Why do you love statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't be bothered finding all the 1/6 pics of Barbies and other cheap dolls to post. I don't really need to for people to get it right?

Posting pictures of cheap badly made statues that no one here would have in their house is just as silly as if someone else posted barbie pics....and the difference there would be far more subtle.

I can't be bothered finding all the 1/6 pics of Barbies and other cheap dolls to post. I don't really need to for people to get it right?

Posting pictures of cheap badly made statues that no one here would have in their house is just as silly as if someone else posted barbie pics....and the difference there would be far more subtle.

Hey, the one pushing statues posted those pics, not the 1/6 guys.

Surely we can all see the profound similarities between these two statues right?

Gothic%20Fairy%20Statue%20SGF001.jpg

FuvF.jpg

Although, the first is obviously a much nicer piece, the reason that most wouldn't want the first statue is the same reason I wouldn't want the second statue.

dont really understand how ur logic/mind works though... please elaborate...
u dont collect hot toys then? or dont collect anything?

1.jpg

Hot-Toys-Superman-Christopher-Reeve-p-1.jpg

thanks for your opinion btw.. :)

yeah bro, u the man! ..... :clap:goodpost::exactly::yess:

I love statues of female characters and aliens. Coz both are sexy (well... aliens are really sexy, but in some giger-twisted way...) and it's almost impossible to bring them out in the poseble formats (just HATING any of HotToys' Aliens >< ). That's why if the character is girl or an AlienTM - I'll chose statue with no doubts.

talking about alien hottoys i might understand why people hate it.. :)

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89834

another reason i stay away from hotTOYS and choose statue instead.. :) too much hassle..

another reason i stay away from hotTOYS and choose statue instead.. :) too much hassle..
Don't put my words wrong, mate. ;)
I'm LOVING 1/6 scale, coz it's full of creativity, full of options to display and change them.
You can't take the statue like this:

1TerminatorSalvation_MarcusWright.jpg

...and turn it into this: :lol

165477514.jpg

That's why I'm LOVING action-figures. Also, I can give them the pose what I want. Can put them together into some action diorama. To make the display with the whole movie team on one shelf standing not together (as items), but like one team (like marines form Aliens or Lost Predators from P2). So 1/6 scale AF are really fine, but quite troubled, coz in 80% of cases you need to remake something on them. Statues are the best from this point of view, BUT they are not always perfect too, I should say. But they take less of you time - that's for sure. Just unpack it, display and good so far. :)

Anyway, I'm glad for guys who collects MARVEL and DC in statues, this is some brilliant choice for those characters indeed.

And again, some characters are the best in statues (my choice is Aliens, LotR and girls, but it's MY choice). Some are really awesome in action-figures (like USCM and all the fabric dressed people).

But remember the main thing: just collect what you really like. Collect for yourself. :lecture

Last edited:
Don't put my words wrong, mate. ;)
I'm LOVING 1/6 scale, coz it's full of creativity, full of options to display and change them. You can't take the statue like this:

1TerminatorSalvation_MarcusWright.jpg

...and turn it into this: :lol

165477514.jpg

That's why I LOVING action-figures. Also, I can give them the pose what I want. Can put them together into some action diorama. To make the display with the whole movie team on one shelf standing not together (as items), but like one team (like marines form Aliens or Lost Predators from P2). So 1/6 scale AF are really fine, but quite troubled, coz in 80% of cases you need to remake something on them. Statues are the best from this point of view, BUT they are not perfect too, I should say.

Anyway, I'm glad for guys who collects MARVEL and DC in statues, this is some brilliant choice for those characters indeed.

And again, some characters are the best in statues (my choice is Aliens, LotR and girls, but it's MY choice). Some are really awesome in action-figures (like USCM and all the fabric dressed people).

But remember the main thing: just collect what you really like.
Collect for yourself. :lecture

ok i understand you better now.. :) thanks for the explanations..

And YES, it's doesn't takes me away from buying statues time to time. :) Coz some of them just irresistible! :D And we should be honest with ourselves: there is crappy AF and there is crappy statues producing time to time. That's not the matter of scale or format.

And YES, it's doesn't takes me away from buying statues time to time. :) Coz some of them just irresistible! :D And we should be honest with ourselves: there is crappy AF and there is crappy statues producing time to time. That's not the matter of scale or format.

:exactly::goodpost:
u might wanna repeat this statement like 100 times though, so that people might understand better.. :) :yess:

There are members here who collect Barbie. In fact I have long wanted the Birds Barbie.

the-birds-barbie.jpg

dont really understand how ur logic/mind works though... please elaborate...
u dont collect hot toys then? or dont collect anything?

1.jpg

Hot-Toys-Superman-Christopher-Reeve-p-1.jpg

thanks for your opinion btw.. :)

The comparison doesn't quite work both ways guys. Earlier I said: "I proudly collect high end toys". Toys are toys. Those of us who collect them know they are toys. And for the record I think even 'low end' mass market toys make for cool collecting too. I actually think that, He-Man Superman is kind of cool.

Toys are toys and I like them. Period.

Resin statues are resin statues and I don't like them. Period.

Okay, not period... as I said I do have a few statues, but you get the point right. :pray:

What you call "hassle" is a big part of the fun. It takes time and work to get an action figure to look amazing on the shelf. But that's part of what draws me back to the shelf to stare at it again and again. Not only am I admiring the handiwork of the manufacturer, but I'm admiring my work and self expression as well.

Here are two of my pieces:

P1150149.jpg

10.jpg

They are both beautiful pieces, but I have never been drawn to stare at Gandalf again and again the way I am to Batman and my other figures.

Other than some futzing I did for Gandalf's clothes, I basically just took him out of the box and set him on the shelf. Whereas Batman took a lot of work to look that good. I see that when I look at him. I see the way I bent the wrists in ever so slightly. I see the way I placed the cape so that it was pulling back all the way from the front. I see the way I brought the cape forward to pool around him. I see that I swapped out the Hot Toys gauntlets for the glossy Takara gauntlets. I did all that. And I love the figure all the more for it.

What you call "hassle" is a big part of the fun. It takes time and work to get an action figure to look amazing on the shelf. But that's part of what draws me back to the shelf to stare at it again and again. Not only am I admiring the handiwork of the manufacturer, but I'm admiring my work and self expression as well.

Here are two of my pieces:

P1150149.jpg

10.jpg

They are both beautiful pieces, but I have never been drawn to stare at Gandalf again and again the way I am to Batman and my other figures.

Other than some futzing I did for Gandalf's clothes, I basically just took him out of the box and set him on the shelf. Whereas Batman took a lot of work to look that good. I see that when I look at him. I see the way I bent the wrists in ever so slightly. I see the way I placed the cape so that it was pulling back all the way from the front. I see the way I brought the cape forward to pool around him. I see that I swapped out the Hot Toys gauntlets for the glossy Takara gauntlets. I did all that. And I love the figure all the more for it.

ok now i understand you better and i get your point.. :) i mean this is the way you should post earlier..

There are members here who collect Barbie. In fact I have long wanted the Birds Barbie.

the-birds-barbie.jpg

The comparison doesn't quite work both ways guys. Earlier I said: "I proudly collect high end toys". Toys are toys. Those of us who collect them know they are toys. And for the record I think even 'low end' mass market toys make for cool collecting too. I actually think that, He-Man Superman is kind of cool.

Toys are toys and I like them. Period.

Resin statues are resin statues and I don't like them. Period.

Okay, not period... as I said I do have a few statues, but you get the point right. :pray:

:goodpost::exactly::yess::clap

ok now i understand you better and i get your point.. :) i mean this is the way you should post earlier..

Sometimes it takes a little back and forth before everybody fully understands even their own thinking on a subject. So thanks for the conversation. :duff

Back