Will Hot Toys do 2 different P1s?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I so desperately would like to see a cloaking version, I think that would look very impressive and sell well.

Yeah, but why not just by 2 of each Predator you buy, then you still have an exact copy. If you have 2 different versions of the same Predator they are bound to have different boxes, accessories, and so on. But I see what your sayin', like if one Wolf gets ^^^^ed, you still have another Wolf.

If I had bought 2 of the first edition Wolf Predator I would have been extremely miffed about the announcement of the 2nd edition with all those new accessories. I might have felt bound by my own completism to also buy the 2nd edition, which would mean I'd have 3 - money would have been spent on 2 completely identical figures where it could have been spent on a future release. One of each release is fine by me. If one of them gets damaged I'll still be upset but it won't be a total disaster and I won't be drawn into making an extortionate ebay purchase to replace it...not that I have ever used ebay in the first place.

What do you mean "unused mask"? That suit and mask combo was used in P2. That's where tht pic came from, the set, or backstage of Predator 2.

yes, but actually this mask was meant to be the original, before it was replaced by the smooth mask we all know, this because this mask , after recycled and reused for the " gort " predator in p2 , are basically if you can notice a mechanized metal version of the predator face and the directors think that this can reveal too much of the face of the predator and too early in the film , so in the end it was scrapped and replaced for film pacing reasons, but the gort mask originally was meant to be the first predator mask...

What do you mean "unused mask"? That suit and mask combo was used in P2. That's where tht pic came from, the set, or backstage of Predator 2.

darkfaerytales beat me to it, and he's right. As I understand it, the original Predator mask design was dropped because it reduced the impact of the final reveal of the Predator's face. For comparison, look at the Predator wearing that mask in P2:
gort2.jpg
gort1.jpg

As you can see, it's basically P2 armour and body markings with the bestial helmet. By contrast, the other picture has P2 armour and body markings.

My bad man. Sorry for jumping in your ^^^^ like that. I knew that about the mask, but I guess i didn't even look at the armor. I saw the mask and started to type and what not. Sorry about that.

Back