Why support or buy anything from these guys..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering they own a majority of the US debt, you don't want to piss of the Chinese. If we decided to boycott or limit Chinese imports, they just may try to cash in all the government issued treasury notes and further bankrupt the US.

But something needs to be done, that's for sure. Are there absolutely zero regulations and standards for production over there? Or does their government just not care?

Edit: Why support or buy anything from these guys..

It's quite ironic, we pay so much money for china quality.

But something needs to be done, that's for sure. Are there absolutely zero regulations and standards for production over there? Or does their government just not care?
Their government cares (and regulates) insomuch as the bad publicity affects the international perception of China as a good place to buy from. In other words, they function the same as the U.S., except we are a democracy, so the government here also cares what the domestic population thinks.

We support/buy from China because they are better than us. I would guess 90+% of YOUR collectibles were made in China.

Too bad not everything is Hot Toys quality.
HT should back a coup of the Chinese govt and run everything.

Their government cares (and regulates) insomuch as the bad publicity affects the international perception of China as a good place to buy from. In other words, they function the same as the U.S., except we are a democracy, so the government here also cares what the domestic population thinks.

We support/buy from China because they are better than us. I would guess 90+% of YOUR collectibles were made in China.

They are cheaper than us, not better.

oh my god!!!!

Why support or buy anything from these guys..????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better <> cheaper

You want to offend our future overlords. . .that's your business. I want to go on record as saying that Obama should have bowed to Hu Jintao.

:lol :lol

Give it time, he will

When China comes calling to collect on over 1 trillion in U.S. treasury debt securities, we'll all be bowing down to grab our ankles in 7 years.
How would you like to face a nuclear armed repo-man?

How would you like to face a nuclear armed repo-man?
If they hire this man:

RepoMan.jpg

. . .then we are all screwed. But, at least we have more nukes :) Together all life on earth may be destroyed, but at least we will destroy more of it than they will! :joy

They need us. Who else is gonna buy their ^^^^?

Actually, that's exactly right. China wouldn't ever want to see the fall of the US because the income from exports would drop off severely. Add to that the fact that all the securities/US bonds that they own (from buying down our debt) is paid in US dollars, so they don't want to see the dollar do poorly.

Except, there's been talk by Obama's tax cheat Secretary of the Treasury Tim Geitner that he would consider going to a "one world currency," as suggested by the Chinese, in which case the US would be severely screwed.

Think I'm making it up? Google "Geitner and One World Currency"

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=JQr&q=geitner+one+world+currency&btnG=Search

Back