Why no Barad Dur?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hecubus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion about a Sideshow Barad Dur? I searched the best I could and didnt see anything... I for one would buy this in a heartbeat - the bigger the better.

Danbury Mint did one a while back. Its an alright piece but hopefully since Weta has the rights to do the environments they will get that in the line of environments to do.

Yeah I own the Danbury one - its actually pretty well done. The only thing lacking IMO is the paint job. Its just odd to me that with all the LOTR environments Sideshow did, this never got any attention.

Yeah, I don't know why that one wasn't done. Don't think any of us came up with an answer.

Im guessing we'll be seeing Weta do one sooner rather than later,they have confirmed there will be a new environment revealed at SDCC

I wouldn't mind that either but I would love to get Barad-Dur and a Weta version of Minas Tirith.

Don't quote me on it, but I think Barad Dur was one of the ones that were supposed to be done, but the line stopped and that was that.

Sometimes I really regret selling off some (not all) of my Weta pieces. Watching the EE's in theaters the last couple weeks, I was saying to myself "Geez, I shoulda kept my Gandalf on Shadowfax" (among a couple other pieces)...I may backtrack and get some of them. Then again I am really happy with the maquette line right now and probably will just keep up on those.

Yeah, I miss a few of my old pieces but am happy with how things are going right now so I'll wait to go back and get some of them.

Has there been any discussion about a Sideshow Barad Dur? I searched the best I could and didnt see anything... I for one would buy this in a heartbeat - the bigger the better.

Have you seen the new ones that Weta are doing? Argonath, Bag End, Prancing Pony, Rivendell.....?They made them when in the SSW partnership and didn't do one then because of the DM one, and even said they didn't think people would want another one, but since going back to the line they've had a poll and Barad Dur came in the top 3 with Orthanc (pre-ruin) and Grond, and i think we'll see it very soon, maybe even at SDCC.

This website should help you out some! : www.wetacollectors.com

i would like to see one. i have really been impressed with the new weta environments so far. have yet to pick one up but i am leaning towards going ahead and getting bag end, the argonath, rivendell, the pony, etc. i would definitely buy a barad dur and orthanc.

I'd like to see Barad-Dur, but hopefully they make a new pre-ruined Orthanc as well as a counterpiece. Maybe they could sell them in a special Two Towers pack?

Well now that pre-ruin Orthanc is happening, I'm eager to see a Barad-Dur companion piece. Would be a great Xmas present for next year.

If Bara-dur is to be done, it should come with the Black Gates as well. It could be done in the scale of Rivendell to accomodate both Bara-dur and Black Gates.

Alternatively, they can do just the black gates. In that case, I would wish to see the trolls in chains pushing them at the top.

Do you know how far away the black gates are from Barad-Dur?? Nearly the same as Minas Tirith is from Edoras! :cuckoo:

But yes, i also want a Black Gates enviro. Trolls optional.

Barad-Dur is next and then GROND! Love the environments and thrilled to see them back.

I don't know about Grond. I know it polled well but it seems to be a departure from the spirit of the environments, unless its front was connected to and in the process of destroying some gates.

I don't know about Grond. I know it polled well but it seems to be a departure from the spirit of the environments, unless its front was connected to and in the process of destroying some gates.

Just curious as to where you would lump Grond?
If possible they could create a bookend where Grond is on one side hammering Minas Tirith gates, and on the other side you have an Siege tower scaling the Minas Tirith walls.

One can dream.

Back