Why..so Serious?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarenced

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, me again with my first attempt at redoing the Joker, comments are welcome!

SDC10353.jpg

SDC10346.jpg

SDC10362.jpg

nice work

a few critiques
- hair is too green
- white is too white, needs to look more like makeup
- too much red on the left side of the face

I don't think the white it too white. The hair is a little too green for my taste, though. I like the sloppy red on around the lips. Very nice work.

Thanks for the kind comments, guys. Yea the hair was irking me alot, realised it was too green after posting the shots, so I popped the head off, used a little thinner,made a few subtle adjustments to the makeup as well, and here they are:

SDC10392.jpg

SDC10385.jpg

There are just certain areas I can't seem to get the excessive green out :(

So, what else shall I do to make this figure really, really shine?

I like it alot. it doesnt look very movie accurate but he does look bat^^^^ crazy. Great job.

looks great!!! i love the red makeup. the hair looks awesome, although not entirely accurate. still an awesome custom all the way around.

Thanks, guys!
It was a scary attempt, tho..was an expensive figure and couldn't afford to muck up. So, I'd really like it to be as screen accurate as possible, so what would you guys recommend to alter to make it better?

Dude, reminds of Arkham Asyulum Joker come to life! Very cool, but not sure about movie accurate. I think it's the hair that's throwing me off the movie. The color needs to be a little more brownish-green. Very cool Joker fig though.

What a wonderful paintjob! You really nailed this crazy, nasty b*tch look.

But honestly you should try to rework the hair (maybe all new). It is a very good first attempt but I think there is much room for improvements... Elvis did one too... Look at his hairstyle... It has a more natural flow and does not look that wet. Dont get me wrong, it is not bad but you asked how to make the head more to shine and from my point of view the weak point at this one is the hair. I never tried/dares to add real hair so I cannot give any how-to-do-tips...

:)

I kinda like the hair...It makes it look really unique. I have a suggestion for it though, Paint higher up the forehead and onto the hair, I think that'd bring it together.

It reminds me of joker with rabbies.

Thanks guys, for the feedback, will try to rework it, so many suggestions, but all constructive! Now I need to find my balls to rework the hair entirely..time to go this Sunday to the fleamarket and get me a new donor head! (ran outta hair!)

And King, you're right bout Elvis' rework on the Joker, it's awesome!

Watch this space for updates :)

Awesome paint job, make up looks very good and the detail is incredible in the eyes. Top score my friend! :rock

Hi Again, guys!
Thanks for the comments, and for the suggestions.
Tried reworking the hair and make-up in a subtle manner.
1)Pulled the make-up higher and slightly into the hairline
2)Added thicker make-up in certain areas of the face
3)Removed make-up in certain portions of the face e.g his forehead creases
4)Changed the hair color to a darker, almost brownish green
5)Added volume to the hair down at the sides
6)Changed the hairline at the top (ever so slightly for fear of ^^^^^ing up even further :lol )

SDC10421.jpg

SDC10428.jpg

I love the second picture, it looks sorta real, if I do say so myself.

Will post up more pics as soon as I'm done charging my camera.

Well I tried!!! Till my index finger literally got burnt from the superglue! A chunk of skin got ripped out, I have a blister but daymn it feels good! :rotfl

Okay, I think this is the most I can go till I can find another BR Joker to work with to practice. ( Gonna be helluva expensive to procure another figure) I don't think I got the hair right, so it's time to work together with basically anyone of you guys to perfect it. Marvel Team-up, anyone? :lol

Oh, and by the way, I will be modding this figure in another way, to make the clothes really stand out..again, watch this space!

Back