Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is talking about Tarkin, but I don't see anyone mentioning CGI Jimmy Smits. Man, they really bought him back to life! I thought his career was dead years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So at least now we know why HT have been holding off on Tarkin, and not giving him any love. Just a matter of time now. My tip hell be in the second wave with Cassian, Krennic & a special edition Vader.....

My SW collection, so far, only consists of OT figures...yes I managed to pass on all TFA figures. A Tarkin figure would be welcome on my shelf!

My SW collection, so far, only consists of OT figures...yes I managed to pass on all TFA figures. A Tarkin figure would be welcome on my shelf!
yep the same no TFA or R1 maybe vader or tarkin. for now at least I have my custom of tarkin to an official version ever comes out.

I passed on all TFA figures too. I would have gotten Poe and Hux because the actors playing them are awesome. I'm just afraid that as soon as we hit 2017, it's full steam ahead with Marvel and DC again, and all requests for more from Rogue One are ignored. Why do I sound surprised...it's HT here. I hope I'm wrong though. I need Tarkin.

So at least now we know why HT have been holding off on Tarkin, and not giving him any love. Just a matter of time now. My tip hell be in the second wave with Cassian, Krennic & a special edition Vader.....

The two words that should not have been chosen...

What if it's Sideshow instead of Hot Toys that releases Tarkin?

Grand Moff Tarkin: A New Hope Sixth Scale Figure specially features:

•Fully articulated body
•New highly detailed portrait
•Multi-layered fabric costume
•Rank badging
•Two (2) sets of hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
•"Leather like" belt
•One (1) pair of detailed boots
•Death Star stand/base

Price: $249.00

•Fully articulated body
•Rank badging
•"Leather like" belt
•Death Star stand/base

Eh...hem....Nooooooooooooooooo!

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

Everyone is talking about Tarkin, but I don't see anyone mentioning CGI Jimmy Smits. Man, they really bought him back to life! I thought his career was dead years ago...

No man he's been around. Last I saw him was a couple of years back in Sons of Anarchy=great show

Whoever it was that said Tarkin's badge changed in RO, and he was awarded the 3 gold bars, was incorrect.

I looked for it and he has the same badge throughout the entire movie.

•Fully articulated body
•Rank badging
•"Leather like" belt
•Death Star stand/base

I'd buy it but maybe not for $250

Went for a second viewing, can't say Tarkin's cg was perfect. Everything was so off with the actual actors and he was kind of floaty and shiney looking. But the cg mouth work was amazing nonetheless.

I'd buy it but maybe not for $250

Yeah, I'd grab Tarkin, but he'd need to be one of those lower Leia-type pricepoint figures - in the $205-220 range.

Like Leia, he's basically just a head, fairly basic outfit, boots and belt.

Went for a second viewing, can't say Tarkin's cg was perfect. Everything was so off with the actual actors and he was kind of floaty and shiney looking. But the cg mouth work was amazing nonetheless.

I found it interesting that even in 2016, with the enormous budget they had and the knowledge that the CGI Tarkin would be closely scrutinized, they still couldn't quite nail a photorealistic human. The uncanny valley still persists, even for ILM.

Seems like they got a bit cocky showing him so close-up and for shots that went on for so long. The best CGI recreations (I'm thinking Douglas in Antman and to some degree the young Terminator Arnie) know to keep it brief and wider, preferably with some movement and other stuff to distract the viewer.

•Fully articulated body
•Rank badging
•"Leather like" belt
•Death Star stand/base

If sideshow makes it, $249 is a really hopeful price point.

Yeah, I'd grab Tarkin, but he'd need to be one of those lower Leia-type pricepoint figures - in the $205-220 range.

Like Leia, he's basically just a head, fairly basic outfit, boots and belt.

I found it interesting that even in 2016, with the enormous budget they had and the knowledge that the CGI Tarkin would be closely scrutinized, they still couldn't quite nail a photorealistic human. The uncanny valley still persists, even for ILM.

Seems like they got a bit cocky showing him so close-up and for shots that went on for so long. The best CGI recreations (I'm thinking Douglas in Antman and to some degree the young Terminator Arnie) know to keep it brief and wider, preferably with some movement and other stuff to distract the viewer.

Tarkin was just stiff and floaty, I can't imagine how everyone is able to say he's lifelike :lol Leia is the worst I believe, she had the same expression throughout the scene. :slap

Tarkin was just stiff and floaty, I can't imagine how everyone is able to say he's lifelike :lol Leia is the worst I believe, she had the same expression throughout the scene. :slap

Leia really reminded me of the animated Snow White for some reason. The way her mouth moved maybe - like she was about to sing.:lol

Back