Will the sun fade a collectible in front of a window if the blinds are closed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent0028

Inebriated
Reaction score
I just moved into a new apartment and I'm debating about putting some collectibles in a detolf in front of the window. I would always keep the blinds closed, but the whole sunlight thing always makes me nervous. Any ideas? Thanks!

Yes. My Jason X figure was on the end of the shelf by a crack in the window and his dark green shirt has faded pretty bad. Need to replace him now. My Ardeth Bey's robe has faded a bit as well. New toy room will have no natural light.

At least get some home window tint.

I havent had any issues with closed blinds.........so what, during the day, your room will be completely dark so you cant even see your collectibles? Doesnt make sense to me :dunno

I havent had any issues with closed blinds.........so what, during the day, your room will be completely dark so you cant even see your collectibles? Doesnt make sense to me :dunno
well he could always hook the house up to that new invention called electricity and turn on a light switch. maybe get some running water too.

Thanks for the advice guys. Sounds like there is enough risk that I'm not going to take the chance. I may put a bookcase in front of the window to block it and just buy lights. I'm going to have to do that anyway because of the shadows from the shelf above.

I have a blind up , not black out ( but soon will be ) and my figures and statues are also behind glass. Touch wood from what I can see I haven't had any problems.

can't stand a room without natural lighting. i'd rather try to find a better place for the collectibles than turn a window into a wall.

can't stand a room without natural lighting. i'd rather try to find a better place for the collectibles than turn a window into a wall.

There might be some kind of window film you can use that blocks most of the sun's harmful rays, while still letting in light.

There are different kinds of blinds that you can buy. Some allow more light to come through than others. Not that either will keep all natural light away.

Natural light is big time kahkah. I hate it. I have most every window in my house heavily curtained. I have zero light in my bedroom and zero in my collection room.

F U SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use black out curtains as well... the sun will definitely do damage to your collection if you aren't careful.

Back