Will Aquaman’s success have a halo effect on previous DC films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aquaman’s success have a halo effect on previous DC movies?

• Yes, they’ve been underappreciated

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No, they’re still (mostly) bad

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
WB rushed and made a mess of the DCEU. They have slowed things down now its time to build up a fan base that cares about the characters by making quality solo movies. JL 2 will be made it will just be at the right time.

Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing that.

no idea if a word of this is true ,but it seems plausible to me ,and im braced for the didnt read starwars fella stuff :lol

EDITORIALSThe ‘Aquaman’ Squalor: How Geoff Johns Was Running DC Films

The universe will be shared(small references like aquaman) they are just going to concentrate on solo movies one at a time build a loyal fan base then give us the 2 billion dollar Justice League 2.

I hope you’re right. That approach would be logical, and I think, the right way to do it.

I think the shared universe idea has lost its value for several reasons. Marvel did it first, for a 10 year period, and it culminated in spectacular fashion with IW and possibly EGame. The other reason is that DC blew their one chance to get it right for the first time. You only get one chance to do something for the first time, and they blew it, so the novelty of seeing these characters together for the first time is gone, tainted. Can WB make a series of films with characters that audiences are emotionally invested in, thus leading to a team film eventually, yeah. However, they're still using the same actors and characters from the first tainted JL movie and if all the new DC movies are barely connected or just using little references, then I don't see a JL 2 being that different from what got already. It's too early to tell, I guess.

General movie going audience will forget about the mess that JL was. Time heals wounds if they get the solos right they will be fine with JL2. They just need 3 to 5 years break from a JL2.

NEWSNewly Discovered ‘Justice League’ Concept Art Shows Early Aquaman SuitPublished 1 min ago on 24/01/2019 By John Garza
Aquaman Concept Art 0 Comments
Justice League Aquaman Concept Design
Recently released images have surfaced online that appears to show Aquaman in his traditional Gold and Green suit that would have appeared in Justice League. Concept Artist Constantine Sekeris has shared what he designed for Michael Wilkinson. What you’ll notice is the classic suit was always there, it was just reserved for Aquaman.

The similarities from this Justice League concept art and the final suit design in Aquaman are very telling. Many people, myself included, assumed Zack specifically left Aquaman’s original design alone. With this concept art, that appears to not be the case.

Check out the images below:

Aquaman Concept Suit Design

constantine-sekeris-aquamanposed-layer-renders08baa-copy.jpg

more here
https://dcfilmshub.com/newly-discovered-justice-league-concept-art-shows-early-aquaman-suit/

looks like there was at least a attempt at a classic approach to aquamans costume for bvs or jl

Back