Statue Witch-King in True Form Statue.. Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to anyone that gets this...hope for the best...I am now looking at the little chips and rubbings caused from the pieces that were loose in the box...witch king head has some major rubs on cheek ...tiny small chips too

Drakul I would keep it and count your blessings....I wish I had yours

I have those issues on the cheek as well but like you said I'm scared of asking for a replacement and getting a broken mess.
I might ask for just the head.

BTW I had tape on my styrofoam but no QC sticker.

That is too bad some of you are getting such badly damaged pieces. Sideshow is hating it also. I personally just think the packaging was poorly designed. It almost looks like the huge hole cut out of the styrofoam was an afterthought. Almost like they designed the styrofoam all enclosed and realized after having it shipped from china that they were breaking and so they hacked out that big hole. I also found 3 or 4 little foam wedges that were kind of just stuffed in between the statue and foam. Those foam wedges could have easily fallen out and allowed the statue to wiggle all around. I'm guessing that is what happened to Adolfo's and freman. Also if the hole in the packaging was cut by hand then this could explain why some ship okay and others are broken. You would end up getting various sizes and shapes of the cut out holes.

In the end it's a nice statue but I believe sideshow really messed up on the packaging of this one. Which will likely cost them big. I dread trying to sell this someday and having it ship well. No way I will know where to put those foam wedges to keep the piece from moving.

That is too bad some of you are getting such badly damaged pieces. Sideshow is hating it also. I personally just think the packaging was poorly designed. It almost looks like the huge hole cut out of the styrofoam was an afterthought. Almost like they designed the styrofoam all enclosed and realized after having it shipped from china that they were breaking and so they hacked out that big hole. I also found 3 or 4 little foam wedges that were kind of just stuffed in between the statue and foam. Those foam wedges could have easily fallen out and allowed the statue to wiggle all around. I'm guessing that is what happened to Adolfo's and freman. Also if the hole in the packaging was cut by hand then this could explain why some ship okay and others are broken. You would end up getting various sizes and shapes of the cut out holes.

In the end it's a nice statue but I believe sideshow really messed up on the packaging of this one. Which will likely cost them big. I dread trying to sell this someday and having it ship well. No way I will know where to put those foam wedges to keep the piece from moving.

This piece is probably "un-sellable" because it will most definitely break during shipping. This is not an issue for me because I don't intend to sell mine. My only problem is I may get a broken one (during shipping) when Sideshow eventually ships my order. Hope it reaches me good and well. :pray:

On another note, the reason why many of us are not receiving our orders yet or even hear anything might be because Sideshow is having problems with their current stocks of this statue as in many pieces are probably broken even before they ship these out of the warehouse! :horror

Strange - the head on mine was in a plastic bag and taped in as were all the other pieces.

That's another thing that little plastic bag that was supposed to wrap the WK head only covered the top of his head when I cut the tape and lifted the box I saw the bag go up off his head...All I know if I ship this thing back It'll have 50 pieces broken instead of 19 unless I add extra packing material and of course enclose all the broken pieces in a seprarate bag etc....I am gonna ask for a replacement first...But I just got a bad feeling there wont be...even if I gotta a replacement slightly damaged with say 3 or four breaks it'll be much easier to repair than say mine or Fremens piece...

If they added say peanuts stuffing that big hole to prevent movement this would maybe not have happened...or if it did it would have been minor in comparision....But once the statue was able to move in the box even taped it was over

Last edited:
I have those issues on the cheek as well but like you said I'm scared of asking for a replacement and getting a broken mess.
I might ask for just the head.

BTW I had tape on my styrofoam but no QC sticker.

If I had yours I would just fix it myself...but that is just me...I wish I had your piece bro after looking at mine and Fremens

Last edited:
There is no question that QC is not what it used to be...I used to get on the phone so fast with them...now you gotta leave a message...I just bet they are setting records in regards to returns in the last couple of years...I could go on but I wont...I'm still remembering the recent Obi-Wan Fiasco and the way Sideshow handled that...So I fear what my answers will be from SS in regards to this one too...my gut tells me that I wont get a replacement or reemburement and that I might not get a TWWK exclusive unless I physically pick one up in person and pay more....I will not get a regular edition, no way

Last edited:
I expect everyone that gets a broken statue will be fine. Hopefully it's an isolated incident with just a few collectors making it easier to get said replacement.

I expect everyone that gets a broken statue will be fine. Hopefully it's an isolated incident with just a few collectors making it easier to get said replacement.

I hope so...But I got a feeling that it's not and the delay of shipping this for some maybe because of the discovered damages of this piece like Obsidians post said

I don't expect you two will be the only ones but over the entire run I'd venture to guess the delay helped keep more from happening.

The fact that it is double-boxed shows that they had to rethink the packaging after the fact. I'm sure there are plenty of extra to make good for everyone that gets a broken piece.

Seeing the state on how these statues arrive, with the broken pieces and all, I'm in no hurry to receive it from SS as long as when I finally do, it will be in perfect condition, i.e. without breaks. It's so heartbreaking when something you've waited to arrive for so long comes up in a bad condition. I do hope that SS is going to hold back sending these out until they've rectified the issue about packaging or notified the delivery companies to give extra care on these statues.

Seeing the state on how these statues arrive, with the broken pieces and all, I'm in no hurry to receive it from SS as long as when I finally do, it will be in perfect condition, i.e. without breaks. It's so heartbreaking when something you've waited to arrive for so long comes up in a bad condition. I do hope that SS is going to hold back sending these out until they've rectified the issue about packaging or notified the delivery companies to give extra care on these statues.

If any of these get dropped or thrown even once...then:thud::slap:gah::(:horror might very well happen

I liked this in person more than the proto pictures. Less overweight looking in person which was surprising. Mine had tip of sheath broken off and I think part of the problem was they tucked the plastic bag underneath it as if to hold the stupid bag down. I initially felt the cut out hole was stupid since none of the pieces in the back touched it and probably weakens the strength of the styrofoam insert. However, I realized later the cut out is good to remind you that the statues goes back in the styrofoam insert face down and not the usual position on its back. I would need the whole statue replaced for the broken sheath. I used to be able to count on replacements from sideshow, but these days, they offer these crappy $30 credits which doesn't help me with fixing the item. Of course, there's always an ex involved that it makes it a hard decision whether to keep it or return it. Waiting to hear and hoping it's not some crappy credit offer. Great statue however.

Sad most received there's so far broken into complete utter pieces. Really sad and sorry for them and hope you guys get a replacement and everything is fine. So far this piece looks awesome. Can see how fragile he is so I'm afraid to order him because of what could happen in shipping. Want to order but than its holding me back because of how fragile he is and could break during shipping. I see its also who you choose to ship your products. Honestly UPS is the way to go best shipping company. Hate Fed-EX just not great service even though cheap but just my opinion on that. I don't like to contact sideshow about replacements etc. So far they haven't got back to me on a missing hook for my 1/6 Boba Jetpack so gave up trying and hope my new SS The Dead Temple Verdict PF comes in with no problems. It's a pain if stuff like this happens for everyone because I feel like it takes forever for them to do something. Well for me in a sense. Anyways enough rambling on this may be my next purchase but hope nothing happens if I do.

Wow I haven't visited this thread since I got mine. I didn't expect to see so many people with broken statues. Now I'm extremely glad mine arrived in one piece

Thankfully for most of us but sadly for Adolfo and Fremen they're the exception not the rule with this statue. At least with those of us who have received this statue so far.

My sincere congratulations Josh for that piece, first because it has arrived intact and second for the photos.

I've been trying all week to contact Sideshow email to see how this the subject of my order with this piece, I am still waiting for a response from them, I must say it is the first time something similar happened to me before answered very fast, which makes me worry a bit more with this order.

Back