Will Aquaman’s success have a halo effect on previous DC films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aquaman’s success have a halo effect on previous DC movies?

• Yes, they’ve been underappreciated

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No, they’re still (mostly) bad

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
That’s a commercial about famous cars not classic cars. Any version of the Batmobile is recognizable as the Batmobile. It was probably easier to use the most recent one instead of trying to get an older one.

That’s a commercial about famous cars not classic cars. Any version of the Batmobile is recognizable as the Batmobile. It was probably easier to use the most recent one instead of trying to get an older one.

I didn't say anything...:monkey3

But....it should have been the 89 Batmobile. Most of the cars were from the 80's and 90s, and the 89 Batmobile is still the most iconic version. Even as a Nolinite, I wouldn't want the Tumbler in it.

I know they had the latest Transformer car in there, but come on WB, stop pushing that DCEU on people. It just looked out of place, imo.

I can't think of a single example where a decent movie made a bad one more palatable.

I've yet to see Aquadude, but might go just for the visual experience.

I can't imagine how anything outside of getting a lobotomy, would make me enjoy BVS or JL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You sound like that one Magi guy in the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies. "It is written that Superman and Nolan cannot co-exist." Or what? 10 plagues will be unleashed on mankind? *Warner Bros* decided not to add MoS to the Nolanverse and they could have simply chosen NOT to keep them apart. Even if Nolan walked he had still laid the groundwork and I'm sure that WB could have thrown whatever amount of cash at Bale to entice him to return for at least one team-up flick.

Keaton walked away from the Bat franchise but then still ended up being ready to cameo with Nic Cage so these things are never set in stone.

Superman wouldn't have worked in the Nolan verse, and he was never intended to be a part of it, that's really not that difficult to comprehend :dunno

I dunno, it might have worked if they could have kept Bale on - I just think he wouldn't have done it, he probably wanted to move on and not have to wear that costume anymore.

Think about it, if Superman materialized in the Nolanverse you would definitely have the appropriate level of awe and wonder precisely because it doesn't seem like he would fit in that universe. And Bale's Batman meeting him would have had massive impact. Instead we had to settle for a brand new Batman we had never seen before meeting a Superman we had only seen once before and it was...OK, but not nearly as goosebumpy as it should have been. And then they went and ruined it all anyway with the Doomsday crap and killing Superman but that's beside the point.

I voted no although I don't HATE the DC films. I enjoyed WW and thought BvS and JL were OK. They just aren't on par with Marvel and even Marvel has had some average at best efforts.

Superman wouldn't have worked in the Nolan verse, and he was never intended to be a part of it, that's really not that difficult to comprehend :dunno

Iron Man and Batman Begins are basically the same movie, and yet Marvel had no trouble introducing alien invasions and talking trees in later films. Of course Nolan made his movies without planning on introducing any other superheroes but WB could have modified their trajectory and done the same as Marvel *had they simply chosen to do so.*

Since I would rank Aquaman 5th best DCEU film (only better than Suicide Squad) there should be a f$%k Aquaman option.

Think about it, if Superman materialized in the Nolanverse you would definitely have the appropriate level of awe and wonder precisely because it doesn't seem like he would fit in that universe. And Bale's Batman meeting him would have had massive impact.

Yep! If aliens can show up in Signs, E.T., It, The Abyss, Close Encounters, District 9, Arrival, Edge of Tomorrow, etc., etc., then I fail to see how a movie that features a grown man in a batsuit driving a tank across rooftops would be "too realistic" to feature them as well, lol.

Ill give you my honest views on the dceu so far.

MOS Fantastic movie have no issues with a superman trying to find his feet by completing a journey arc though it should have been completed by the second movie. I had an issue with him not saving his father he has super fast speed he could have easily saved him without anyone noticing because not only does he move nearly as fast as the flash people weren't concentrating on Clark and where obviously fixated on the storm. Other minor gripe is in the writing most fans dont accept superman killing so they should not have wrote into the story leaving no choice for sups but to snap zods neck. Apart from those minor gripes its my favorite dceu movie. 9/10

BVS was a decent movie with major issues. Lex was divisive, doomsday was ridiculous and the iconic death of superman story arc was completely wasted. 7/10

SS fantastic first half to the movie horrible second half. 5/10

WW fantastic movie **** third act. 8.5/10

JL had fun with this but looked all messed up due to 2 different directors visions. 6/10

Aquaman fun movie not all dialogue landed story was bland. 8/10

Why not? If someone like two face can exist then do could superman

Iron Man and Batman Begins are basically the same movie, and yet Marvel had no trouble introducing alien invasions and talking trees in later films. Of course Nolan made his movies without planning on introducing any other superheroes but WB could have modified their trajectory and done the same as Marvel *had they simply chosen to do so.*

If you watch the making of MOS, they said that MOS was influenced by the Nolanverse. It was supposed to be a Superman in the real world, and how the people react to an alien, as well how an alien fits in on earth. So it would fit perfectly in the Nolanverse, because even in BvS, the arrival of Sups changed things, it changed Batman, made him more ruthless, so that fits with a Baleman that doesn't believe in killing. That change would mean more if done with Bale because of the trilogy/history, as opposed to a brand new Batman that we've been TOLD has a 20 year history, but we've never seen it.

Since I would rank Aquaman 5th best DCEU film (only better than Suicide Squad) there should be a f$%k Aquaman option.

It’s not about whether it’s any good, but whether its success (and generally positive reception) will make people reassess the other DC flicks.

That change would mean more if done with Bale because of the trilogy/history, as opposed to a brand new Batman that we've been TOLD has a 20 year history, but we've never seen it.

Much as I like Baleman I prefer Battfleck, from the costumes and Alfred to the hardware. Plus it leaves the door open to a more comic-style younger version.

Nolan made the TDK trilogy with a definite ending which would have made it hard to continue.

Last edited:
As impossible as Two-Face is, I believe that could happen in some way far more than I believe Superman could happen.

No if a man can walk around with face half burt to the skeleton and still be able to function his eyes and talk and yell without seething in pain then you will believe a man can fly lol

Back