Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always wanted one before but now with Rogue One and reading the novel Tarkin novel I need one of these to complete my collection!

I bought Dorgmal Snows custom Tarkin as a place holder until Hot Toys release theirs.

fa27ed287b96452f6289b0b12d2178af.jpg

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

I bought Dorgmal Snows custom Tarkin as a place holder until Hot Toys release theirs.

fa27ed287b96452f6289b0b12d2178af.jpg

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

I got this sculpt from scotty b about two years ago I think. I still got to paint the correct coloring on the badge part yet.IMG_0196.jpg

I'd probably get a Tarkin and Veers if they were ever made. Would be nice to have some uniformed officers among the sea of Stormtroopers.

Is a Tarkin figure even possible with the loss of Cushing's likeness rights? LFL had to get special permission from his estate for his appearance in Rogue One. It sounds like Carrie's rights are now in the same legal status. The actors in SW signed away likeness rights "for life". Those rights are now gone and must be negotiated per each use unless a new agreement is reached with Cushing or Fisher's families..

It's been years since Tarkin was featured on a poster, video cover, merchandise, or any new Star Wars material.

Is a Tarkin figure even possible with the loss of Cushing's likeness rights? LFL had to get special permission from his estate for his appearance in Rogue One. It sounds like Carrie's rights are now in the same legal status. The actors in SW signed away likeness rights "for life". Those rights are now gone and must be negotiated per each use unless a new agreement is reached with Cushing or Fisher's families..

It's been years since Tarkin was featured on a poster, video cover, merchandise, or any new Star Wars material.

The Tarkin book , and his appearances in Rebels have happened over the last couple of years.

s-l500.jpg

Just got this from ebay. Not perfect, but I think it will be a decent kitbash when it is finished.

It was a bidding round I won from a private user. Did not seem to be any other sculpt for sale, but the username was "michelleetong".

That looks great. Anything to hold you over until an official one, if ever, is released. I'd love it if someone did one of those Yunsil customs for the Grand Moff with a custom sculpt. I'd be all over that.

You mean something like this?

My own custom sculpt,on a slightly modified Adm. Piett from SSC(I have a mold of the sculpt,for those who are interested)...P

Back