Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your very fortunate, I requested a replacement on the 12th but was told there were no Wraith bodies left, I even asked for a possible 'returned' piece (I would be more then happy with the one your returning, as those flaws I can fix myself).

However I got a reply just now saying they had no returns like this, I could understand if they said it wasn't possible to go and handpick me one out personaly due to the large scale operation they are, but to be lied to when the evidence here shows otherwise, it doesn't feel great :(

I'd be interested to hear from others outside the US if you have had similar responses. Right now I feel I must have offended Sideshow in some way to be brushed off like this.

Yeah, unless Sideshow's stuck in a timestorm, something sounds very wrong with that. I sent my request on the 18th, and nowhere does it say they're out of bodies or can't manage an exchange in the response I received today.

Yeah, unless Sideshow's stuck in a timestorm, something sounds very wrong with that. I sent my request on the 18th, and nowhere does it say they're out of bodies or can't manage an exchange in the response I received today.

they didnt even bother to respond to my request for replacement, just sent me a return label to ship my ringwraith back.

I got this new cs ashley(?), daniel was much better and always took care of me. Anyway i dont have time to deal with them, will just return it for a full refund and keep the second one where the ringwraith is now perm attached to the base :slap

they didnt even bother to respond to my request for replacement, just sent me a return label to ship my ringwraith back.

I got this new cs ashley(?), daniel was much better and always took care of me. Anyway i dont have time to deal with them, will just return it for a full refund and keep the second one where the ringwraith is now perm attached to the base :slap

That really sucks. I got Ashley too, and did note in the back of my mind how I'd never dealt with her before. But I haven't had any problems yet, knock on wood.

Still waiting on my return label, so I guess I'll see how the rest of this plays out.

yup...still waiting on mine also. I got charged my last payment earlier this week. So mine should be getting ready to ship anytime now.

Still there. I'm pretty sad I already have a reg edition at the house. Oh well!

Hi all guys.

Just wanted to comment that Sideshow has been responsible for the failure of the sword hand misaligned and my country sent me a replacement for the error.

If all goes well I will receive before the 10th September. It seemed just comment here, because when I comment on a fault also I like to comment when I'm happy with that I have a problem solved.

So I can enjoy the Ringwraith maquette as it deserves.

I was so looking forward to this arriving especially as it had been fully paid with sideshow reward points alone. So disappointed as arrived damaged - right arm broken off and cloak chipped on right side head, so in worst place it could be. Even more disappointing was sideshow's response: offered me $45 to keep, told me what glue to use to fix; or refund but no replacement available!!! -- to really sock it to me they said I would not get refund of my reward points but only the shipping fees!!!

I cannot believe this response - i have sent this link to sideshow from their website which says in the refunds section that rewards points will be returned if sideshow cannot replace an item - still awaiting their reply:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=2232

To make it worse they have increased the edition size to 500 since last week so they must have had 200 statues to be able to do this; poor service - a sign of their deteriorating after sales service. I am now considering cancelling all my pre-orders.:gah:

That's a major bummer about it showing up broken. :(

The ES on the Ringwraith Ex has always been 500 pieces. It was the true form that had the ES of 300.

I was so looking forward to this arriving especially as it had been fully paid with sideshow reward points alone. So disappointed as arrived damaged - right arm broken off and cloak chipped on right side head, so in worst place it could be. Even more disappointing was sideshow's response: offered me $45 to keep, told me what glue to use to fix; or refund but no replacement available!!! -- to really sock it to me they said I would not get refund of my reward points but only the shipping fees!!!

I cannot believe this response - i have sent this link to sideshow from their website which says in the refunds section that rewards points will be returned if sideshow cannot replace an item - still awaiting their reply:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=2232

To make it worse they have increased the edition size to 500 since last week so they must have had 200 statues to be able to do this; poor service - a sign of their deteriorating after sales service. I am now considering cancelling all my pre-orders.:gah:

Sorry to hear he arrived broken, :monkey2

Do you think the joins will be very noticeable if you do glue it back together? :dunno

If they would not be, I would take the part refund and give it a go.

This piece is well worth having IMHO, :rock it would be a shame to miss out on it, if it would be an easy fix. :wink1:

Can you post some pics. :stick

By the way what glue did Sideshow tell you to use?

:duff
Bill

I get mine in a couple of days myself and am thinking about possible damage too......I do have an advantage that I can repair almost any damage that occurs like the Boromir statue had...and make it look like new no problem...still it is a nuisance....This statue is so worth it

I must be a lucky one as i did receive a damaged one initially on 17 Aug. i contacted Sideshow and managed to get a replacement of body within a week. the replacement is almost perfect except a mis-aligned issue on the right hand which require a little bit of strength to push the hand in, and still a small gap in between. well, i should not complained too much. this is a true masterpiece ever since orc berserker IMO.

I've received mine (an exclusive one) and it was perfect. Very good statue...very much better in person, as usual.
i'm very happy with it

Fingers crossed that mine comes in in as good a condition since I still have one more FlexPay payment to contribute to Sideshow's coffers. It appears that have nothing to replace problem pieces with at this point. :slap

Back