Who's you favorite orc?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz said:
The Orc with the Scull on his helmet. It would make a perfect 12" figure! :rock
Ohhhhhh!!! I agree! That helm was awesome. That Orc had a female sounding voice....were there any female orcs????

Fritz said:
The Orc with the Scull on his helmet. It would make a perfect 12" figure! :rock

Yep. Thats my favorite Orc too. Though I wouldn't mind getting the orc that Boromir came with (well, his head). It would be cool if one of his exclusives was a neck stump so you could display him with his head cut off. Heck, any orc would be great.

9316.jpg

Great look, and I'm partial to archers. These guys are just so ugly and beyond any salvation from long ages in the deep and terrible places. The gold eyes are killer.

I really love this figure as a companion to Gimli, with the Moria Stone. Plus they have a spectacular death scene, when paired against a superior student of the art.

spaceman said:
9316.jpg

Great look, and I'm partial to archers. These guys are just so ugly and beyond any salvation from long ages in the deep and terrible places. The gold eyes are killer.

I really love this figure as a companion to Gimli, with the Moria Stone. Plus they have a spectacular death scene, when paired against a superior student of the art.

These orc/goblins had great looking armour & weapons, too. I'm sure Sideshow won't neglect them when it's time to do some bad guys!

(Btw, that is definitely one of the nicest statues they ever made!). :cool:

Mudshark said:
(Btw, that is definitely one of the nicest statues they ever made!). :cool:

Absolutely. It's probably in my personal favorite five or so. Some pieces really just "speak to you", and this is one of those. Sam & Bill is another example.

The ill Jedi said:
There are in the game, Lord of the Rings Online.

Edit: Aww crap, this is only Fan Art, not actual in game, sorry Jen!

Still pretty hot though! :eek:

25486.jpg

I agree....not bad for being an orc!!! :lol

Sadly, like dwarves, I think the female orcs blend in with the males. There were more than a few orcs played by women, so you be the judge. Prominent orcs played by women include the Orc Overseer who inspects the Uruk-Hai's face at Isengard, The Moria Goblin with the digitally enlarged eyes, and I believe the one that get's his head chooped off when he tries to take "a bit off the flank" in Rohan.

My favorite orc is probably Grishnakh. "Go on, call for help. Squeal!!"

I also dig the Orc Captain in Mordor. "Inspecctiioooonnn!!!""

spaceman said:
Absolutely. It's probably in my personal favorite five or so. Some pieces really just "speak to you", and this is one of those. Sam & Bill is another example.

Getting back to this one for a moment, unfortunately it's one I DON'T have!!! :monkey2 I had it on backorder in a couple of places, but it never came through! (crap!) Same thing with Sam & Bill!! (double crap!) But I DO have the Ringwraith on Steed, and that one definitely 'speaks', like you said! The only thing is, "Baginnnnssssss", and sometimes "Shiiiiiiiiire..." is about all I can get out of him! :D

I'm not sure how it would go over with the majority of LOTR fans, but what if they put voice chips in the orcs, so they could speak the lines they did in the movies? They had some great lines, not to mention those voices...

Shagrat and Grishnakh were two that had great voices and quite a few good lines, too.

"...I'll stick this blade in your gut!" (Shagrat to Gorbag)

"...I'll put a maggot-hole in your belly!" (Grishnakh to Merry)

Mudshark said:
I'm not sure how it would go over with the majority of LOTR fans, but what if they put voice chips in the orcs, so they could speak the lines they did in the movies? They had some great lines, not to mention those voices...

Shagrat and Grishnakh were two that had great voices and quite a few good lines, too.

"...I'll stick this blade in your gut!" (Shagrat to Gorbag)

"...I'll put a maggot-hole in your belly!" (Grishnakh to Merry)

And they're both the same body and voice actors too!

One actor, don't know his name, played both the orcs, and Andy Serkis did both the voices. Weird....

NO VOICE CHIPS!! Limits articulation too much.

Mudshark said:
Getting back to this one for a moment, unfortunately it's one I DON'T have!!! :monkey2 I had it on backorder in a couple of places, but it never came through! (crap!) Same thing with Sam & Bill!! (double crap!) But I DO have the Ringwraith on Steed, and that one definitely 'speaks', like you said! The only thing is, "Baginnnnssssss", and sometimes "Shiiiiiiiiire..." is about all I can get out of him! :D

Ouch! :grouphug I had a couple orders fail to convert as well back when things started to get really crazy (Not direct from Sideshow, but from less than reputable dealers). Thankfully nothing quite as high on my list as these two though.

RWOS is a definite all time classic as well. If I could have just one baddie, with the possible exception of Sauron, that would be it.

I'd love to see a Moria Orc PF (preferably swordsman). I loved the design of them and of their armor and weapons.

Back