Windows 10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Desktop wallpaper extinct with Win 10? I don't like the mobile interface of windows 8, I'm quite happy with 7 on my desktop, and I'm happy to report I don't own a mobile device (not even a cell phone) and the way people seem addicted to them I hope never to own one.

No I tried it yesterday and desktop Is there

I love this upgrade so far. I was really hesitant to transition from Windows 7, but the performance improvements were well worth it.

I just have to figure out what's eating all the space in my SSD now.

I love this upgrade so far. I was really hesitant to transition from Windows 7, but the performance improvements were well worth it.

I just have to figure out what's eating all the space in my SSD now.

Download and run Treesize, free version. You'll see exactly what's sucking up your storage space.

Download and run Treesize, free version. You'll see exactly what's sucking up your storage space.

Thanks! It worked like a charm. It was the old version of Windows that taking up an extra 20 GB. I decided to delete it... Windows 10 works well enough, I doubt I'll ever find the need to roll back to Windows 7.

Thanks! It worked like a charm. It was the old version of Windows that taking up an extra 20 GB. I decided to delete it... Windows 10 works well enough, I doubt I'll ever find the need to roll back to Windows 7.

dont forget to make a recovery disk with win 10 in case it crashes or something

Eh... I'm sure it has system restore is running in the background, with some recovery points. In case worse comes to worst, I already have all of my movies, applications, games, and music stored on a separate HDD and SSHD.

sometimes the computer gets so fed up you have to do a clean install because recovery wont work the cd has helped me twice before.

Using windows 10 now, and overall, its very well done. I can find all the things I used from Windows 7 so far, so I dig the easy to use interface. Hardest part was getting it to read my proper resolution at first

Something weird is happening to my win 7.
I did have a reservation to win 10 but just cancelled it before the upgrade.

Couple of days later (today) the computer takes forever to shut down and is freezing and stuff.
When I did a google search on my problems the most frequent answers to others were that it had to do with a failed update....

Maybe it I just a really big coincidence but wtf.

Last edited:
Windows 10 is spying on us! :lol There are serious security concerns, including the following that was in that long ass TOS that no one bothered to read:

Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone; 3.operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or 4.protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.

But, you can opt out of everything, and even change your Microsoft ID so it doesn't sync your personal data:

Windows 10 is spying on almost everything you do ? here?s how to opt out | BGR

Windows 10 is spying on us! :lol There are serious security concerns, including the following that was in that long ass TOS that no one bothered to read:

But, you can opt out of everything, and even change your Microsoft ID so it doesn't sync your personal data:

Windows 10 is spying on almost everything you do ? here?s how to opt out | BGR

I'm just not sure yet because the new windows will have a record of everything you type and Cortana will have access to all your files and your emails and Cortana will record what you say and keep a record about it
As well as record what you download

Windows already did that before but now Cortana will be in charge of all of that
Cortana will have too much access, and will share that with Microsoft for better advertising to you so information will be shared with advertisers
For a better experience or something

giphy.gif

Well, to be fair, security risks were known for some time from those who were beta testing. But, this has really gone leaps and bounds beyond what many were expecting. You can still opt out of advertising, disable Cortana completely, and use a local access login instead of your Microsoft account.

I think it's very much worth the upgrade from Windows 7, just for the performance improvements. You'll just have to disable a lot of settings in the Privacy tab, and if possible register a Microsoft account with a secondary email that doesn't link any of your info.

Not a surprise. Microsoft can't resist taking advantage of us. And the government is front and center. People are in denial if they think the NSA aren't watching us.

I didn't want to say too much but this was being talked about for a while before lol.

some people were saying cortana would turn back on by itself after some time (or something like that) You can disable some stuff but there are a a couple of things that won't be turned off.

I didn't know the steps to turn that other stuff off, that's a great link you posted. That I didn't read yet before. But what I did see around was that Windows will know what you are downloading and will keep that record or something.
I think if you are online there is no way to have real privacy, specially while using Chrome. Chrome is even worse :lol

I didn't want to say too much but this was being talked about for a while before lol.

some people were saying cortana would turn back on by itself after some time (or something like that) You can disable some stuff but there are a a couple of things that won't be turned off.

I didn't know the steps to turn that other stuff off, that's a great link you posted. That I didn't read yet before. But what I did see around was that Windows will know what you are downloading and will keep that record or something.
I think if you are online there is no way to have real privacy, specially while using Chrome. Chrome is even worse :lol

Seriously, all of this bull**** makes me want to give up computers and cell phones and go back to pen and paper from the 90s :slap.

I removed my Microsoft account. I read that Cortana can't work without it. But, that's pretty scary if it it automatically comes back on, though. If that happens, I'm going to Linux.

Not a surprise. Microsoft can't resist taking advantage of us. And the government is front and center. People are in denial if they think the NSA aren't watching us.

The Government knows you bought a Hawkeye doll. And are laughing.

The Government knows you bought a Hawkeye doll. And are laughing.

Haha, wrong, the government knows Mr. Green just bought a Dr. Doom PF. And are laughing that it got fabric cape that one can play as a doll. And since Mr. Green doesn't play with it, its not a doll!!1

Back