WIP - Boromir in Gondor Armour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
Quick WIP - Sideshow Boromir transferred onto a truetype with Marx armour. Plan to do spray the armour silver and tighten the fit now I can see it all works. Also got replacement boots coming (currently using the sideshow ones trimmed off but they don't fit under the greaves properly), as well as a surcoat that will need to be dyed. Also need to get a proper cape.

6896598221_efcb08db7a_b.jpg

Unfortunatey the breastplate is inaccurate but I'll try get the Gondor tree symbol on it somehow.......

Anyone seen anything that would work better ? Also plan to do a Farmir as the outfit is pretty much identical.

very very cool. good luck with the breast plate, IF you are stuck for ideas you could cut the shape of the tree out of very thin styrene and glue it on, prime the whole thing then paint it up.

Marx armor, eh? Might have to look into that, especially for the breastplate. Dragon made some armored figures for that Timeline movie about 7 years ago. A lot of the pieces are pretty usable for LotR.

Boromir's looking nice. I'll look forward to your progress!

looks awesome so far man. good to see some more 1/6 LOTR love going on. I'm re-working my Aragorn for the 3rd time so hopefully the sculpt will come out how I want it to this time (i.e. looking like Viggo :lol)

Marx armor, eh? Might have to look into that, especially for the breastplate. Dragon made some armored figures for that Timeline movie about 7 years ago. A lot of the pieces are pretty usable for LotR.

Boromir's looking nice. I'll look forward to your progress!

I've actually got them. Not a hell of alot useful really. The Marx is way better.

BTW Boromir's red tabard actually serves well as the surcoat. It doesn't take dye so I used a black niko pen to change the colour so progressing well. Just need a cloak, Gondor decal and the boots to arrive.

That looks really good. You should get a flag of gondor and have him hold it!
I'm still surprised by the lack of 1/6 customs of LOTR. Hopefully with the hobbit, we'll see a renewed interest.

Awesome!!! He's coming along great!! I too, planned on this- got a loose Boromir, Marx armor, etc. 'cept he's been sitting around, Project #342 I think...:slap

Really looking forward to what you come up with! Especially the One Tree. I thought about printing one out, laying it over thin styrene, cutting it out -:gah: and gluing it to the armor.

Also, on the armor, I heard that it's got some kind of coating on it, that will prevent paint sticking. Give it a really good soap and hot water scrubbing first. I thought that would be all it needed, then use the Krylon Fusion paint for a base coat. Dunno...

Again, really looking forward to your progress!:hi5:

ok - no pic but I have done some more work. First - the thor feet work great with the greaves.

Second, I received a metal breastplate from cotswold today that looks more screen accurate. I'll be getting an Evilface tree of gondor label and then spraying it silver to match the rest of the armor.

Third - I'm going to upgrade with a lot of pieces from the Arts Figure aragorn. Need to go back to the movies to check how accurate those parts are to the gondor armor worn by Boromir and Faramir, but thinking the should armor may be closer than what I have (and is pictured above).

Any suggestions for finding other armor pieces that are more screen accurate is are welcome :)

Back