Will there be another X-men dio series after the astonishing is finished?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy another/ this X-men diorama?

• Yes

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

SteveShow

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello,
Having seen the current X-men vs. sentinel diorama and missing out in the first do you think Sideshow will ever do another X-men diorama series (aka not the Astonishing vs sentinel line a new one?)

I'm hoping in the future there might be a Jim lee era style with combination of Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Gambit, Jean, Rogue and Professor. People who already own the X-men vs sentinel would you be interested in getting a Jim lee era dioramas? Does Sideshow ever check these boards out?

Poll
What characters would you want?
1. (Cartoon team)Wolverine ,Beast, Cyclops, Gambit, Jean, Rogue, Jubilee and Professor
2. (Blue team)Gambit, Beast, Physlocke, Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, Jubilee
3. (Gold team)Jean, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, Bishop, Archangel

What theme would you want? (Aka vs sentinels etc)
1. Vs Apocalypse
2. Vs Magneto
3. Vs Danger room
4. Vs sinister
5. Juggernaught
6. Vs Sentinel
7. Plan old action pose

Exclusive feature
1. Changeable heads
2. Light up gambit card, phylocke hand, Cyclops eye, jubelie, jean, storm
3. Other

Any input would be great

Last edited:
Re: Will there be another X-men dio series after the astonishing?

If its going to match the other two it will have to be Wolverine and Kitty Pride.

Not sure what you mean. There are 3 in this series. Do you mean another series? If so, I doubt they would do that for quite a while. It wouldn't make a lot of sense. Would I buy it if they did? Yep. I'm a Marvel whore.:D

Sorry if I confused, yeah I mean a new X-men diorama series with Jim lee style look

Having seen your edit, it's more clear now. Again, I doubt they will, but if it's well done, I'm in. Personally I would like to see the classic team vs Magneto in a one piece one shot.

SteveShow said:
I'm hoping in the future there might be a Jim lee era style with combination of Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Gambit, Jean, Rogue and Professor. People who already own the X-men vs sentinel would you be interested in getting a Jim lee era dioramas? Does Sideshow ever check these boards out?

Poll
What characters would you want?
1. (Cartoon team)Wolverine ,Beast, Cyclops, Gambit, Jean, Rogue, Jubilee and Professor
2. (Blue team)Gambit, Beast, Physlocke, Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, Jubilee
3. (Gold team)Jean, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, Bishop, Archangel

What theme would you want? (Aka vs sentinels etc)
1. Vs Apocalypse
2. Vs Magneto
3. Vs Danger room
4. Vs sinister
5. Juggernaught
6. Vs Sentinel

Exclusive feature
1. Changeable heads
2. Light up gambit card, phylocke hand, Cyclops eye, jubelie, jean, storm
3. Other
All of the above sound like awesome ideas, I find it hard believe that they won't continue making X-Men Dios after the 3rd Astonishing one. Really there are so many different combinations and that's just in the X-Men.

Imagine if they get into Avengers Dios, FF Dios, Spider-Man w/Villains. The possibilities are endless!

I didn't either of these, but I'm not an Astonishing fan. I'd get a classic set though, first team, maybe like the cover of issue 1 against Magneto.

I would MUCH rather see an Avengers dio! Thor, IM, Cap, and whoever else would work for me. By the time the 3rd piece of this set comes out, I think I'll be a bit sick of X-Men. There are already several individual character pieces as well.

Hell Yeah

I will be all over the all future x-men diaromas

only it makes me feel more and more stupid to remember that I cancelled the exclusive last year,:monkey2
I was thinking that 330 $ is so much for this and I can get it from ebay for a reasonable price :lol

After Wolvie/Kitty rounds off the Astonishing dioramas I would take either one of these for the next series:

Jim Lee era:

Rogue/Gambit
Psylocke/Archangel
Jean Grey/Bishop
Storm/Iceman
Nightcrawler/Forge (yeah, I said Forge!!! remember him?)

All characters that have not been done in the Astonishing line. As much as I would like to believe a classic Xmen diorama will sell, I kinda doubt it. Sideshow seems to be more pro recent version than retro versions of characters.

Once the Astonishing Vs. series is done it would have to something incredibly awesome for me to buy another X-Vs. However I love the idea of an Avengers series done the same way - 6 characters over 3 dioramas.

Darklord Dave said:
Once the Astonishing Vs. series is done it would have to something incredibly awesome for me to buy another X-Vs. However I love the idea of an Avengers series done the same way - 6 characters over 3 dioramas.

Hopefully characters that Have not been done already in diorama form. So no Hulk and no Cap.

Ironman/Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch/Vision
Yellowjacket/Wasp/Thor

As for X-Men Dios, I'd love a replica of the Jim Lee X-Men #1 cover where the Blue and Gold team were all in a massive battle scene against Magneto. That would be an amazing piece when completed. I'd also like a Silver Age X-Men team in their first uniforms sort of like the set that was put out by Diamond? not to long back but fell short IMHO.

As for Marvel Dios in general, give me an Avengers Assemble Dio first! Give me all the Avengers running into battle I would be all over that!!! :drool

Seems like most people are down for another X-men dio, was just thinking how would a Spider-man vs the sinister six dio sound ? lights and all

SteveShow said:
Seems like most people are down for another X-men dio, was just thinking how would a Spider-man vs the sinister six dio sound ? lights and all

No more Spiderman. Please god no more Spiderman.

Back