WISH LIST - Hot Toys - DX - Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a 1/6 Hot Toys Mr. Freeze?

• YES, DO WANT

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Hell no . . .

Votes: 96 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 89 film broke tremendous ground - you don't seem to appreciate that.. enough. :dunno

That's because him and his generation don't have the context to appreciate that. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way - just an observation.

Anyone who was born after say 1980-82 would be unlikely to have been able to appreciate how much ground '89 Batman actually broke

So yeah, credit to Batman 89 for breaking new ground but for me it has not aged that well. I like it the best out of the pre Nolan Batman films though

That's because him and his generation don't have the context to appreciate that. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way - just an observation.

Anyone who was born after say 1980-82 would be unlikely to have been able to appreciate how much ground '89 Batman actually broke

So yeah, credit to Batman 89 for breaking new ground but for me it has not aged that well. I like it the best out of the pre Nolan Batman films though

See,I dunno, I was born in 84 and 89 is one of my favorite Batman movies. I almost see it as a whacked out stand alone Batman story. I am with you guys on Batman Begins though which I have equal love for if not a bit more. As far as how 89 has aged? I think its aged just fine with the exception of course of Prince. :lol

As I said before, I see few, if any influences of the Schwarzenegger Freeze. I'll give you the mesh undersuit, but the physique/profile are clearly influenced by TAS. The similarities in glow and upper body are pretty much nonexistant. The glow would be more aptly described as being influenced by "The Batman's" Freeze, as he featured that faint, blue glow vs. Arnold's walking strobe light. As for the upper body, again, I see nothing resembling Arnold's suit. Even when I get past the chromed out, glow-stick elements of Arnold's suit, I see no resemblences whatsoever, even in the mesh undersuit, they aren't even close, Arnold's is an aluminum foil accordion looking deal, while AC's is a form fitting, dare I say spandex material. BTW Thanks for the better pics, it really helped me to accurately determine how much the suits both don't have in common. :hi5:

Agree with this 110%. The only similarity I see is that both versions of Freeze are wearing armor. The AC does draw influence from TAS as well as many different comic book artists' interpretations. The Arnold version seems to aspire to be a "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" villain.

I think you mean "they" start to believe it. Again with that generalizing ;)

It's funny that you think I want it really badly. It's just reality. I'm not in denial, I don't generalize like you, and I'm not ignorant to people who can appreciate concepts even if they come from bad places.

Laugh all you want, it won't change how it is.

It's not an even split. I won't deny a generalization about the numbers, but it's one based on descriptive statistics...that's pretty much their purpose. You're generalizing, too, but you seem to be basing it on some kind of hope...or denial. And you, are at least ignorant to the fact that ninety different people have not come into this thread to defend this thing. Also the fact that you told me to make a new poll after I suggested you do it to show your "even split" is very laughable, especially when those of us in the majority here (and it's a big one) don't have anything to prove. And yeah, I probably will keep laughing, even if it doesn't change you delusion about the numbers here. I really don't like to throw the word "delusional" around, but there's so much evidence to the contrary you either really are, you're hoping way too hard, or you're just trying to stir up ____.
As far as appreciating the concept, well, I just can't do that. Arnie looked like some bad mid-nineties reimagining of the tin man from the Wizard of Oz...without that suit, a huge bald guy with silver make up (supposedly it "popped" under Schumacher's odd lighting choices) on his skin, no neon in the mouth (actually a plus), and goofy outfits, although again, I do like those slippers, just not on anyone that should be a villain. And as much as Batman and Robin sucked more than almost any other film ever made, I honestly couldn't give a ____ what movie that look for Arnold comes from (who's generalizing, again?)...I THINK IT LOOKS SILLY, AND SO DO A LOT OF PEOPLE (most here, and definitely not smaller number of people, like you tried to claim a few pages ago).
If you really do believe there's an even number or even a majority of people here who want this thing, despite the numbers in the poll and the fact that a number of people not even close to making up the difference have come in here to say they want the thing while the poll was open and after it closed, then I'm sure my arguments here won't get through to you. That's fine. I'm done. Enjoy yourself. And I really do hope Medicom makes this for you. :wink1:

As I said before, I see few, if any influences of the Schwarzenegger Freeze. I'll give you the mesh undersuit, but the physique/profile are clearly influenced by TAS. The similarities in glow and upper body are pretty much nonexistant. The glow would be more aptly described as being influenced by "The Batman's" Freeze, as he featured that faint, blue glow vs. Arnold's walking strobe light. As for the upper body, again, I see nothing resembling Arnold's suit. Even when I get past the chromed out, glow-stick elements of Arnold's suit, I see no resemblences whatsoever, even in the mesh undersuit, they aren't even close, Arnold's is an aluminum foil accordion looking deal, while AC's is a form fitting, dare I say spandex material. BTW Thanks for the better pics, it really helped me to accurately determine how much the suits both don't have in common. :hi5:

Okay, if you can't see that the bulky metal aspects, the mesh, and glowing parts and the tubes are similar, then I can't help you. To compare to The Batman, however, which had an icicle head and a latex looking bodysuit.....just wow.

I'm really glad you specified that you didn't mean it in a derogatory way, because I probably would have taken in that way...

That's probably true about my generation not having the context (although I'm not sure that's the right word...) to appreciate it. While the film was not tremendously groundbreaking like VintijDroidGutzz said, it certainly was a big leap for Batman on the big screen. It made Batman dark again. For that, I have some respect for the film.

It's not an even split. I won't deny a generalization about the numbers, but it's one based on descriptive statistics...that's pretty much their purpose. You're generalizing, too, but you seem to be basing it on some kind of hope...or denial. And you, are at least ignorant to the fact that ninety different people have not come into this thread to defend this thing. Also the fact that you told me to make a new poll after I suggested you do it to show your "even split" is very laughable, especially when those of us in the majority here (and it's a big one) don't have anything to prove. And yeah, I probably will keep laughing, even if it doesn't change you delusion about the numbers here. I really don't like to throw the word "delusional" around, but there's so much evidence to the contrary you either really are, you're hoping way too hard, or you're just trying to stir up ____.
As far as appreciating the concept, well, I just can't do that. Arnie looked like some bad mid-nineties reimagining of the tin man from the Wizard of Oz...without that suit, a huge bald guy with silver make up (supposedly it "popped" under Schumacher's odd lighting choices) on his skin, no neon in the mouth (actually a plus), and goofy outfits, although again, I do like those slippers, just not on anyone that should be a villain. And as much as Batman and Robin sucked more than almost any other film ever made, I honestly couldn't give a ____ what movie that look for Arnold comes from (who's generalizing, again?)...I THINK IT LOOKS SILLY, AND SO DO A LOT OF PEOPLE (most here, and definitely not smaller number of people, like you tried to claim a few pages ago).
If you really do believe there's an even number or even a majority of people here who want this thing, despite the numbers in the poll and the fact that a number of people not even close to making up the difference have come in here to say they want the thing while the poll was open and after it closed, then I'm sure my arguments here won't get through to you. That's fine. I'm done. Enjoy yourself. And I really do hope Medicom makes this for you. :wink1:

Okay, Stewie, I'm just going to let you have it your way. If you don't to accept that it's around an even split of people who like this, that's fine, but you're wrong. I know that because I've heard it from people off of these boards. So no, there's no hope or denial here. You keep complaining about the glowing fluid on the costume. There's nothing wrong with it, it totally fits with the style of the character. It isn't out of place. Arkham City had it on their Freeze too, just dulled. I was watching some clips on youtube a couple days ago though, and I agree with you on the mouth light though. It was kind of weird and didn't make any sense. :dunno At least it wasn't in every scene.

I also wish the costume had a full dome too, but even with a half one, it's still a cool concept and a great looking suit and character. It's not really laughable at all that I told you to make the poll. Really, it would get closed, I'm telling you, and would start a commotion. Seriously, why not just do it if you want to prove your point though?

And as for the slippers, I love them too. I could actually imagine them on a serious interpretation of Freeze, too, just for a light comedy element. But the dancing to music was ridiculous. And honestly, Batman & Robin isn't the worst film ever made. Yes, it sucks. It sucks bad. But there is worse...

While the film was not tremendously groundbreaking like VintijDroidGutzz said, it certainly was a big leap for Batman on the big screen. It made Batman dark again. For that, I have some respect for the film.
Well, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.. no harm done. :peace

I was referring to the lights they had that fainter, paler blue hue vs. Arnold's gaudy neon blue lights. Also, no, I can't see how they're similar.
1.The only illuminated part of AC Freeze's suit is the tubing, even then, I'd hardly identify making a chemical glow as being influenced by the walking nightlight that was Arnold.
2.The tubes: what tubes? I see no tubes whatsoever on Arnold's suit, other than what you said about them being on his back.
3.the mesh/metal-see previous post
...and I see clearer influences from The Batman (Bat-turbines, glow,etc.) than I do from B&R. Also, how is it that someone prefers Arnold's 'roided up Freeze to AC's lanky Freeze. Last time I checked, Scientists, especially those with such an emotional connection to what they're doing as Freeze, prefer the company of lab equipment to gym equipment. I just can't see a guy who spends every waking moment of his life trying to find a cure for his wife's disease being a guy with a physique that takes 2-3 hours a day at the gym to keep.

The movie was terrible. I want to forget this movie was ever made. I hope they never make a single figure from this horrible movie . It would only bring back bad memories. I remember when I came out of this movie I was so mad because I thought this killed the Batman franchise. Thank-you Chris Nolan for erasing our memory from that awful movie.

This is a 1997 version of the 1966 series when it went really camp- the first season (of the tv series)was the best because it had some level of seriousness the rest of the series threw out!
The film...wow....great eyecandy but just well....

wow at first glance I thought ht was actually making this POS lol. I would never, ever buy a figure of this cheesy character. However I would love a figur of an animated or arkham freeze. perhaps SS will provide one.

:cuckoo: at the guy arguing for it. i can see wanting one i guess but to group in and downplay the original Burton Batman movie? :lol weird. theres a reason why ht is making figs from the Nolan and Burton films and not that other guy don't have to be born before teh Burton movie to understand or appreciate that. I was born in 1990 and i love the first two movies as much as the current greatness. everything went to crap after burton left, thankfully when nolan came baack it left the bad taste of those last two stinkers out of everyyones mouth. shoemaker's batman wasn't anywhere near the success or staple like Burton and Nolans.

if 1/6 companies want to make figures from cheesy camp then they should go for the 60s show IMO. I would buy those. 60s show, Burton and Nolan FTW. please stick to Predator and Terminator for Arnold hot toys

oh, look what I found. :lol :lol :lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/160709081996?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/160709081996?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

lol if you put this head on it would look better!
picture.php

One of the real strengths of the Batman mythology is its ability to be portrayed in different manners, with different interpretations. This allows it to transform and evolve with the times and the audience, so that it remains both relevant and loved by the entirety of its contemporary, continuously changing audience.

Batman and many of his foes are more than half a century old. Most characters pass into obscurity after such a length of time - can you name most of the pulp heroes (and their enemies) from the 40s? I would doubt it. But because Batman, Joker, Catwoman, and other foes can be re-interpreted and re-characterized over and over again, they remain well-known and well-loved by modern-day audiences.

For instance - the Joker started as a creepy serial killer and robber. Then, for several decades, he was a (relatively) harmless clown and prankster. The 70s and 80s merged the two, into the laughing, but quite deadly, Joker that Nicholson's Joker was born from. In the decade or two since then, the Joker has evolved yet again - representing a deeper form of anarchy in some interpretations, and in others he represents a truer, more devilish form of evil, as the Devil Incarnate.

No interpretation is any more, or less, valid. They're all equally important, and each has merits that keep them interesting.

Yes, he was. He was a plump, middle-aged Joker.

So? There's nothing that requires the Joker to have a certain body type or age. It's the personality and characterization that counts, and it matches the Joker of his era perfectly.

On top of that, he essentially just played himself with make-up on and laughed a lot.

He was well-suited to the role (which I believe was written specifically for him), and that is not unheard of. But he was not playing himself.

Jack Nicholson isn't a super-narcissistic, homicidal maniac. He's an incredibly talented artist, who has deep respect for art in all its forms (he's said that the Art Museum vandalization was the hardest scene for him to do, personally). I think you would find that Jack Nicholson is quite unlike the Joker if you actually knew him.

And in many incarnations, the Joker does laugh quite a lot - at least once a page!

Bruce Wayne was actually his biggest flaw in his performance, ... He did not deliver well in that area at all. He did not give us the image of a billionaire playboy and a suave man. He gave us the image of a weirdo

He performed perfectly, and delivered the role as it was written. It wasn't written as a suave billionaire playboy - it was written as reclusive, eccentric, socially isolated man who has still not gotten over the death of his parents as a kid.

That's what cool about Keaton's version of Bruce Wayne. It shows just how damaged Wayne/Batman really is. He's not a normal person, even when he's not wearing the Batsuit. How could he be? How could a normal, suave person be the same guy who wants to put on a Batsuit and fight criminals at night?

You might not like that interpretation personally, but it's no less valid. Consider - there is NO definitive characterization of Bruce Wayne.

In many of the monumental comics (like "Year One") and the Nolan films, Wayne portrays himself as an irresponsible, selfish, care-free playboy - wandering the town in his fancy cars, dating a different supermodel each week, and partying hard. That's how the people of Gotham see him.

But in other media, like "The Animated Series," Wayne is a well-respected member of society. By the rest of the world, he's seen as an incredibly capable and intelligent businessman, and a strong, charitable humanitarian. There really isn't the "playboy" aspect at all (except for the hint that he can't commit romantically, but even that isn't consistent). Yet, this interpretation is seen as no less valid than the above, party-all-night version of Wayne. In fact, many swear that "The Animated Series" is the most "faithful" version of the Batman mythology entirely!

While the film was not tremendously groundbreaking like VintijDroidGutzz said,

To be blunt, you're simply ignorant on this point, because you're quite wrong.

"Batman," the 1989 film, was a game-changer in Hollywood and how America experiences movies. It also had a strong impact on the kinds of movies that are made and how they are created and imagined.

Do you know how hugely-anticipated movies are marketed and "hyped" today? The modern-day method and practice of "hyping" movies originated with the marketing of Batman.

<All snipped by me>....

Double post and identical dupicated link in the second post...?

I have to say that I agree with haytill, there is no real single and definitive portrayal for Bruce W. Even the old Columbia B/W serials had him as the 'sleepy, gets up a midday' type lounge-around.

If anything, I'd say that all interpretations are correct so far as they all contain something that we all recognise as a big part of what Bruce actually is.

This factor is one of the reasons why I prefer BATMAN to SUPERMAN, I feel that the character is a few shades more complex physcologically.

He's basically a child that mentally never got passed the point where his parents were murdered, in terms of emotional development. That's why he has all this money and all he can spend it on (so to speak) is some fantastic toys and to dress up and go out to scare some bad guys. That's child like reasoning right there.

Anyway, back to who wants one.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!! :yess:

Back