why being in the UK sucks...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UK

What's worse, supporting Leeds or Norwich? :lol OH! Leeds are staying at the hotel where I work this weekend. Woot!

I don't think English is the most beautiful language, I think French is. Seriously, you can say ANYTHING in French and it sounds lovely. You can describe a steaming heap of dog poop in French and to someone else who doesnt understand it can sound like a fine delicacy.
I do think I live in a fantastic country (apart from when England keep losing friendlies - 4-1 to Denmark??!!) but I also appreciate other countries and admire what many of them have achieved, to famous people to architecture to the wonders of the world.

Oh and a cup of tea - with a small bit of milk and two sugars - is 'the' BEST drink in the whole world! Fact.

re

That was pretty much my staple diet during my 2 and a bit weeks in hospital :sick ...and it was tolerable, but to add sugar to it...:puke

Re: re

As a diehard anglophile I too love that sceptred isle but soccer still sucks.:sleep

soccer

Have you ever seen a 'soccer' match dSteph? Get yourself a DVD of Liverpool's European Cup Victory in Istanbul and pretend you're a Liverpool fan. Then tell me it sucks!

I've never been able to 'get' American football. It's not a game, it's a series of meetings held by men dressed up as armchairs. Baseball - we call it rounders, and it's the game you were made to play at school when you were no good at cricket. Wrestling - in Britain we call it 'pantomime'. NASCAR racing - we call it 'joyriding'. The only thing that impresses me about American sports is their scale, but other than that they all seem really boring to me - but that's NOT an attack on them, it's just my subjective Brit opinion (don't flame me!). Just what's so good about North American sports?

Re: soccer

Airbond Sarcasm just doesn't work on the internet, it's all about how it's delivered that makes it work.
I have indeed heard there is a blood link between Hitler and Prince Charles specifically. I've also heard that Prince Charles is related to Vlad Tepes. The link may be through Prince Philip, but I'm not sure.
I don't recall where I heard it, but it was from a reliable source.

I would agree that baseball, NASCAR and most sports are boring. But I like to watch tennis - so what do I know?

this WORLD SERIES????? what other country besides the US plays in this?

real football has the WORLD CUP:banana :bliss :banana

:mwaha All of the above. I love monsters, especially when they go out of control. :frank Ahh yes, it is, indeed, a crazy world. Ya gotta giggle.

Tea with no sugar? TEA WITH NO SUGAR?? Tea without sugar is purely disgusting, there's no taste!! Sugar adds taste and makes me go mmmmmmm

Woo!

RULE BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES, BRITONS NEVER NEVER NEVER SHALL BE SLAVES!!

:clap :clap

uk-england.gif

:bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss

:bonk :eye :bonk

For he might have been a Roosian,
A French, or Turk, or Proosian,
Or perhaps Itali-an!

Or perhaps Itali-an!

But in spite of all temptations
To belong to other nations,
He remains an Englishman!

For in spite of all temptations
To belong to other nations,
For he is an Englishman!
For he himself has said it,
And it's greatly to his credit,
That he is an Englishman!
That he is an Englishman!

(HMS Pinafore, G&S) :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

:bonk :eye :bonk

UK

Oh purrrlease.............:puke

Like I said, what a monster have I created:thwak

I guess we're gonna get a bit of 'knees up mother brown' next. I think it's turning from a monster into a musical. :sob

I love rebel songs. Although when I was in Ireland all the bar singers were only covering Springsteen.

Back