Why did sideshow increase the shipping fee for east coast by 100%?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they closed the EU warehouse, they made a deal with FedEx to reduce international rates as compensation for VAT and customs charges.

There was a long, dramatic, foot stomping thread at the time where this information was shared.

Why does SSC charge more for shipping 1/6 then BBTS and I'm in California? BBTS packages better too. :dunno

I know uh,BBTS sends the HT in another bigger box well protected and free.SideShow charges the "packout" for $10.00 and they don't even put packing peanuts in the box it's just some brown crumpled paper for protection,real scam.:cuckoo:

another $44 shipping to east coast for rhino, i must have a knack for picking the heaviest 1/4 statues. That's close to $150 shipping for my last 3 statue in the past 2 weeks :monkey4

You may get to save a few bucks by signing the waiver forever forms.. and Sideshow will send you packages without signature required.. seems to save a few bucks and no dealing with UPS center pick ups

another $44 shipping to east coast for rhino, i must have a knack for picking the heaviest 1/4 statues. That's close to $150 shipping for my last 3 statue in the past 2 weeks :monkey4

Rhino would definitely be another big/oversized item. So yes, it seems you have an eye on bigger collectibles (Rhino, Arthas and Grey Hulk). :wink1:

As to the international rates question that was brought up by someone else earlier...yes, we do try to give discounted rates to our overseas collectors due to the extra import fees and taxes they do get hit for their item(s),etc.

-SideshowAlex

I know uh,BBTS sends the HT in another bigger box well protected and free.SideShow charges the "packout" for $10.00 and they don't even put packing peanuts in the box it's just some brown crumpled paper for protection,real scam.:cuckoo:

You're crying because you don't get styrofoam peanuts?

What the **** is wrong with you?

But if you buy non-Sideshow stuff, they put it in a box with heavy brown paper instead of styrofoam peanuts and that's a crime against humanity.

Even Satan uses styrofoam peanuts. Sideshow is clearly much worse. :lecture

I can understand Arthas and Rhino are oversize and that's why it might cost that much to ship to the east coast. How come Hawkeye cost 34 dollars to ship to Delaware?? Is the base made out of granite?

Here's another one.

$10.57 for each HT (slim/normal) body to NJ, regardless of quantity.

I bought two, thinking the consolidated shipping would help defray the cost of paying full price, for once. $21 to ship a 3 lb box to NJ. That's above UPS retail.

Back to the third party guys for the little stuff.

I can understand Arthas and Rhino are oversize and that's why it might cost that much to ship to the east coast. How come Hawkeye cost 34 dollars to ship to Delaware?? Is the base made out of granite?

Yeah, In in Maryland and Hawkeye is $34.

Last I had direct from SS was Joker Ex and Spider-Woman Ex both at $20. Storm will be $22. These seem like "normal" rates since I started buying from SS in 2011, not much change, maybe about a dollar difference overall.

I guess Hawkeye is heavier than we think? Cuz in my 2 years of buying similarly sized statues from SS it's the first statue I've had go above $22.

My next comparison I think will be Poison Ivy or Scarlet Witch. They should be around $20 if not much has changed.

This is most likely due (again) do the DIM weight of the piece. Hawkeye has a DIM weight of 28 lbs where as the Joker PF (which people are using as an example) has a DIM weight of only 12 lbs. That DIM weight can make all the difference.

Please remember if anyone has any questions regarding shipping, shipping prices, etc. your best route for indepth answers (especially since everyone is from all different places around the world and as such shipping is not the same across the board) is our Customer Service department. They are more than happy to answer any of your questions, so please feel free to contact them during our normal business hours by phone/online chat or at anytime through email. :)

-SideshowAlex

You're crying because you don't get styrofoam peanuts?

What the **** is wrong with you?

Not crying because of the packing peanuts but why a company 10X smaller than SideShow can do a better job on packing ? Not cheaping out and also not charging extra.

SideShow doesn't even put extra tapes on the HT boxes when shipping,I had several HT boxes that came half open.

Not crying because of the packing peanuts but why a company 10X smaller than SideShow can do a better job on packing ? Not cheaping out and also not charging extra.

SideShow doesn't even put extra tapes on the HT boxes when shipping,I had several HT boxes that came half open.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Alex can you look into correcting this please, packaging is major since I'm collector and one bad experience I will refrain from any orders afterwards

The smaller guy has to do something to get a customers attention from a larger guy.

Back