Windows 10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical Microsoft crap. Use edge to copy favorite from Chrome and guess what? It copy folder but no files in it. What's the point of even having that feature? At least Mr. Green didn't upgrade to Win10 by choice.

I wish they had something simplistic for people like me that doesn't use the computer for every little thing. All this stuff they keep adding just makes the whole thing just one big pain in the ass.

Bring back a Windows 98 style operating system and I'd be happy as a clam.

I wish they had something simplistic for people like me that doesn't use the computer for every little thing. All this stuff they keep adding just makes the whole thing just one big pain in the ass.

Bring back a Windows 98 style operating system and I'd be happy as a clam.

there is a program that lets you run your computer as 98

Check out the print dialog box. It's like all black but the text and the lines to differentiate them as a button and such. Edge is like all white and sterile but the print dialogue box is the opposite. What's wrong with you Microsoft?

I just came back from Disney, who has my genetic record on file via a fingerprint they take at the front gate. Google doesn't really worry me so much.

Watch, they'll come up with something like Crystal Windows or Unlimited Windows or some nice name, to get our money. And of course its purpose is to replace this futuristic Window 10 that's free.

OSX and consequential updates are free. as it is their version of "office" (pages). Windows should get with the times and stop charging for those.

They got you too, huh? Mr. Green still got win7 on his laptop. He promptly disable all updates from them, before connecting to the internet, muahahahhaha!!

Chrome is more enjoyable than ever. They allow way more tab when watching youtube while IE have a limit of 10.

Didn’t want it, been getting prompts for ages and ignoring them, but my computer updated itself and went from 7 to 10 :(

Had XP for on my desktop YEARS and was perfectly happy with it. Generally use W7 at most clients. Got a new desktop a couple of months back and had no choice but W10. It's OK, but prefer XP and W7.

The REAL b itch was having to get Office 2016 which is TRULY a step backwards from Office 2010 (which is AWESOME).

Had XP for on my desktop YEARS and was perfectly happy with it. Generally use W7 at most clients. Got a new desktop a couple of months back and had no choice but W10. It's OK, but prefer XP and W7.

The REAL b itch was having to get Office 2016 which is TRULY a step backwards from Office 2010 (which is AWESOME).

I was perfectly happy with Windows 7, but I guess you can't fight it other than going to Apple.

:lecture

This. This exactly. XP was simple. It just worked. W7 was a newer version with seemingly the same philosophy. Just WORKING.
W10 isn't bad. I like some things that it does. I like the way the pins on the Start Menu work. I hate the fact that they dumb down the Settings options and make you search for Control Panel, even though it's still there. It's like they put a Sesame Street skin on top of W7 in a lot of ways. Probably easy enough for the end user, but for an IT guy, it's a few more steps to the same end result.

And yeah - Office 2016 is awful. And for me, it's not really the functionality of it so much as the design. It's so blindingly white it hurts your eyes after a while. And yeah, you can change it to dark grey, but that's a significant adjustment for a lot of people. Why couldn't they have kept the coloring the same? Oh, and WHY would they make a default setting that if you open a file on a network drive, it opens in Protected Mode? That's just idiotic. It's on the LOCAL NETWORK.

A resounding :dunno from me.

Oh - and it's just wrong to force people to update. If they don't want to, they shouldn't have to. Even if you end-of-life Win 7 and don't do anymore updates, let people know the risks and decide for themselves.

You can always go back if you want, but I'm not sure if they'd just keep updating it back or not.

You can go back and then delete the windows 10 update thing on your computer.

the windows 10 update expires on July, after that no one will be forced, you will have to pay if you want it.

hopefully the computer kept a copy of win 7, theres a lot of steps but technically the win 7 is still there inside

Back