Windows 10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish it was possible to convert from 10 to 7 if you never had 7 :)

What do you have now? Not much difference between Vista and 7. I don't think anyone liked 8. If I get a new desktop (which of course will have 10) I'll convert back to 7 on my laptop since it's still in there.

New desktop has 10 - but wish it was 7.
Son converted 1 laptop from 7 to 10 without telling me (not sure it can go back now as it's been a few months).
2 other laptops were converted from 8 to 10 - and will stay that way (8 was awful).
Another laptop is Vista, which we all hate - and wish we COULD convert that :lol

As I said before, the biggest annoyance is Office 2016 which is awful compared to Office 2010.

What do you have now? Not much difference between Vista and 7. I don't think anyone liked 8. If I get a new desktop (which of course will have 10) I'll convert back to 7 on my laptop since it's still in there.

You can go back to what you had. Were you on 8? Believe that's awful.

Back on 7 now :D

New desktop has 10 - but wish it was 7.
Son converted 1 laptop from 7 to 10 without telling me (not sure it can go back now as it's been a few months).
2 other laptops were converted from 8 to 10 - and will stay that way (8 was awful).
Another laptop is Vista, which we all hate - and wish we COULD convert that :lol

As I said before, the biggest annoyance is Office 2016 which is awful compared to Office 2010.

Updated Win 8(8.1) is good. Not a lot of difference but slightly better than Win 7. Just disable that metro crap. Heck, Win 10 got a hybrid metro crap.

I was going to start a new thread but I thought I'd try this here.

Windows 10 did a big update recently and now I can't get into my Control Panel. When I click on it, it opens, then in a couple of seconds closes. Any techies out there that know what to do?

Click start or click that window thing on far left of task bar.
Click "Settings", above the Power.
Search for Control Panel.

Or

You should create a shortcut by
Right clicking the desktop
Select New
Select shortcut
Type in "Control Panel"
This will create a shortcut that last awhile.

Click start or click that window thing on far left of task bar.
Click "Settings", above the Power.
Search for Control Panel.

Or

You should create a shortcut by
Right clicking the desktop
Select New
Select shortcut
Type in "Control Panel"
This will create a shortcut that last awhile.

I have no trouble finding it, it's using it. I click on it and it opens then in a few seconds closes again.

Second desktop with conversion to Window 10 crashed with friendlier blue screen of death, over and over n over again. Can't play game much. Even seeing desktop with nothing running won't last long until a crash. Never had a window operating system with so much crash. This is after they do updates after updates. What a load of ****. This main computer is stable. The second desktop is weaker in memory and processor but still more powerful than some server; yet it still crash.

If this keep up, Mr. Green would have to reformat and buy/download a new/clean window 10. Maybe it's their plan.

Second desktop with conversion to Window 10 crashed with friendlier blue screen of death, over and over n over again. Can't play game much. Even seeing desktop with nothing running won't last long until a crash. Never had a window operating system with so much crash. This is after they do updates after updates. What a load of ****. This main computer is stable. The second desktop is weaker in memory and processor but still more powerful than some server; yet it still crash.

If this keep up, Mr. Green would have to reformat and buy/download a new/clean window 10. Maybe it's their plan.
I believe that you can do a new clean install without buying it. If I remember right if the main hardware is the same it will find the license.

Very possible it not the software. You may have a hardware issue. When is the last time you cleaned out your computer? Dust?

Do you monitor your temps?

Have you checked your memory? Quite a few BSOD are memory module related.

Clean it...
Monitor temps...
Memtest it......

Then do a clean install for windows 10 if the above does not help.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back