Will Hot Toys make the other PREDATOR 2 Preds?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love a Bio Helmet set... With a couple of different one so you can have a different Predator every once and a while... I'm not massive on buying heaps of different versions of the one figure/character.

I would love any Predator, but i'd just be happy to have the AVP ones, and the P2, P2 Elder, and P1. I'd rather them focus on humans like Dutch and his team, and Danny Glover and his team. That would make the ultimate collection.

I would love any Predator, but i'd just be happy to have the AVP ones, and the P2, P2 Elder, and P1. I'd rather them focus on humans like Dutch and his team, and Danny Glover and his team. That would make the ultimate collection.

I really am at a loss for why we haven't seen the Predator based humans yet. Likeness issues? Not sure. But, there needs to be some Glover for sure, with P2 out. Not sure who else would get the cut on that one. P1 has more renowned bada$$es. I would expect to see a couple of them, especially with the Apollo Creed already out there now. There's one down. If they do Arnold, all bets are off! Hot Toys might go ballistic on Arnold figures! One can hope! :D

I really am at a loss for why we haven't seen the Predator based humans yet. Likeness issues? Not sure. But, there needs to be some Glover for sure, with P2 out. Not sure who else would get the cut on that one. P1 has more renowned bada$$es. I would expect to see a couple of them, especially with the Apollo Creed already out there now. There's one down. If they do Arnold, all bets are off! Hot Toys might go ballistic on Arnold figures! One can hope! :D

Hell yeah! Well, we can at least bank on Glover b/c of the flintlock pistol that the P2 Elder comes with, but I would like Danny boy also.

As far as Predator 1, we need Dutch and his team!! Ultimate badasses!

I'd love to see human characters from both the movies , but let's face it , Hot Toys history with actors likenesses is variable to say the least ! ( Just look at the Colonial Marines!):rolleyes:

I'd love to see human characters from both the movies , but let's face it , Hot Toys history with actors likenesses is variable to say the least ! ( Just look at the Colonial Marines!):rolleyes:

And look what we've done with them... kick-ass movie-accurate repaints, alternate sculpts, WORKING shoulder lamp mod, WORKING motion tracker mod...

We can rebuild them. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

And look what we've done with them... kick-ass movie-accurate repaints, alternate sculpts, WORKING shoulder lamp mod, WORKING motion tracker mod...

Hey , I'm not knocking 'em . I have a full set , replaced heads, re-painted , the full nine yards ( as you Yanks say !) . I say "Bring 'em on!"
We can rebuild them. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was before. Better. Stronger. Faster. ( Indeed).:cool:

If HT does P1 humans, Dutch will just about 90% for sure need an HS from elsewhere, the T1 line has shown that HT didn't cough up the cash for Arnie's likeness, and not likely they would for Dutch either. Dillon should be fine, they've already done Apollo, and if there's an issue, they could do a marine's trick and just poorly paint nice sculpts to get the rest of the team.

Darren is sculpting an Arnold sculpt not to mention I really like SSC's Arnold sculpt. You could (if you had the cash) put Arnold on Ivan Drago's body and have the muscle suit and build (somewhat) there to make your own Predator Dutch....just letting my mind flow....how close (or far) were Arnold and Dolph in height?

Darren is sculpting an Arnold sculpt not to mention I really like SSC's Arnold sculpt. You could (if you had the cash) put Arnold on Ivan Drago's body and have the muscle suit and build (somewhat) there to make your own Predator Dutch....just letting my mind flow....how close (or far) were Arnold and Dolph in height?

Drago is too tall scale wise. At 14" he is as tall as a Predator!

I really am at a loss for why we haven't seen the Predator based humans yet. Likeness issues? Not sure. But, there needs to be some Glover for sure, with P2 out. Not sure who else would get the cut on that one. P1 has more renowned bada$$es...
Have you guys seen Die's Blaine and Mac customs? They're BAD ASS!!

100_0275.jpg

100_0284.jpg

100_0270.jpg

100_0268.jpg

Die's customs are excellent! Especially those headsculpts . I toyed with the notion a while back of building up the team , but the lack of sculpts put pay to that idea . I did get as far as a Dutch , but locating the authentic vest proved problematic . I used the Ignite "Viking" headsculpt which is a pretty good Arnold likeness . These pics were when he was a "work in progress" and I've since replaced everything , including the body! ( This is the Popsalute Terminator body , he now sports a BBI G3 ). At least it gives an idea of the headsculpt . I still need to get round to stripping and re-painting it as well .
DutchBCU.jpg

Dutch4.jpg

If HT does P1 humans, Dutch will just about 90% for sure need an HS from elsewhere, the T1 line has shown that HT didn't cough up the cash for Arnie's likeness, and not likely they would for Dutch either. Dillon should be fine, they've already done Apollo, and if there's an issue, they could do a marine's trick and just poorly paint nice sculpts to get the rest of the team.

I think at this point HT has the clout and probably money to pony up for the likeness rights. When the first 2 Terminator figures were released that was a pretty big step for HT to take. I think if they made a Dutch now (especially after seeing the newest Rambo) we'd be getting getting a kickass figure :rock

I think if they made a Dutch now (especially after seeing the newest Rambo) we'd be getting getting a kickass figure :rock

I agree their, if they do pony up for his likeness, the sculpt would be spectacular, no doubt, I hope they get it, and given Arnold's build, it just has to be on a muscular body, not even so much for the arms and all, but the shoulders really need to have strong muscles there leading into the head naturally, not like the shoulders on plain 1/6 bodies.

Since they seem to have a specific body designed for Rambo... it'd be great if they could do the same for Arnold. Then maybe we could also get a Conan figure out of this :rock

As far as I can tell, here's the HT Muscular Body lineup of late.

Version 1 (Upper Torso) - Rambo 1, 2 and 3, Aliens Drake (minus scars?)

Version 2 (Upper & Lower Torso) - ROCKY Rocky Balboa, Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed

Version 4 (Upper & Lower Torso) - ROCKY Ivan Drago

Based on images and reports, the Drago body is out because that would make Arnie as tall as the Predator which would be wrong, so odds are they'd have to make a new body again, or recycle the Rocky body.

As far as I can tell, here's the HT Muscular Body lineup of late.

Version 1 (Upper Torso) - Rambo 1, 2 and 3, Aliens Drake (minus scars?)

Version 2 (Upper & Lower Torso) - ROCKY Rocky Balboa, Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed

Version 4 (Upper & Lower Torso) - ROCKY Ivan Drago

Based on images and reports, the Drago body is out because that would make Arnie as tall as the Predator which would be wrong, so odds are they'd have to make a new body again, or recycle the Rocky body.
There's also the PMC, Vietnam Seal M-60 Gunner, and 2 versions of the Casual Wear Hong Kong SDU figures, one is a limited edition version. All are the same Version 1 muscle Body as Rambo with scars, but some have a different muscle sleeve for their legs then the Rocky figures I believe (just to be thorough). The first sleeve legs suck by the way. Not to mention the crappy first version of the muscle bodies. I think the Rambo body would work well for Arnie but if they plan on having an official Arnie Dutch, they'll have to sculpt a new muscle bod.
But I doubt they'll do an Arnold as Dutch, at least one that actually looks like Arnold. The muscle bod is better then Sideshow's but Arnold is extremely vain about the representation of his body and likeness, why I believe most companies try not to deal with him.

Back