1/6 Will they make Avengers: Infinity War Winter Soldier/Bucky

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to get a WS Bucky or a CW Bucky, but have been unable to score either at a decent price. I did get a an authentic HT WS Bucky head off of Feebay a few years back for cheap and made my own custom version.

I've been considering getting one of the knockoff CW Bucky figures to use as a base, anybody ever pick one of those up?

What, u don't think paying for AUTHENTICITY is worth it? LOL...:monkey3

e-bay.jpg

This must be the rare platinum arm version.:horror. Srsly least at the moment on the 'bay it's pretty sparse re ANY Winter Soldier stuff. Prob. true for all the CW figs.:dunno

Re bodies etc. there check the HT Civil War thread. I only ever got the AC Play civvie Bucky. IMO based on my limited experience dabbling in kitbashing - it's like other Freaks on the board say - depending on what you want, u can end up paying as much or more kitbashing. Just sayin':horror.

But if u want a reasonable look, the AC Play body was alright. Strong enough, tight joints. Height seems to be more or less the same as an HT. But the arm paint - and the arm is covered anyway be shirt and jacket re original civvie clothes - has more of a dark shiny chrome look than silver. And IMO the paint looks cheap compared to an HT but seems to hold up OK. Looks more plastic in hand. Clothes were great, except IMO the shoes. E.g. unless you want a civvie Bucky you'll need tactical gear.

Re pics below - this is kitbashing in progress as I still need to dye some gloves black and make some silver hands re accuracy, so at the moment the AC Play Bucky costume is on an old Steve Rogers body. (I think when I put an HT head on the AC body something was bothering me - maybe the neck - or maybe it was the boots:gah::lol - still WIP. These pics first time I noticed how long the AC neck is by comparison to HT:slap - looks like the arms are longer too.)
AC body in black shirt; HT Civil War body in white shirt...NOT original clothes; just messin' around here...

WS_body.jpg

WS_body2.jpg

BTW, re anyone needing stands - IMO Phicen stands are worth a try. Have pegs but liked the metal in the pole - these were from Monkey Depot. Also at the moment, Target had these 3$ small drawer organizers with all the cheap impulse junk at the front entrance. Turned out to be great for 1/6 parts etc. even if pink I can dye:lol - heck, I'll try anything. :cool: Good for Bucky's guns and misc. arsenal.:monkey3

stands.jpg

Sourced boots and backpack. Hated the AC original civvie boots which are really KOs of the bottom only of the TWS boots. IMO awful - those had to go...

dyemore.jpg

Anyway re my civvie/bashed Bucks, basically after a lot of screwing around I'm pretty much ending back in HT-ville. For me. Except for clothes. Depends on what u need for the shelf.:dunno I wish HT had put out a civvie Buck in the first place - dealing with the 1/6 baseball hat thing not fitting the head or popping off rooted sculpts is a *thing*:horror

Sassafras, thank you so much for the pics and all of the insight, it is very much appreciated. In a perfect world, right now we'd be discussing how jazzed we are for the Hot Toys Infinity War Bucky & Rocket spinning bullet-go-round deluxe set... HOWEVER I'd rather be talking about bootleg Buckys with you than the new Neon Stealth Iron Man with Budget Stark on Youtube.

ae014d809c9e1e376b460225e93acd0d--marvel-memes-marvel-dc.jpg

Sassafras, thank you so much for the pics and all of the insight, it is very much appreciated. In a perfect world, right now we'd be discussing how jazzed we are for the Hot Toys Infinity War Bucky & Rocket spinning bullet-go-round deluxe set... HOWEVER I'd rather be talking about bootleg Buckys with you than the new Neon Stealth Iron Man with Budget Stark on Youtube.

Welcome and for sure:)! LOL Bucky and Rocket - yeah, I noticed *evil* HT I guess only is doing IW Rocket as part of a set with teenage Groot - huh:(. If I were getting IW Thor, sure $$$. But re any more Thors am holding out for IW 2, so fu Hot Toys.:mad:

Didn't even look (much) at Neon Stealth IM - every time I want an IM it's always the *priciest* diecast versions $$$:horror. So for me any IM variants are off - no way. Even POing the "10-year" black/white Cap took some thinking. $$$:panic: Esp. w. SDCC coming up $$$$.

Just seems real sparse now on the 'bay for any parts or figs for Marvel Avengers HT - either upscale prices or - wouldn't even call them KOs - outright fakes:rolleyes:.

Cap_chicken.jpg

Except for older Thors, maybe, at the moment. Unless u are willing to pay. But it's worth patiently checking sales or this board. Guess it's sunk in that MCU as we knew it is coming to an end:(. But that's not to say HT wouldn't do variants and re-releases IF they have license:dunno

PS. Sometimes a used TWS Bucky comes on market - if u need more studs (tiny buttons) - as for some, the round studs have fallen off the tactical vest (which might have happened re a used Bucky) - u search on "2mm round smooth nailheads" - glue on, come in all colors - this is sample link...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROUND-Smooth-Nailheads-2mm-Hot-Fix-BLACK-144-PC-1-gross/381665022771?hash=item58dd021333%3Ag%3A4pIAAMXQHO9Res2S&_sacat=0&_nkw=2mm+round+nailhead&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Lol @ that Captain't America. I've seen it at least 20 times and never noticed how greasy it is until you pointed it out. Your pics just keep convincing me more and more that I need a new Bucky.

Here's the one I built a few years back...

20180715_221340_zps4dvvfyzb.jpg

Lol @ that Captain't America. I've seen it at least 20 times and never noticed how greasy it is until you pointed it out. Your pics just keep convincing me more and more that I need a new Bucky.

Here's the one I built a few years back...

D*mn that's a stellar 'bash - really like the boots/cargo pants:clap; and how'd you do the hand? I'm still debating on how to get an all-silver hand on my civvie Buck (as the film kinda made a point of him using it without a glove). LOL why do you need Bucky:cool: w. a 'bash that reminds me of TWS concept art:

ws_concepts.jpg

Thanx much re the pics since using a cell phone:) A few more of some of the family (one day I'm gonna get to fixing the flaky shield I got off the 'bay a while back, it's gonna be a *scorched* version:

familyws.jpg

familyws2.jpg

Keep sayin' I'll dig my camera out from someplace:panic:

LOL greasy Cap made from gawd knows cancer chemicals:lol:lol:lol

Not that I haven't had *issues* w. HTs - like a kinda floppy Kylo Ren, parts that pop off, stuff like that. But overall IMO when HT is on, they are really on. At least the bodies have a weight to them that the cheaper stuff I've picked don't have, and HT eye work and hair can be staggeringly good. Some point I'll pick up a Phicen $$$ for a WW2 retro "dancing girl" (Cap display) so will see how that works out.

Best of luck sourcing Bucky/WS - my fav character but also thanks to a *murky* comic backstory and multi-year arc IMO he's the most fun to work with re 'bashing. Esp. CW Bucky re not having lots of bits to worry about.

Last pic of incredible rooted custom from Asian artist off Twitter OMG:

Customwintersoldier.jpg

PS. LOL what was this thread about again????:monkey3:cool::chug

Back