Why no Terminator 3 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i had a choice between any T3 character against a T1 character then T1 wins hands down. A Traxler, Vukovich or T1 Police Station shootout figures would be much more popular in my opinion.

Who?
Now a T1 Sarah I think could be cool.

Who?
Now a T1 Sarah I think could be cool.

Thats Henriksen and Winfield aka the detectives, i was keeping to the shootout only. Sarah and Kyle pretty much hide and then run from the T-800 during the shootout so who has the shootout T-800 got to fight?

I think the biggest character during the " police shootout " was actually the trashed police station to me. It just showed how powerless and unready they were for a terminator. So the best thing to compliment a police shoot out t-800 would be a nice diorama of a trashed hallway or something. HT should consider making environments for their figures

I think the biggest character during the " police shootout " was actually the trashed police station to me. It just showed how powerless and unready they were for a terminator. So the best thing to compliment a police shoot out t-800 would be a nice diorama of a trashed hallway or something. HT should consider making environments for their figures

1/4 size dio ? :)

Hell yeah! Real scattered 1:4 paperwork you can pick up and read with a magnifying glass!

With all this talk about t-3 I just re-watched it tonight, still the worst of the bunch, but its still a terminator movie so I don't hate it. I would buy a t-850 if hot toys made one but don't think it will happen soon if ever. The only chance of them making it is after they have made everything needed from the first two films, so after that well has run dry then maybe.

I just rewatched the whole trilogy over the Easter break to see how they all compare.

Must be 20 years since I've actually watched T1.

While I remember all 3 well, there was much I had forgotten.

T1:
Music is 80s awful
Special effects are horribly out dated ....modern sculpts from HT and Enterbay look waaaay better than the rubber Arnie head used when the red robot eye is shown. That thing looks awful even compared to other early 80s movies.

Didn't realize how inconsistent Arnie's 'acting' is. Sometimes he moves like the robot/terminator we know and love, sometimes he just walks and changes direction like a normal human. Its pretty funny when you start to notice it, like he just forgets at times.

The story is so tightly driven and to the point though. No fat at all.

T2:
Easily the most epic and well done of the three. The jump in scale and execution from 1 to 2 is kind of mental in hindsight.
Arnies T-800 mannerisms really kick into gear here and he is on the entire time and looks great.
I was surprised at how well the special effects held up. Cameron really knew how to hide everything well so 20yrs later it still looks mostly acceptable and at times great.
In hindsight its amusing to see how cheaply manipulative James Cameron was in making the killer robot loveable (though I think he perfected cheap manipulation at a level never to be surpassed with Avatar....)

Linda Hamilton is just awesome in both, first as the ditzy airhead then as the seasoned warrior.

When it first came out, I preferred the darker road ending to the special edition happy old Sarah ending later released, but watching them now I think the happy ending works better to close the two movies.

T3
I was surprised that some of the action (particularly the long chase scene) was better than anything in T1 or T2. Helped along by an absurd budget and modern CGI they really went over the top in an enjoyable way.

There were bits I really liked ....Arnie being the same Terminator that killed John conner in the future plus the ending being such a downer and bringing everything full circle were interesting touches,

And Arnie still had some good one liners, particularly: "Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death". Arnie was still great in it.

Definitely the weakest and most popcorn flick of the three but they are all fairly silly so that didn't bother me.
They were almost slapstick at times. The T800 vs T1000 fight felt dark and scary, the T850 vs TX fight was hilarious and WWE like fun.

The TX while hot, wasn't well thought out. Its like they just threw in everything at once. "This one is a woman, and liquid metal and with an skeleton, and can control machines and can fire a laser canon, and has a flamethrower!!"

But I think no Hamilton or Furlong hurt the movie more than anything. Hamilton pulled out but they fired Furlong for drug problems....that was a bad mistake. Should have waited till the kid was out of rehab or gave him a baby sitter on set or something.
The guy that replaced him just wasn't John Conner.... and why was Claire Danes there? If you're going to put in a romantic suplot then you should...you know....actually put in some romance in a subplot.

...and the story that the Terminators were now sent back to kill Conner's sidekicks was just bad. But what else could they have done really...at that point it was always going to be rehashing...maybe sending back a Terminator to the summer of love in the swinging 60s to kill Sarah Conners parents? :D

Its interesting watching them all back to back.
Now dare I watch Salvation ? :D :D

...and the story that the Terminators were now sent back to kill Conner's sidekicks was just bad. But what else could they have done really...at that point it was always going to be rehashing...maybe sending back a Terminator to the summer of love in the swinging 60s to kill Sarah Conners parents?

I'd totally watch that!

"Groovy, baby..."

I can't believe anyone thinks this is worse than Salvation... that movie was ____ing horrendous...

Bottomline, i would buy a T-X in a heartbeat (HT could stand to make another chick)... and from Salvation, i wish i could buy the parts to make a real time machine to make that movie never happen.

They had a great reveal with Marcus, but botched it by having him revealed as cyborg in the trailers... stupidity at best there... would have been cool for the reveal to take place as he is walking across the mine field and they start sticking to him... but nope!

Once again, McG for the lose!

M.

Bottomline, i would buy a T-X in a heartbeat (HT could stand to make another chick)...

I wouldn't mind a certain Terminator chick...

SummerGlau2342602.jpg

not my fav of the series
probably would pickup a t3 figure
im a huge arny fan

. . .

T1:
Music is 80s awful
Special effects are horrible
T2:
Cameron really knew how to hide everything well so 20yrs later it still looks mostly acceptable and at times great.
When it first came out, I preferred the darker road ending to the special edition happy old Sarah ending later released, but watching them now I think the happy ending works better to close the two movies.
T3:
Definitely the weakest and most popcorn flick of the three but they are all fairly silly so that didn't bother me.
The TX while hot, wasn't well thought out. Its like they just threw in everything at once. "This one is a woman, and liquid metal and with an skeleton, and can control machines and can fire a laser canon, and has a flamethrower!"
The guy that replaced him just wasn't John Conner...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/ame]

I can't believe anyone thinks this is worse than Salvation... that movie was ____ing horrendous...

Bottomline, i would buy a T-X in a heartbeat (HT could stand to make another chick)... and from Salvation, i wish i could buy the parts to make a real time machine to make that movie never happen.

They had a great reveal with Marcus, but botched it by having him revealed as cyborg in the trailers... stupidity at best there... would have been cool for the reveal to take place as he is walking across the mine field and they start sticking to him... but nope!

Once again, McG for the lose!

M.

that's like arguing which is worse b/w Avp and AvpR, it's just preference, something unique to most human beings.

LOL I miss Scrubs.....

But I don't get what your disagreeing with here based on what you've cut and pasted?

You think the effects in T1 still look great while the effects in T2 look bad?
You think T3 is not the weakest of the 3 ?
That the TX was well thought out?
That the actor in T3 made a good John Conner? (okay this one is subjective)

?

LOL I miss Scrubs.....

But I don't get what your disagreeing with here based on what you've cut and pasted?

You think the effects in T1 still look great while the effects in T2 look bad?
You think T3 is not the weakest of the 3 ?
That the TX was well thought out?
That the actor in T3 made a good John Conner? (okay this one is subjective)
?
He wasn't bad..I wish they would have gone with Shane West though. He just feels so much like John Conner.
He could've played him in Salvation as well..

....I do agree with the effects in T1, though. I recently watched it again and cringed during the scene following the semi truck explosion... :thud:

The Terminator effects are fine. It was made in 1984 with a small budget. You people need to stop judging effects as they look today, and judge them when they came out.

Plus, who gives a rats ass about them? The story is great, and the characters are amazing. It's better then T2. Harder edged, cooler soundtrack. And very creative effects.

It didn't ruin the movie for me..I get that it was a long time ago, but it still looks terrible.
I'm talking about when the Terminator is chasing Kyle and Sarah into the factory.

The Terminator effects are fine. It was made in 1984 with a small budget. You people need to stop judging effects as they look today, and judge them when they came out.

Plus, who gives a rats ass about them? The story is great, and the characters are amazing. It's better then T2. Harder edged, cooler soundtrack. And very creative effects.

You make allowances when watching old movies and accept its not going to be up to par. Doesn't mean you are not aware and can't comment on how bad some of these things can look now.

It didn't ruin the movie for me..I get that it was a long time ago, but it still looks terrible.
I'm talking about when the Terminator is chasing Kyle and Sarah into the factory.

I actually thought that part looked okay. I thought the Arnie rubber head was by far the worst.

Back