Will there be new Disney Premium Formats at Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both weren't the exclusive parts, it was the print for Jessica and a hook with Peter's hat on it for Hook...

Yes, I know, so anyone that even just got the Reg, still got a great display, with the penguin and tick-tock included.

I'm really disappointed by no new PF's, the Hook PF I have is so good but he's so lonely and it's sad to think this line is withering on the vine.

So much stuff that could be made and all we've had is a handful of a villains!

Some stuff from the Disney archives, there's a treasure-trove of stuff that could be made, really awesome stuff that would look great in PF format.

4995337230_5fc4d497ee_o.jpg

5677702665_41340d0abd_o.jpg

e59d99e2cc6e762d70c6ac53018a4371.jpg

207f14ee053dbe951d6e70858c25e317.jpg

b6d32fd906fae33a456ddcc5a2ff2201.jpg

2893ad65ae98a411d68bf178e96c5ef9.jpg

TPSilverMaquette2.gif

P06-0005.JPG

5678258318_3c1e909ea2_o.jpg

tumblr_mgs0zwn4yh1r76dh3o1_500.jpg

Man, a number of those would look awesome at 1/4 scale PF's, Pocahontas, Ariel, Tazan, Meg.

Now I'm even more sad :(

What on earth are those???? They look amazing and I've never seen them in the WDCC.. :dunno

AFAIK they are animators maquettes, so they build them to help the animators, be it 2D or 3D visualise the characters.

The funny thing is, they would make great Sideshow pieces, either as a PF or 1/5 scale statue.

I really just posted it to show there is a whole massive world of untapped characters that would shine as statues. Much in the way MJ on the Spidey line works really well I think a hero/heroines of Disney line would play to the strengths of painted polystone statues.

I have one of the maquettes for Meet the Robinsons! The Bowler Hat Guy. It's about 1:5 scale. Love that Long John Silver up above.

In that one color pic I pretty much want all of them, also the Treasure Planet one.

I'm not a fan of the Lion King pieces from WDCC, nor any Ariel.

right now I'd settle for 1/5th scale like the new Mary Jane comiquette... I just want more Disney statues :(

I guess so. Tho personally, I just think they work so well and if done right, then animated characters are just the perfect source for a 1/4 scale PF.

Sure it means collecting less, but since it seems I'm not going to get anywhere near the ones I really wanted anyway, it's no longer an issue.

I guess so. Tho personally, I just think they work so well and if done right, then animated characters are just the perfect source for a 1/4 scale PF.

Sure it means collecting less, but since it seems I'm not going to get anywhere near the ones I really wanted anyway, it's no longer an issue.

They work great in PFs but they work perfect in smaller scale too. If you look at the WDCC stuff like Bambi and his mother or Arthur pulling the sword.... they are fabulous pieces with a gorgeous texture and look like they just popped out of the screen.

Because there is nothing at all happening on the Disney front with SS I've resorted to buying my first WDCC piece on the Bay.

These are not cheap! Not mad about porcelain pieces but in the absence of anything else their ain't much choice. Will post some pics once it arrives.

Herc and Pegasus:

6263573239_4bb1deb36c_b.jpg

6263547187_16ff13a88f_b.jpg

Image_Resize_Merge_images.asp

Just FYI there is a dedicated WDCC thread (which is surprisingly slow).

I'm not necessarily a fan of porcelain either but WDCC pieces really look like they jumped off the screen.

Back