Will the SW figures have a matte or glossy finish?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree, since you are getting cold feet, cancel your preorders and let someone that wants them get them.

You're pulling up figures from a few years ago. Lets do that will every toy company, Hasblo, Toy Biz, Meca ect.

This is one of the few that just didn't turn out for whatever reason. No need to get yourself all tied up in knots about it.

EVILFACE said:
Agree, since you are getting cold feet, cancel your preorders and let someone that wants them get them.

You're pulling up figures from a few years ago. Lets do that will every toy company, Hasblo, Toy Biz, Meca ect.

I am not pulling up these pictures. People at Rebelscum are. I don't have cold feet and highly look forward to the SW figures. I have no idea when that figure was released or even who it is. I was just surprised to see that comparison shot.

Justin Luck,

that figure is anna valerious from van helsing. it's supposed to be kate beckinsale.

just so you don't have any other nightmares, be advised that you'll probably see photos of the following sideshow figures that suck.....

1. wai ling from james bond
2. regular willow from buffy the vampire slayer
3. buffy with real hair in a white dress
4. nova from the planet of the apes

and the already mentioned anna and mrs. vorhees.

everyone will agree these figures are not the high quality we expect from sideshow. sideshow is not perfect, and these 6 listed figures prove it.

but just about everything else they have done in 12 inch scale has been awesome. sure, some hate the "brent" sculpt, but if you're just looking at the figure, he is quality, thought the likeness may be off.

if you're worried, check out fine figures like the cigarette smoking man, abe sapien, the invisible man, blackbeard, vlad the impailer, or vampire spike. that is sideshow at it's best, and that's what i expect the star wars figures to be like.

Yeah, SS isn't perfect with its sculpts. Even I can admit that but they have more hits than misses so I don't get to worried about the occassional miss. Knowing SS the way I/we do they will do everything in their power to make sure the SW and LOTR licenses have little to no errors.

JustinLuck said:
Someone just posted this pic at Rebelscum:

untitled24rw.jpg

I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight:horror

When was this figure produced and how in the world could Sideshow allow this to ever ship??? If people thought they were purchasing the one in the proto pics, they must have been furious!:horror

I dont see the difference between those 2...it looks like the same figure to me....:sick :sick :sick...... just kidding...Female figures have always been the toughest to make...maybe because of the delicate facial features...but rest assured ..Sideshow will give you unsurpassed sculpting for the star wars and lotr licences...and that was then...this is now....

I find it amusing to see the threads over at Rebel Scum. If they want to bash Sideshow, they use the worst possible examples like Willow or Pammy (who just came out in 2005 btw), and ignore figures like CSM, Spike or Washington.

Are we guaranteed perfection? Uh, no. No company can match it. Sideshow has hits and misses, and I will guarantee that some of the SW figures will be perfect - and some will be awful.

Human likenesses are always the most difficult to capture. And even on sculpts that are well done, there will still be some people that hate them. Let's be honest as well - on some that are awful, you'll still get defenders. Look no further than the Medicom Luke for proof of that.

At this level, this is art. Getting universal agreement on art is impossible. Of course, Sideshow doesn't need to get universal approval - they only need to convince a few thousand people with enough cash that the overall quality and standard are up to snuff.

BTW, I just posted my thoughts over at the RS board. It's interesting to see people that were willing to pay $30 for God awful Hasbro crap complaining that the hair color isn't just right on Obi-wan :D

Of course, keep in mind that when the actual figures hit, if they suck like a Hoover, I'll be the first to point it out. I'm just not happy to see people complaining about what MIGHT be a problem in general. Got specific issues? Let them know, because they listen. Having some sort of panic attack because you don't know if they'll be good or not? Take a chill pill.

Michael Crawford said:
BTW, I just posted my thoughts over at the RS board. It's interesting to see people that were willing to pay $30 for God awful Hasbro crap complaining that the hair color isn't just right on Obi-wan :D

Of course, keep in mind that when the actual figures hit, if they suck like a Hoover, I'll be the first to point it out. I'm just not happy to see people complaining about what MIGHT be a problem in general. Got specific issues? Let them know, because they listen. Having some sort of panic attack because you don't know if they'll be good or not? Take a chill pill.

I totally agree MC. I think though lots of them are new to SS and know little about just how good the products are. I agree though just don't complain about general things get specific cause SS will do whats right and make changes if they can.

sheridan said:
i do alot of 1/6th world war two germans and soviets.i thought that was a the ultimate gathering of pissers and moaners until i stumbled across the rebel scum crowd

Well, I think in general SW fans are just much more vocal about things than say LOTR fans are. I know most LOTR fans will say whent hey like something but don't go all nutty like SW fans. The LOTR fans that do are usually real hardcore SW fans.

Well said Michael.

Although that comparison pic of Valerious isn't fair as the production figure is a bad photo. The sculpt is actually very good even if the head is oversized.

captain sack said:
just so you don't have any other nightmares, be advised that you'll probably see photos of the following sideshow figures that suck.....

1. wai ling from james bond
2. regular willow from buffy the vampire slayer
3. buffy with real hair in a white dress
4. nova from the planet of the apes

I think the Nova figure is pretty nice actually.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I think the Nova figure is pretty nice actually.

i'm a huge sideshow fan, but when i saw her in person, i was amazed at how bad she looked.(huge head, bad hair) for some reason, bbi and mattell can do rooted hair well, but sideshow can't.:confused:

and the price of that two pack, which is essentially two nude figures, sucked as well.:google

captain sack said:
i'm a huge sideshow fan, but when i saw her in person, i was amazed at how bad she looked.(huge head, bad hair) for some reason, bbi and mattell can do rooted hair well, but sideshow can't.:confused:
She's got a big noggin, I'll give you that, but the rooted hair turned out pretty good IMO, much better than SSC's other rooted hair efforts. I think the face sculpt and paint apps. are nice too.

Back