Why I'm MaulFan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really need to log all this stuff. A picture like this is a good start.

Awesome collection by the way!

Thank you, and I actually keep Excel spreadsheets of my collectibles because there's a lot to keep track of once you get over 300 Hasbro figures.

Very cool MaulFan, your also missing one other Maul piece. The life size promo Maul replica:

lifesizedarthmaulonstand.jpg

Very cool MaulFan, your also missing one other Maul piece. The life size promo Maul replica:

That's one of my "Grail" pieces. Have part of one, all the cloth components, but still want the full statue.

Make sure to check the arms if you find one, I've heard they loosen or something and look a bit weird after time.

That's about 90% cool, but I always thought the face looked a bit less than realistic. I bet it'd look awesome if someone could kitbash the SSC bust head onto that body.

That's about 90% cool, but I always thought the face looked a bit less than realistic. I bet it'd look awesome if someone could kitbash the SSC bust head onto that body.

Yeah the face isn't nearly as nice as the Sideshow bust, but they still look really cool. I know someone that has one, and the impression in makes on people when they first see it is awesome. I may get ripped to shreds for saying this, but the Jar-Jar one is nice also, and tends to get an equal response.

Yeah the face isn't nearly as nice as the Sideshow bust, but they still look really cool. I know someone that has one, and the impression in makes on people when they first see it is awesome. I may get ripped to shreds for saying this, but the Jar-Jar one is nice also, and tends to get an equal response.

I firmly believe that the character and collectibles can be separate. I love Maul collectiobles but he was hardly in the movie so I'm sure that's odd to some people. Jar Jar may have been annoying on screen to some people, but doesn't mean a well made piece portraying him couldn't impress people. Collectibles are more about the quality of the piece and not the subject matter portrayed, that's why I always open my stuff, I want to enjoy the quality and work put into things and not leave them sealed in a plastic prison.

The guitar's cool, but I tend to stick to figural and realistic pictorial pieces in all of my memorabilia, I think Star Wars goes to far when you see frisbees and things like that get plastered with SW images. I am hunting down a Darth Maul collector plate though, seen one on eBay a few times but not a price I was comfy with yet.

I am surprised you didn't wait to get Medi-Maul before you took your family pic.

Nice pic. :D

Thanks, well, I still live at home, and it just happens that at the moment, circumstances allow me to occupy such a large space for a prolonged period of time, and hell, there could be more than Medi Maul added to the collection by the time he comes out :)

Here's where I keep all of my SW ticket stubs (this isn't a picture of mine as I'm at work but I grabbed this picture on-line). Do you have this head from Applause?

pic_maul_bask.jpg

The Excel Spreadsheet is a good idea... I'm going to have to do that-- it's just a matter of time.:D

I have something you don't have :monkey3

A Maul soap dispenser. It leaks from the bottom so it's just a decoration in the downstairs basement now.

Here's where I keep all of my SW ticket stubs (this isn't a picture of mine as I'm at work but I grabbed this picture on-line). Do you have this head from Applause?

pic_maul_bask.jpg

The Excel Spreadsheet is a good idea... I'm going to have to do that-- it's just a matter of time.:D

That is another pursuit of mine through the bay, along with a figure of Maul that's about 7" tall from Applause, it's him in Theed Duel garbs but with the Tattooine binoculars. I was 15 when TPM came out so between lack of job and collecting resources, my collection was limited to what could be found at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, and my collectibles dealer only got in Hasbro stuff, Applause was more a small comic-shop, Spencer's gifts type of company, too simple and cheap for bigtime collectible dealers and too much for low-end toy dealers. It's hard to see, but one of my other rare/odd items in there is a metal candy tin with a Maul head on the top, i got that as a gift from the family I stayed with in England, I went there when TPM was released. To this day I'm pissed, I was in London a day or two before the TPM premiere there, I wish I could have camped out and been able to see everyone, the place was much more casual than theaters here so it wasn't like there was a crowd ahead of me. I think I had seen some Darth Maul bath things once, but money was tight back then and I knew about toys I had wanted more so I passed on it, I can only imagine how my collection would be if TPM came out now :) I'm happy with where it's at and where it's going, the only thing I really want to add to it is an SSC Maul dio, I have something Maul from every Sideshow Star Wars line except the dios, they need to do that. I don't know if you can spot it well in the mix, but I have an Applause dio of Qui-Obi-Maul dueling just before Maul does his back flip onto the platform, it's really nice for it's scale, the figures on it are Hasbro sized but nice detail and solid materials. For overall quality and design, the 1:1 bust is definitely my most treasured piece, for sentimental value, the first Hasbro 12" Maul holds that honor.

I have something you don't have :monkey3

A Maul soap dispenser. It leaks from the bottom so it's just a decoration in the downstairs basement now.

Mine does the same thing. Which blows, because I really like it.

Back