Will there be new Disney Premium Formats at Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was nothing but disappointed when I saw that list, since I didn't know any of those characters.

However, I didn't realize that 'Blanche Neige' was Snow White!!!!!!!

If that's true then that will be awesome and an instant order.

Only problem is that all Disney is on the maybe list, that's hardly reassuring that the line isn't dead.

I was nothing but disappointed when I saw that list, since I didn't know any of those characters.

However, I didn't realize that 'Blanche Neige' was Snow White!!!!!!!

If that's true then that will be awesome and an instant order.

Only problem is that all Disney is on the maybe list, that's hardly reassuring that the line isn't dead.

I think list two is just further behind, so less likely to see anything but teasers updates at SDCC. The list came from Obi Wan at Fana Collec, who is a darned reliable source.

Snow White is a Day 1 order for me. Probably Barbarossa too.

Even if they don't show Snow White at comic con that list shows that she is going to get made, which is great news, and means the line isn't totally dead.

While I'm really hoping to be able to order Snow White, a preview will be enough to know things aren't totally dead and that she is coming.

I remember someone sure that it was going to be the Old Hag, but so far that's not appeared. If it still doesn't and we do see Snow White, then I wonder if the lack of anything new in the past 12 months or so, has been due to Sideshow actually listening and reworking there plans.

Being able to put a Snow White next to my Evil Queen Ex will just be totally awesome.

Nope, so far all pretty disappointing. Of course it could be due to everyone else always taking photo's of Marvel, Star Wars, DC, etc, but even so, if any Disney PF's where there, you'd think someone would snap a pic.

SSC seems to be mostly about Comic franchises plus Star Wars and some original horror stuff these days. :dunno

As I'm collecting cinema icons (sans comic), Disney and all things Middle Earth, their offering so far is of literally zero interest to me. They simply gave up on all the good stuff! :wink1:

Yup, from what I've manage to see, SDCC this year from a Sideshow point of view is over and done with, not a single pre-order or even anything I may be a little interested in.

Its a sad day as every sideshow disney piece nailed the likeness of their character one needs go as far as the smirk on Captain Hook's face or Jessica Rabbit's elegant pose to fall in love with her. I only have one sideshow piece on preorder this year which is indiana jones in pursuit of the ark. As I only collect indy and disney lines i have no intent to start on marvel or dc which seem to get all the attention nowadays. So i am sitting back, saving my money and hoping one day in the near future Sideshow will will hear my cry and bring back the disney line.

While at first I tended to want the Jessica statue to look a bit more like the Ex print. However, now, the statue does capture her perfectly, that purse lips, you can just hear something a bit sarcastic coming out of her and remembering the movie.
The Evil Queen is very a perfect Three Dimensional representation of a 2D character. She has the air, beauty and grace of a queen, while at the same time, you just know she is a right royal b*tch.

While I don't have any of the others, you can see that Hook turns out great and the rest were also well done. In general I don't think there was a large number of QC issues and while the Ex's in most cases where never great, in meant all got very nice statues and displays, like the penguin with Jessica or tick-tock with Hook.

At the end of the day, about the only think Sideshow did wrong with the line, was to pretty much kill it off by the looks of things.

Assuming they still have the license, I just don't see why PF's like Snow White or Belle and the Beast wouldn't see in viable numbers.

like the penguin with Jessica or tick-tock with Hook.

both weren't the exclusive parts, it was the print for Jessica and a hook with Peter's hat on it for Hook...

hoped they would show something new this SDCC, very disappointed. If they're not showing anything from the Disney Villain line for Spook this year, we can safely say it's over :crying

Probably one of the most mismanaged licenses Sideshow has ever acquired given the variety, breadth and depth of characters available to them. What a waste.

Back