Will Hot Toys do 2 different P1s?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karatka

Super Freak
Reaction score
No serious question here, just a thinkpiece.

HT seem to have set a pattern by producing 2 variants each of P2 and Wolf - and quite a few people seem to assume this will apply to the original Predator in due course as well. However, I can see a few reasons why that might not be the case:

1. Unlike Wolf and P2, the original Predator's equipment doesn't vary during the film; he doesn't have much to begin with! So there's much less scope for extra accessories than with the other Predators.

2. The P1 bust comes with variable mandibles as a default - the shape of things to come? Personally, I hope that HT will nick the technical trick from the Predalien and have moving mandibles.

3. We've already seen the P1 'variant' in the shape of the P2 Elder.

4. Compared to P2 and AVP-R, there is a LOT more scope for non-Predator characters to fill out the license line (more like Aliens in this sense).

Any thoughts?

Well, they can still make a BD version of the P1 character.
(same ^^^^, with some blood added)

In addition, they can also go a new route and make a cloaked variant.

Unfortunately I see no reason why Hot Toys will choose to release only one version of P1. They can always find ways to "create" a second version with additional accessories for instance. Until enough people start holding off on the first version or rejecting the second version I don't see Hot Toys abandoning this route. And it isn't just with their Predator figures...they have released two Jack Sparrows, 3 Robocops, 2 ED-209s, 2 Sao Feng..........wonder how many Jokers they will have from the Dark Knight movie :monkey2

I say at least 2 versions. One with mandibles closed, and one battle damaged with swappable mandibles. Since for many this will be the definitive Hot Toys Predator to own, dont be surprised if they decide to finally attempt a cloaking version as well. That along with the crew from the movie, and most likely 2 versions of Dutch...it will be madness...

Last edited:
I say at least 2 versions. One with mandibles closed, and one battle damaged with swappable mandibles. Since for many this will be the definitive Hot Toys Predator to own, dont be surprised if they decide to finally attempt and cloaking version as well. That along with the crew from the movie, and most likely 2 versions of Dutch...it will be madness...

And we'll gobble all of them up like M&Ms :D
And soon Hot Toys will start releasing 3 versions of every Pred

they will probably make one regular and one battle damaged version of course. i see it pointless because the BD will basically just have a bloody head and paint on the chest.
~~i'd rather them give us two versions of Dutch. one regular commando style and the other with the final battle "mud" camo.

they will probably make one regular and one battle damaged version of course. i see it pointless because the BD will basically just have a bloody head and paint on the chest.
~~i'd rather them give us two versions of Dutch. one regular commando style and the other with the final battle "mud" camo.

They'll probably do both, BD Predator and Dutch, and Reg. Predator and Reg. Dutch.

Do nt care how they do it,or how many,just wish they d show something!

That Predator diorama has reignited the hunger which was somewhat satiated by Kane & Dallas,Iron Man,The Dark Knight and the awesome vehicles.

I need some Pred 1 and i need it soon!!:chew:chew

We will see these at SDCC and they will be awesome! The whole P1 set up like they did Rocky last year. There will be many items to order on the floor.

I think we will certainly see at least 2, maybe 3 releases of P1, a couple of Dutch's and most, if not all, of the crew. HT's never seems to dissappoint...don't see em doing it now.

Im keeping some £ aside for when they start releasing figures. Would hate to miss them :horror

yes it has much more sense that they will 2 versions of dutch instead of 2 of the predator , basically don't exist a real definitive battle damaged version of the predator in the film unless HT will include the tree trunk with the second release :rotfl

anyway knowing HT there will be 2 dutch and 2 predator

i would be totally okay with a clean & bd version of each. and then the rest of the crew.

hey TF arent you tired of that silly looking predator you made? i would be more than happy to get rid of it for you.......:monkey3

Do nt care how they do it,or how many,just wish they d show something!

I know... the original Predator is conspicuous by its absence from my lineout which now includes 10 others. He needs to be there !!!:banghead

Anyway, the consensus is clear... and I have to admit that I've just thought of the ideal 'exclusive' variant Predator - the unused mask:

Costume202.jpg

I wouldn't mind them pulling the 'surprise 2nd edition with all the accessories the 1st should have had&more' stunt with the P1 Predator. I sort of like to have 2 anyway so if some accident should ever befall one of them I at least have the other still intact...hopefully.

Yeah, but why not just by 2 of each Predator you buy, then you still have an exact copy. If you have 2 different versions of the same Predator they are bound to have different boxes, accessories, and so on. But I see what your sayin', like if one Wolf gets ^^^^ed, you still have another Wolf.

Back