Why UPS is better than FedEx...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture

In my area (which is not too far from Darthrazz) UPS service was awful to the point that I changed my preferred method on SSC to FedEx.

But I agree it comes down to the driver. Lately (knock on wood) my UPS service has been much better.

I haven't had any problems with either, but I will admit that Randy the UPS driver is awesome to me. It is probably sad that I order so much crap with my Amazon Prime membership that he knows me and and the GF by name. I'll even add that he takes my packages to her office because her bank is in his route.

Nope. Not rich. But people think we can't do without the post office when there are alternatives, but NASA is being gutted when there is no viable commercial alternative.

I'm not going to make some right-wing plea against all government spending, but can we be smarter about it at least?

I'm not even saying get rid of USPS, they are effective at delivering the mail. But they cannot compete with UPS or FedEX without going billions over their annual budget. That needs to change.

I honestly think NASA is getting waaaaaaaaaay too much of our tax dollars to spend on redundant ____. Billions for a robot to check out Mars? In a struggling economy? Um.... yeah. :lol

my delivery guy is named jim...............I HATE HIM.......:mad:
[ame="https://youtu.be/4DUWmeRLVRw"]https://youtu.be/4DUWmeRLVRw[/ame]

I'll take USPS any day over either. UPS took 3 extra days past the delivery date to get my HT Supes to me. In addition I sent a figure via UPS at the UPS store and it cost me twice the amount to ship than it would have with parcel post, yet the delivery time would have been the same.
Oh, yeah and USPS delivers on Saturday without charging an extra fee.

My local UPS, Fed Ex and USPS are all good and I've never had a problem with any of them.

Same here...they all wrap my boxes in plastic bags to protect them if it's raining even though we have a covered porch; and they both leave treats for my dog even though she barks at them like crazy. My UPS guy dropped off GI Joe Viper and Gree last night and I gave him a bag of homemade Christmas cookies to thank him for being so considerate. It's karma...if you're nice to them chances are they'll be nice to you.

Yeah, I didn't get that post either. :dunno :lol

It's perfectly clear...we are searching for life on other planets, and for answers to the creation of the universe, and at the same time, the post office is price gouging us with our Sideshow purchases. Thank god the Hubble is up there to discover affordable shipping solutions. And hot chicks in bikinis!! :yess:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViInV_raeXk[/ame]'

It happened again!

Put it this way I would bet money that both houses have been problem houses for the driver in the past. The FedEx driver probably had the people get mad they didn't get delivery because they didn't answer their giant gate and said why couldn't he just out it on other side of gate, well guess what next time he did.:lol

Just goes to show you why you don't piss off you delivery people, kind of like you don't piss off your server.

It's perfectly clear...we are searching for life on other planets, and for answers to the creation of the universe, and at the same time, the post office is price gouging us with our Sideshow purchases. Thank god the Hubble is up there to discover affordable shipping solutions. And hot chicks in bikinis!! :yess:

Honestly, I could give two ____s or a ____ about life on other planets and answers to the creation of the universe, given the state of the economy. That's money and genius better spent on pulling the world out of the toilet it's swirling around like a floatie in. :lol

Mars would be a good place to explore for mining purposes. Then again, this planet would have to be a hell of a lot richer than it is right now, and most countries seem more interested in pouring their wealth into the pockets of politicians, their friends, and their pets than actually augmenting it.

Private companies would do a better job of delivering mail, and private companies would do a better job of getting into space. That said, I'd rather see government space programs than government food, healthcare and education.

Back