• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Why Would a Seller Not Send Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasong888

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I was in negotiations with a Freaks member and asked for pictures, but he refused to send them to me and claimed the statue is mint. Is there a reason why a seller would refuse to send pictures? As a buyer, it is important to make sure you know what exactly you are buying, right? As a seller, it is important to reaffirm the buyer they will be satisfied with the purchase. So again, why refuse to send pictures of the statue unless there was something suspicious going on?

box may be sealed and doesn't want to crack it open.

Otherwise, should be able to send pics.

box may be sealed and doesn't want to crack it open.

Otherwise, should be able to send pics.

didn't mention that the box was still sealed. in fact, he took his for sale thread down for some reason too. not sure why he did that either.

So I was in negotiations with a Freaks member and asked for pictures, but he refused to send them to me and claimed the statue is mint. Is there a reason why a seller would refuse to send pictures? As a buyer, it is important to make sure you know what exactly you are buying, right? As a seller, it is important to reaffirm the buyer they will be satisfied with the purchase. So again, why refuse to send pictures of the statue unless there was something suspicious going on?

If he was selling it MISB, I wouldn't either. The minute you cut that seal, you devalue the piece in some people's eyes. But WTF does this have to do with the forum itself? :dunno

Probably a scam. If it was MISB, how would he/she exactly KNOW that it's mint? I would crack it open just to be certain there wasn't any defects. Was the boardee a new or old member? Did that person have feedback? It's always better to be safe than sorry. If they refused to send me pics I would back out of the deal.

Unless it's sealed, there's no reason a seller shouldn't be able to provide pictures.

Edited as I now know who he's talking about.

There's no scam here just a POS buyer trying to get attention......:monkey4

Last edited:
If he was selling it MISB, I wouldn't either. The minute you cut that seal, you devalue the piece in some people's eyes. But WTF does this have to do with the forum itself? :dunno

the fact that it's a seller on this forum

Probably a scam. If it was MISB, how would he/she exactly KNOW that it's mint? I would crack it open just to be certain there wasn't any defects. Was the boardee a new or old member? Did that person have feedback? It's always better to be safe than sorry. If they refused to send me pics I would back out of the deal.

he's been a member since 2008 and has 5 feedback score. yeah, i'm kinda glad he didn't sell it to me in case it was a possible scam.

What were U trying 2 buy?

does it matter?

Names......:impatient:

pm me if u want to know

on a side note, i'm not sure why this was moved to the Want to Buy/Trade section. i just wanted people's input and try to understand why a seller would refuse to send pictures.

I know the fact it is not lazy or scam. Its more about trust. Words of mouth should be as good as pictures. If he stated it is in mint condition, its better be in mint condition. Thats why we have the feedback thread.

I know the fact it is not lazy or scam. Its more about trust. Words of mouth should be as good as pictures. If he stated it is in mint condition, its better be in mint condition. Thats why we have the feedback thread.

pics are better, but l guess you can take his word for it. pay him threw paypal and if there is any defects file a complaint with paypal, get your money back and be able keep his statue in turn. that usually how paypal works if your not satisfied.:lol

Even if the statue was boxed and sealed, I don't see why pics couldn't be taken anyway. :dunno At least show the buyer that it is sealed and still in the box.

Just being lazy.

I sometimes don't send pictures because most of the time when people ask pictures, you take the time to make pictures, upload them to your pc, upload them to the net and then they don't buy.

So I usually don't take the time anymore to make pics ...

i guess i learned my lesson from ebay that you can't just trust someone based off feedback and expect not to get burned...especially when you're putting hundreds of dollars on the line (to some that's a lot of money). unless i know the seller personally, then how can i differentiate a trusted seller from a scam. feedback isn't that difficult to gain: get a few friends to sign up, make some fake trades or low costing sales several times, leave positive feedback...DONE! then with you're high feedback you can go and make that one big sale and rip the buyer off and shut down your account. that's why evil-bay needs to get on the ball with enforcing that stuff because that happens a lot. luckily paypal protects the buyer in circumstances like that.

i understand that taking pics, uploading pics, and sending can be time consuming, but that's part of the selling process. i guess if i sell something, i would sell it right and reassure the buyer from the beginning...and it's worked out pretty well so far. you wouldn't buy a car without checking under the hood, would you? like i said, if you don't know what you're buying then it's no longer a purchase...it's a gamble.

i guess different people do business in different ways and i can respect that. however if they want any business from me, as a buyer, then they have to respect my wishes which are to protect myself from getting burned again.

Ask any experienced sellers here, they could tell if the buyers are serious or not. Pictures or no pictures will not make any difference. If people are serious about certain must have piece, they will not hestitate. If you have doubt in the beginning, then you should not follow through with the transaction. We pay a commission to paypal to protect us from getting burn.

If I were the seller, I wouldve just taken pictures. You only have to do it once. Its not that hard. Of course if its MISB, thats different but like someone else mentioned you can still take pics of the box with your handle on a piece of paper.

I guess it just depends on how bad you want to sell it.

Even if the statue was boxed and sealed, I don't see why pics couldn't be taken anyway. :dunno At least show the buyer that it is sealed and still in the box.

Thats what I was thinking too.

Just being lazy.

I sometimes don't send pictures because most of the time when people ask pictures, you take the time to make pictures, upload them to your pc, upload them to the net and then they don't buy.

So I usually don't take the time anymore to make pics ...

Well, don't you only need to take pics once. Its not like they dissapear from your computer after you send them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back