Wireless gaming headsets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
What are some of the best? I'm looking for a good pair of wireless 5.1/7.1 headsets. Any recommendations?

About a month ago I bought the X41's from Turtle Beach. They work very well and have a built in mic. Not bad for the money.

Only complaint is every once in a while you'll get a quick popping sound in your ear which supposedly is from interference from wireless routers operating on the 2.4 ghz band which is also what the headphones use.

About a month ago I bought the X41's from Turtle Beach. They work very well and have a built in mic. Not bad for the money.

Only complaint is every once in a while you'll get a quick popping sound in your ear which supposedly is from interference from wireless routers operating on the 2.4 ghz band which is also what the headphones use.

Hmmm.... thats the one I was looking at. Thanks! :duff

I use these also since I'm in a flat and the neighbors would be moaning if I had the tv blasting at night.
Can't recommend them enough.

same here, Turtle Beach X41's, sound great, only prob is no warning when the batts. run out of juice, keep your spares within reach

Yeah I have the X31's and they eat up batteries like crazy. I suggest getting rechargeable ones if you go the wireless route.

I have a rechargeable battery pack charging two batteries whilst I use the others. The batteries for mine tend to run out every 6-8 hours or so I'd say.
Once they do I just switch out the batteries which takes seconds.

I gave up on Turtle Beach. Every pair I've ever had either died prematurely or gave me wicked echo in chat.

Check out the Astro A40 or A30. I have the A30 with the wireless MixAmp and they kick heiney. Works with both 360 and PS3 and gives you 7.1.

I found a Turtle Beach X4 a year ago on eBay. It was discontinued to make room for the X-41 but was half the price and featured 5.1 sound. It was great at first but after prolonged use the tops of my ears would get sore. It is great though for big sound in minimal space.

I was about to pick up the Tritton Gears 7.1 set since it looks like I can get it for $130. But it's wired and I haven't done it yet.

I have the PX21's and they aren't bad. I did have a pair go out on me. I am sure though that it's from when I threw them across the couch 5+ times.

Back