Statue Witch-King in True Form Statue.. Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Not that the SSC one is bad, I love it and it looks great but to me the SSW looks so much more accurate.

Yup. I owned both and just prefer how the SS one came out. I think it's more detailed and representative of that moment.

aaaaand this is why the SSW Wiki still knocks the socks off any pretender -

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40548&page=6

Makes the SS one look like a toy in comparison. imo ;)

how does the weta one make ss one look like a toy? please enlighten. I know you are just trolling and i shouldn't take the bait, but even being a troll requires a tiny bit of intelligence so the drivel makes some sense, yours dont.

ss version has better paint app, way better sculpt details, way better head sculpt, and i like the dynamic pose much more although that is personal preference.

I prefer the SSW Witch-King. It's at the top of my wishlist but I'd never pay any more than $300 for it so sadly, will likely never own it. It's perfectly balanced and captures the same feeling I felt during the film. The SS version looks a lot less floaty/ghostly and more like tree bark.

I've seen neither in the flesh though and I know that can dramatically change opinions.

how does the weta one make ss one look like a toy? please enlighten. I know you are just trolling and i shouldn't take the bait, but even being a troll requires a tiny bit of intelligence so the drivel makes some sense, yours dont.

So says the troll that replies with this sort of sarcastic, personally insulting comment. Can you show me where i have likewise insulted you? If not i think an apology is in order, to just call me unintelligent and a troll and suggest i'm talking drivel is unacceptable and unprovoked and to be honest is extremely rude and i take offence. I'm surprised a mod would let this kind of comment pass without comment on these boards.

I compared it to the photos in this very thread, it's not hard to understand. I said 'in comparison' so surely it should have registered with you that i simply compared photographs. Plus i have the SSW piece on my shelves.

Both of you play nice. Does that make everyone feel better? :lol

Obviously some are going to prefer the SSW one and some the SS one. Problem solved :)

Frodoeyes will ALWAYS BE BIASED towards anything weta, that's a given. No point arguing with him. Just saying... nothing insulting with that statement I hope, it's just something I've observed for years of seeing his posts.

Frodoeyes will ALWAYS BE BIASED towards anything weta, that's a given. No point arguing with him. Just saying... nothing insulting with that statement I hope, it's just something I've observed for years of seeing his posts.

And some here will be biased to Sideshow .

True. It's just that when one starts calling the other "looking like a toy" or "pretender" or anything else to that effect, it gets irritating because respect is lost. To each his own. For sure if I express my opinion that the LOTR human characters that weta has done look like crap unlike SS's maquettes, he will come to the rescue of his brand again and the debate starts over. Respect is the key here, after all, we all wouldn't be shelling off hundreds of moolah for a toy looking statue.

......... which is why i said 'in my opinion' it makes the Sideshow statue look like a toy. The company is called Sideshowtoy after all ;)

I agree with you that some of the older SSW pieces likenesses can be improved, so there's no debate to start there, which is why i got the Strider maquette. From Sideshow. And the Legolas maquette. From Sideshow. I collected most of the dioramas. From Sideshow. To use the whole Weta vs Sideshow thing against me is just lazy.

Seems like a waste of time worrying if someone is or isn't a fan of a company. :dunno My collection is made up of great items from several companies. If others agree that's awesome and if not that's great as well. I don't buy for them so it all works out ok.

Seems like a waste of time worrying if someone is or isn't a fan of a company. :dunno My collection is made up of great items from several companies. If others agree that's awesome and if not that's great as well. I don't buy for them so it all works out ok.

:goodpost:

I also have Gentle Giant items in my collection, but i hope i'm not biased towards them :lol

So says the troll that replies with this sort of sarcastic, personally insulting comment. Can you show me where i have likewise insulted you? If not i think an apology is in order, to just call me unintelligent and a troll and suggest i'm talking drivel is unacceptable and unprovoked and to be honest is extremely rude and i take offence. I'm surprised a mod would let this kind of comment pass without comment on these boards.

I compared it to the photos in this very thread, it's not hard to understand. I said 'in comparison' so surely it should have registered with you that i simply compared photographs. Plus i have the SSW piece on my shelves.

cry some more :rotfl for someone who likes to troll every ss lotr thread with baseless insults, sure cant take any himself.

yes but not me. my comments might be direct but i am always fair, no bias towards brand, artist, or peer pressure - only the quality of each individual statue by itself

Alright enough. I deal with arguing children all day I'd prefer not to deal with similar things at night.

I don't get the concept of a tortured soul of a man...who is fat. I prefer the drawn out look of the SSW one.

Back