1/6 Will they make Avengers: Infinity War Winter Soldier/Bucky

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War Winter Soldier/Bucky

Yeah that's what I was thinking...price is the issue with this one. It's so badass though!

At this point seems like all the CW figs are marked up too tho, at least new. This is my fav MCU character so I have mutiples of both Buckys. If it's any comfort I got TWS version when prices were starting to climb. No regrets.

On the other hand the CW version is easy to work with - don't hafta worry about little bits coming off - and the arm is nice and shiny. I wonder if that will be the last "classic" arm Bucky. :dunno
Hard to say with rumors of time jumps and stuff.

It's tough missing the more popular figs - at least most of the time I end up paying more. But IMO nothing wrong with a well-cared-for used fig you get at a fair price. And later I didn't regret the extra funds because I have what I feel good about. E.g. if you can swing it, get what you like. These figs do take up space and need some care, no point in having something you don't want to work with.

At this point seems like all the CW figs are marked up too tho, at least new. This is my fav MCU character so I have mutiples of both Buckys. If it's any comfort I got TWS version when prices were starting to climb. No regrets.

On the other hand the CW version is easy to work with - don't hafta worry about little bits coming off - and the arm is nice and shiny. I wonder if that will be the last "classic" arm Bucky. :dunno
Hard to say with rumors of time jumps and stuff.

It's tough missing the more popular figs - at least most of the time I end up paying more. But IMO nothing wrong with a well-cared-for used fig you get at a fair price. And later I didn't regret the extra funds because I have what I feel good about. E.g. if you can swing it, get what you like. These figs do take up space and need some care, no point in having something you don't want to work with.

you're not ready to part ways with the WS version are you??? :clap

The winter soldier version is pretty great just be wary of issues with the leather jacket if you go that route. A lot of them have started peeling. If you can find a good one he really is an awesome figure though.

The winter soldier version is pretty great just be wary of issues with the leather jacket if you go that route. A lot of them have started peeling. If you can find a good one he really is an awesome figure though.
The jacket on my WS is fine, as is the spare one I got stored away. I think it really depends on how humid and hot it gets where he's displayed. :)

Anyhow, I'm kinda shocked by this thread and people's behaviour tbh. So a new member made a mistake and created a thread for a figure that we're 90% sure of getting anyway since he's been in the background of the IW Cap pictures, and some here act as if the guy killed a kitten. Seriously. :slap

This thread isn't really random btw, coz as mentioned, HT had IW Bucky in the background of official promo shots. Blurred and not yet fully finished but hey, he was there. And before anyone says, "uuugh but it's just a placeholder, this doesn't mean we'll get IW Bucky" ... yeah, right. So while Hot Toys constantly displays the CW versions of Sam for example, they go through the lengths of creating the IW outfit for Bucky ... just to be part of the background for the Cap promo shots and to ... not make the figure in the end. ^^'' Patience is key here.

Hot-Toys-Infinity-War-Captain-America-006.jpg

latest

Bucky "White wolf" Barnes looks great. Would definitely get the picture if / when it because available

Wait, your saying I’m all over the place? Lol

Well I mean, you are MotuxMEN not man. One can only assume you are a collective spread across the planet.

No, but Enzolt had nothing but negative things to say on every post. Dude liked to bully a lot as well. Personally glad he hasn't been around.

Well I mean, you are MotuxMEN not man. One can only assume you are a collective spread across the planet.

No, but Enzolt had nothing but negative things to say on every post. Dude liked to bully a lot as well. Personally glad he hasn't been around.

I don’t recall him.

Yeah I try not to be negative all the time and I try to help when I can if someone needs something or asks something. But I’m well aware I can be abrasive and a bit of a **** at times. Lol

I see. I didnt know... Pretty sure it wasnt all bad right.. People tend to remember all the bad and barely any good.

This outfit just doesn't say "White Wolf" to me. Missed an opportunity to finally give him a haircut and a fresh look for the character's new role.

you're not ready to part ways with the WS version are you??? :clap

You mean...

Buckys.jpg

E.g. sell a fig of my fav MCU character?:horror

winters.jpg

The character fig that so far I've gifted with more 1/6 scale bases, costumes, and entire arsenal of extra knives, guns, and booze? The character I am going to *promptly* PO two of if HT ever gets to it....:gah:

chrisevanslaugh.jpg

LOL:cool:. No harm in asking:), but as collectors go - I'm the kind that has multiples and buys for keeps - does diorama stands. (unless there's a horrible emergency) If u can generalize collectors:dunno. My best suggestion, as I did pay marked-up prices for TWS Bucky - is track the 'bay and/or watch the sales threads here. Sometimes folks unload entire collections.

Buy from a reputable seller. Far as I can tell since I am on the 'bay a good bit looking for accessories, mostly - for TWS Bucky expect to pay at least original retail for used and a lot higher for new-in-box. Only you can decide when it's too much. But this is an older figure at this point and don't think it's unreasonable that a seller for NIB makes a profit after holding a fig for a while - a 'bay seller like Timecent, say.

One of my TWS Buckys was bought used. Other "open box for checking but never displayed". I was happy w. the purchases but I never buy from anyone w. poor feedback. CW Bucky right now can be had new but seems to be going for 300$+ new.

Re the mentioned peeling/pleather issue - I've heard of it happening; seen pics:horror. So far I've had no problems - try to keep my figs coolish and dry without fussing too much. But for me - if I wanna work w. my figs and re-pose, I'm not gonna worry about it. :cool:

This outfit just doesn't say "White Wolf" to me. Missed an opportunity to finally give him a haircut and a fresh look for the character's new role.

I'll disagree re the outfit as IMO it's such a badass nod to Bucky's identity and '40s costume - think the designers did an unbelievable job. Also I like Bucky long hair/feral (unless he does become Cap).

But will agree it's nothing like the comic White Wolf (Hunter)

th.jpg

Tho IF this happens - e.g. say in the films Bucky opts to stay in Wakanda - I still think this would be re-interpreted. I kinda like costumes to make sense even if it's a fantasy world, and IMO in Wakanda (unless Bucky is up in the mountains) the comic costume is just - too white.:monkey3:lol

Srsly you'd stand out like a headlight. I could see a re-design that maybe keeps a cape and mask, but has more camo pattern to it. And, you know, pants.:monkey3

You mean...

View attachment 417369

E.g. sell a fig of my fav MCU character?:horror

View attachment 417370

The character fig that so far I've gifted with more 1/6 scale bases, costumes, and entire arsenal of extra knives, guns, and booze? The character I am going to *promptly* PO two of if HT ever gets to it....:gah:

View attachment 417372

LOL:cool:. No harm in asking:), but as collectors go - I'm the kind that has multiples and buys for keeps - does diorama stands. (unless there's a horrible emergency) If u can generalize collectors:dunno. My best suggestion, as I did pay marked-up prices for TWS Bucky - is track the 'bay and/or watch the sales threads here. Sometimes folks unload entire collections.

Buy from a reputable seller. Far as I can tell since I am on the 'bay a good bit looking for accessories, mostly - for TWS Bucky expect to pay at least original retail for used and a lot higher for new-in-box. Only you can decide when it's too much. But this is an older figure at this point and don't think it's unreasonable that a seller for NIB makes a profit after holding a fig for a while - a 'bay seller like Timecent, say.

One of my TWS Buckys was bought used. Other "open box for checking but never displayed". I was happy w. the purchases but I never buy from anyone w. poor feedback. CW Bucky right now can be had new but seems to be going for 300$+ new.

Re the mentioned peeling/pleather issue - I've heard of it happening; seen pics:horror. So far I've had no problems - try to keep my figs coolish and dry without fussing too much. But for me - if I wanna work w. my figs and re-pose, I'm not gonna worry about it. :cool:

To say I'm impressed would be a dramatic understatement. I would like to combine the ws version with the chrome cw version for a more accurate depiction. I love the classic red star arm, but the "Wakanda" arm is so sick.

Hoping and praying HT comes through with an IW Buck!

It would have been cool to see Bucky get some on screen time with Black Widow since they were a couple in the comics and makes a lot more sense romantically than Black Widow and Banner.

To say I'm impressed would be a dramatic understatement. I would like to combine the ws version with the chrome cw version for a more accurate depiction. I love the classic red star arm, but the "Wakanda" arm is so sick.

Hoping and praying HT comes through with an IW Buck!

Why, thank you m-hutch:)! Actually, yeah, I did do a bit of *careful* body switching between TWS and CW - 'coz, IMO, it was actually TWS where there was a lot of focus on the shiny arm - the shiny, shiny arm in some frames:love - and in CW re the color grading of the film that wasn't as prominent. So I thought that works....

Yeah, I'm awash in Buckys and Caps:cool:...but, yah know, doing a character arc is just one way of collecting. Somewhere on this site is a spectacular diorama of all the Ultron characters someone built - whole battle scene; people with all the IM armors, and so on. Nothing wrong with just a few carefully chosen figs in a great display tho - maybe with some vintage comic books and like that. Only trouble is u get a great fig in and it's like crack $$$ u want another....:lol

It would have been cool to see Bucky get some on screen time with Black Widow since they were a couple in the comics and makes a lot more sense romantically than Black Widow and Banner.

Well, yeah. For sure. As it is I always fast-forward through that BW/Bruce stuff in Ultron:cuckoo: And since ArtDamage mentioned BW and the snow base, just had to get curious:lol....

buckynat.jpg

Yeah, that definitely works and also the Toy Fair Cap will look great against the snow PS. BW jacket, gun, and Bucky knife in pic sourced not HT.

^
Yeah, that looks great!

Thank you:) - yeah, IMO that works - think that's gonna be permanent with a few more tweaks - some sort of winter backdrop, or maybe a comic cover...
black_widowcomic.jpg

The CW Natasha is gorgeous but am hoping for IW2 she gets a bit more red in her hair - more of a nod to the comic.

I'd love to get a WS Bucky or a CW Bucky, but have been unable to score either at a decent price. I did get a an authentic HT WS Bucky head off of Feebay a few years back for cheap and made my own custom version.

I've been considering getting one of the knockoff CW Bucky figures to use as a base, anybody ever pick one of those up?

Back