Why so many Premium Formats cancelled?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The value of 1/6 scale figures sucks compared to PF's. Back in the day (2007-ish) you could get one PF or 4-5 12 inch figures. Now you can't even get two X-Wing Lukes for the price of one Catwoman PF. Even if you think big Vader is too pricey at $499 that same amount of money will still get you no more than two 12 inch figures.
Well, it depends. If you're just talking SSC, I agree. They 1/6 quality apparently plateaued a few years back (when some of the Joes were released), yet the prices keep rising. 1/4 scale statues are still roughly the same quality, but prices are pretty constant. But Hot Toys is significantly better than they used to be, and so I personally think their costs are justified. You may pay a little less than half the price of a PF for some figures, but you're getting better quality paintwork and clothing in most cases. So, I think it balances out.

I think it balances out.

Balance this!

Yrwi2XS.gif

It's mostly from licensors pulling the plug

"Sideshow fights back."

"Yes, it launches its NRD's against the targets at Hot Toys."

"Why attack Hot Toys, aren't they our friends now?"

"Because Sideshow knows the Hot Toys counter-attack will eliminate its enemies over here."

a lot of the premium format faces don't look as good as sixth scales. plus they're reposeable, but some people pose them like toys. premium formats look more epic though if you have the room.

It's price , plain and simple. The market for 500+ statues is limited . Many more people can afford a 100-250 price range. It comes down to simple economics. How many more 1/6 figures can they unload at what profit versus how many PF 's can they make a profit on?

Back