1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Yeah, once Snoke wiped the floor with Hux, I was kind of done with him. Comic relief villain.

Then Snoke was cut in half so easily that I was done with him. So was Star Wars.

That left Kylo, who is so Force sense-deprived that he missed that Luke wasn't even present while fighting, so, yeah, now I kind of done with him.

No good villains anymore. By comparison, they all make Krennic seem like a Darth Vader-level villain.

:goodpost::exactly:
Every single character has been caricatured in that movie :slap
Very hard to see how any of them would bolster broad appeal enough to warrant development, but hey, who knows???

I'd buy a Hux if HT were to make one. Pretty sure they'd perfectly nail his expression and stare from Starkiller speech.

Pretty sure they'd perfectly nail his expression and stare from Starkiller speech.

F Hux.jpg

Yeah...no interest in this guy; he was way over the top and TLJ made him look even sillier.

If he came with the above expression and his sweet winged-hat, I might consider... :D

I would definitely get Hux. I always wish more imperial officers are made.

After TFA I don't think I could. First they make him out to be a tough guy, then a joke. Imagine if they'd done this to a Krennic type figure.

Nah, I'm out for any TLJ figures. I'd like Poe in flightgear, but that may not be released until later in the year or for Ep 9.

In the mean time I'm still hoping Ht gets back to some OT and Rogue One figures post Solo into the second half of the year.

SDCC will be a pretty interesting event this year. Especially for which figures they don't show...

Agree with the last bit. Veers, Ozzel, Piett would be amazing (Veers is my biggest want).

Any First Order character would be swerved though. Hux is dreadful which is really disappointing as Gleeson is a good actor.

Release Baze Hot Toys! Chirrut is lost without him. I have resorted to the black series version with forced perspective for now :/

After TFA I don't think I could. First they make him out to be a tough guy, then a joke. Imagine if they'd done this to a Krennic type figure.

Nah, I'm out for any TLJ figures. I'd like Poe in flightgear, but that may not be released until later in the year or for Ep 9.

In the mean time I'm still hoping Ht gets back to some OT and Rogue One figures post Solo into the second half of the year.

SDCC will be a pretty interesting event this year. Especially for which figures they don't show...

I don't want flight suit Poe now. I would have bought it pre TLJ though.

That mess just tanked the new characters. I regret most of my TFA purchases. Nice one Rian.

....Nice one Rian !!

I bet most toy companies CEO's are saying this on a daily basis. :lol

But on the plus side it perhaps increases the chances of HT coming back to Baze, Cassian and Krennic. If even only by a wee little bit...

I bet most toy companies CEO's are saying this on a daily basis. :lol

But on the plus side it perhaps increases the chances of HT coming back to Baze, Cassian and Krennic. If even only by a wee little bit...

Still hold out some hope that Baze will materialise.

Krennic has a chance due to the popularity of Tarkin. Imperials sell. And sell well.

A Choking Ozzel would be boss :)

That mess just tanked the new characters. I regret most of my TFA purchases. Nice one Rian.

This is how I feel. Of the new characters, I only liked Rey, Poe and Hux after TFA. After TLJ, my list is down to Rey, and the porgs. Rey is literally the only character I find interesting after two movies, and as someone who always tried to find the best in Star Wars, that's problematic.

When I posted about Hux I obviously was in the moment. I had just finished up a couple novels and most recently, Phasma. They do a good job of giving the First Order a very "Imperial" feel in the novels. So it was all pretty reactive and I apologize for fueling the fire :slap

I feel the same way. No excitement about anything new Star Wars.

I feel the same way. No excitement about anything new Star Wars.

I think that's the same for most of us. It's like a vacuum. Also the time until the next film is so long. But I guess they have decided on that on purpose to let the dust settle on TFA, and give fans time to forget about it all. Well that's the theory :)

Puts even more pressure on Solo though. If Solo is a bomb I'd say there there will be a lot of casual film goers (well and core fans even) who won't even bother with Ep9.

Also the time until the next film is so long.

I found a young one!!!!

Back in olden times, we had to wait THREE years between sequels.

Kids today would have hung themselves, its too damn long. But then you really appreciated what you got -- even if it was ROTJ.

Back