used a hair dryer may a time, Frostlord :wave
It works great :yess:...just take it easy and it will be fine. :wink1:

:duff
Bill

It is killing me that I had to cancel this one!! Didn't have the funds when it was released, so had to cancel. I am also pretty much tapped out on space! This whole collecting thing is about to become very difficult with that problem!

Back