Why do you love statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's what I was struggling to say earlier, that comparison is perfect. With the exception of Iron-Man, all those statues dvdwyn posted look like they were sold at the local asian imports shop on a shelf alongside the following:

Gothic%20Fairy%20Statue%20SGF001.jpg

gmerlin1.jpg

lg1fibpirate1914.jpg

I'm certain that if you scattered five of these in 1/3 scale throughout your collection, the average person visiting your home would not think anything was out of place.

You look at the above and think they look awful, right? They're a real eyesore and you'd be embarrassed to have them in your home? Well, I guarantee you the average person walking into your house is looking at your collection the same way. I mean, that Rambo looks like something an amateur hobbyist put together in his garage. And that Terminator, Jesus... That's got character like a piece of feces has character.

I'm honestly baffled as to how anyone can praise such things. I'm trying to comprehend it here and my head begins to hurt. It feels like you absolutely have to kidding, I'm finding it utterly incomprehensible that someone could be impressed by such things as these shown.

If you're looking at the Wizard statue above and thinking to yourself, 'I hope that's available in 1/4 scale,' I would be a lot closer to understanding some of you then. I guess I'm taking that for granted. We should perhaps get that clear first, do you actually look at this Wizard statue and others and think they look like crap or are you thinking of dragging them into Photoshop and adding subtitles like 'pure elegance' and 'noticeable'?

actually the rambo 1/4 HCG has really bad paint job and not one of the great.. that's why it is written "noticeable" not "pure elegance" as in size factor.. :) 1/6 and below is way too small..

some statues are crap, some statues are really awesome.. i dont know how many times i have to repeat this statement for people to understand :slap

the terminator PF looks okay to me, arnold always got "character".. indiana jones KOTCS PF are one of my favourite.. and always got a positive respond... even from people who does not watch a lot movies..

so basically it is very understandable situation in my case..
wait.. are you the one who wrote about samurai sword winking Jesus statue or something, oh well now i understand where you coming from and why you think that way.. :yess:

in before mods close this 'provocative' thread :yess:

hi dvdwyn! you seemed to have enjoyed the ' statue vs 1/6 thread'. did you start this one to continue the royal rumble?

by the way, i collect hot toys and 1/8, 1/7 statues. i love both.

Last edited:
Lol.. If its royal rumble, the clear winner would be the moderator i guess..
I am not the thread starter though..

I am just a supportive participant of this thread, otherwise i would have entered a royal rumble indi match weeks ago..

for ex. Posting in indi 1/6 thread on how awful it headsculpt is..

Anyway im so happy with my kotcs statue now and glad at the same time because i have made the right choice for so many reasons.. :yess:

They're 3D art. And they make my apartment look cool..... But not to all chicks. Lol

Simple... statues are hot!

sideshow-premium-format-darth-talon-statue.jpg

tumblr_lg7lpftYUa1qd9jlto1_500.png

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EaV221bYaso/TNcx7_Km3fI/AAAAAAAADwo/yDiZJNTu_cQ/s1600/She-Hulk+Statue+Close-Up.jpeg
[img]https://www.horror-movies.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/2001441_press03-001_1.jpg
51eQqBOb+AL._SS500_1.jpg

FuvF.jpg

9000641.jpg

blackqueen.jpg

dammmmmnnnnnnn hot... :clap:hi5::yess:

I love statues of female characters and aliens. Coz both are sexy (well... aliens are really sexy, but in some giger-twisted way...) and it's almost impossible to bring them out in the poseble formats (just HATING any of HotToys' Aliens >< ). That's why if the character is girl or an AlienTM - I'll chose statue with no doubts.

Yeah, that's what I was struggling to say earlier, that comparison is perfect. With the exception of Iron-Man, all those statues dvdwyn posted look like they were sold at the local asian imports shop on a shelf alongside the following:

gmerlin1.jpg

lg1fibpirate1914.jpg

I'm certain that if you scattered five of these in 1/3 scale throughout your collection, the average person visiting your home would not think anything was out of place.

You look at the above and think they look awful, right? They're a real eyesore and you'd be embarrassed to have them in your home? Well, I guarantee you the average person walking into your house is looking at your collection the same way. I mean, that Rambo looks like something an amateur hobbyist put together in his garage. And that Terminator, Jesus... That's got character like a piece of feces has character.

I'm honestly baffled as to how anyone can praise such things. I'm trying to comprehend it here and my head begins to hurt. It feels like you absolutely have to kidding, I'm finding it utterly incomprehensible that someone could be impressed by such things as these shown.

If you're looking at the Wizard statue above and thinking to yourself, 'I hope that's available in 1/4 scale,' I would be a lot closer to understanding some of you then. I guess I'm taking that for granted. We should perhaps get that clear first, do you actually look at this Wizard statue and others and think they look like crap or are you thinking of dragging them into Photoshop and adding subtitles like 'pure elegance' and 'noticeable'?

Well the only real difference is that for the most part, the detail on Sideshow's resin statues will be finer (sharper cast, cleaner paint), but in essence, I couldn't have said it any better.

Before, this was kind of only in the back of my mind, but putting it into words for the, we pretty much agree on this. :lecture

Collecting awesome statues and figures doesn't make someone a nerd.

Having pissing matches over whose stuff is better does.

:exactly:

I hate threads that turn into mine is better than yours. :gah:

1) What's wrong with being a nerd?

2) What's wrong with a friendly discussion about why you like what you like, and why you don't like what you don't like? I mean, who else am I gonna discuss this stuff with? :lol

The way I see it:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI[/ame]

Surely we can all see the profound similarities between these two statues right?

FuvF.jpg

Although, the first is obviously a much nicer piece, the reason that most wouldn't want the first statue is the same reason I wouldn't want the second statue.

Back