Why UPS is better than FedEx...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horror That's terrible.

In my experiences, the local FedEx driver will just leave packages on the sidewalk in front of my house for anybody to come along and take, while the UPS driver actually takes the time to put them between my screen door and front door. I never use FedEx if I can help it.

The latest is that the computer monitor is broken, it will be replaced, and Fed Ex is going to take disciplinary action against their driver. Don't know what that means, but I think this guy should have a few resumes ready.

I think USPS will take him.

I think USPS will take him.

:rotfl I picked up a box of painted resin heads from USPS last year and the usps guy decided to twirl it around before handing it to me. It slipped out of his clumsy hands and dropped on the ground. The worst part is that he tried to pretend like it didn't happen:slap Thankfully nothing was damaged. :monkey4

At least it was an accident, the morons in these videos are just plain malicious.

Yep all depends on the driver. The UPS and USPS are really nice around my area. But if I caught them throwing my boxes around well there trucks would be egged or tires slashed :lol

I've never had a problem with FedEx, UPS, or USPS. I think maybe having my packages delivered to me here in the office is beneficial that way. :D

Here, they always ring the door, and they put it in the hall for me, the FedEx guy even puts it on my sofa if it's too heavy for me to carry.

Guess some areas just have a-hole couriers.

Absolutely. Though neither is acceptable, tossing a garment bag =/= tossing a computer monitor. :lol

I've only ever had one issue with USPS and that was the non-delivery of a box needed for a charity event (delivery was not guaranteed and the holiday schedule forced the postponement). They told me where I could meet the driver along the route and pick it up. Other than that, no issues. On the other hand, at my old apartment, I've had the FedEx driver toss a package up to a mock-balcony (no sliding glass door and a sealed window - visible from the ground), thinking we would somehow reach it, and even explain to me why a package which was shipped 2Day took him a week to deliver because he'd lost it in his truck. :cuckoo:

You can find examples in any shipping company of people who don't give a crap.

I've never had a problem with UPS or FedEx. Those two companies do their job, profitably, without digging into my pocket as a tax payer. They aren't running billions of dollars in the red unlike USPS.

I'm inclined to think USPS should get out of the parcels shipping business and go to first class flat mail pieces only.

You can find examples in any shipping company of people who don't give a crap.

I've never had a problem with UPS or FedEx. Those two companies do their job, profitably, without digging into my pocket as a tax payer. They aren't running billions of dollars in the red unlike USPS.

I'm inclined to think USPS should get out of the parcels shipping business and go to first class flat mail pieces only.

Must be nice being filthy rich. :lol

Nope. Not rich. But people think we can't do without the post office when there are alternatives, but NASA is being gutted when there is no viable commercial alternative.

I'm not going to make some right-wing plea against all government spending, but can we be smarter about it at least?

I'm not even saying get rid of USPS, they are effective at delivering the mail. But they cannot compete with UPS or FedEX without going billions over their annual budget. That needs to change.

I think the worst for me was with UPS. Two months ago all the water mains on my block were being replaced , needless to say my block was all torn up and blocked off. It was however open to local traffic. My mail was delivered, Fed Ex managed to deliver two packages my wife ordered. Yet, when i checked UPS Tracking online, it said exception.

I called UPS and they said that the driver was not able to gain access to the street or something along those lines. I normally wouldn't care , but it was my 6 year old daughter's Seizure medication that was being delivered.

I called customer service and explained it was medication , they said that the driver would deliver the next day, not too friendly by the way. Next day comes, no medicine, same crap. Mail got through and FedEx delivered a box to my neighbor!

I just eventually picked it up myself. I think my driver was just lazy. Saw the road was being worked on and didn't bother.

No doubt that does sound lazy. I hope your daughter is OK. Having a sick kid puts all of life's other problems in perspective.

Back